• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

mlgpro

Mar 9, 2021
How is "Quick As You Like" supposed to be played as a leader?

I went on it myself -> 8 days of nothing -> Some text that seems to be implying having obtained the "Slutty" trait and the camp has no leader. Clearly not a favorable result - reload the save (before accepting the assignment - I know savescumming the assignment after accepting it is too late) to try again -> same thing. Reloaded it 10+ times - same result every time. This does not seem like RNG to me, and more like something I am missing to qualify for more favorable results, so...what ARE those requirements? What is the assignment all about?

After all, since it explicitly says "you will get a bonus based on the number of times you have yourself run QaYL", you clearly are supposed to be able to complete it and, you know, return so you can run it again in the future.
It's like it appears to be. If you critically succeed you lose the slaver and if you succeed you gain gold but also turn the slaver into a slut, genderbent if it was a male. I kinda wish there was some way to gain the slaver back (perhaps as a slave) with a follow up assignment but unfortunately that's not the case. From a gameplay perspective it makes no sense to send anyone to that assignment really. Maybe if you want to genderbend one of your male slavers it might serve a purpose although still very risky.
The bonus it's talking about is just a bonus to the next QaYL if you don't critically succeed.
The game alludes to a "baron" who seems to be like a competitor to the mistress of roses as the slaver's new owner, maybe in the future bedlam can make a new assignment to attack his mansion directly and rescue slavers lost in QaYL

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
And the leader is lost every time? Not slaver - encampment leader.
No, you just have to make sure to pick the right choices during the CYOA prompts that pop up when you send your encampment leader out on the assignment to get a regular success and not a critical success.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Susan Xandera When you say "prompts", do you mean the choices you get during some assignments on the right side of the game window? Because if so - I never see any. QaYL just starts when I hit "confirm assignment", runs "silently" in the background like any other common assignment, and 8 days later - boom, no leader anymore.

Still trying to get it again so I can screenshot what my result looks like. At least THAT is consistent. :ROFLMAO:

While I don't doubt it could be a random bug, I think back then Endurance training couldn't reach x5, and the checks on the assignment might not have been properly future-proofed, as tends to be Bedlam's MO. So I suspect Endurance training would have to be at exactly 3 or 4. If you have earlier saves, you can try to check if that's the case.
- it was not . And yep, it was a critical - I used a Distinction to make sure.

Anyway, that list of How-To for the unique characters - would you happen to remember where/how you got it? Was it posted somewhere "officially"? Did you painstakingly compile it after picking up crums here and there all over forums and threads? I was wondering whether I might be able to do something similar and track down the source and/or maybe even dig into the game files themselves to find out what the triggers are...or something.

"Duh, bugged" possibility aside, could be some weird condition like "must send PC instead of two generic slavers" or "need to crit the assignment more than once", as is sometimes the case with other complex assignments.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1810

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Susan Xandera When you say "prompts", do you mean the choices you get during some assignments on the right side of the game window? Because if so - I never see any. QaYL just starts when I hit "confirm assignment", runs "silently" in the background like any other common assignment, and 8 days later - boom, no leader anymore.

Still trying to get it again so I can screenshot what my result looks like. At least THAT is consistent. :ROFLMAO:
That... should not be happening, the prompts should pop up on your screen when you send your leader out on QAYL. If its not showing up you should use an earlier save or you'll have to restart because the assignment will remained bugged.

• Sad
Reactions: Tsugumi

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
- it was not . And yep, it was a critical - I used a Distinction to make sure.

Anyway, that list of How-To for the unique characters - would you happen to remember where/how you got it? Was it posted somewhere "officially"? Did you painstakingly compile it after picking up crums here and there all over forums and threads? I was wondering whether I might be able to do something similar and track down the source and/or maybe even dig into the game files themselves to find out what the triggers are...or something.

"Duh, bugged" possibility aside, could be some weird condition like "must send PC instead of two generic slavers" or "need to crit the assignment more than once", as is sometimes the case with other complex assignments.
Oof - yeah, no idea what could be missing in that case. Maaaybe the nymph race came later than the assignment and Bedlam forgot to code it as an option? I usually get Samudra with a kitsune from that forest assignment. Or possibly your PC does have to go personally.

I compiled that guide from experience and some tips from patrons with insider knowledge. Feel free to make a new one in more depth and recycle whatever content you'd like, there are some entries I know are out of date but I don't feel like putting in much effort given Bedlam only does a real update to the game like once a year. :D

Anyway, you can possibly discern some of the code from the Regalia conversion, if you're a masochist.

Reactions: Tsugumi

nuclear

Sep 27, 2017
Do people actually play the regalia version? It's incredibly easy to just break completely from simple things like choosing slavers for assignments

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
nuclear Guess my screenshots are telling, but I do, after being by . Yes, still (and those shots are almost a year old by now). And those trigger twice, to boot, so I had to deal with 4 pop-ups almost every in-game day. From in-game day 1. :HideThePain:

deptraivkl

Oct 5, 2018
Am I just unlucky or is the current version crashes and freezes far too often? Have to restart many times because at about month 4 or 5 with 20 plus slavers it started freezing on choosing people on assignments. I remember the game lagging on previous versions, but straight up stopped working like recently is the first...

Cyrilion

Dec 4, 2019
Am I just unlucky or is the current version crashes and freezes far too often? Have to restart many times because at about month 4 or 5 with 20 plus slavers it started freezing on choosing people on assignments. I remember the game lagging on previous versions, but straight up stopped working like recently is the first...
That's always been my experience, any given game is a race against in game time to see if i can win or if the game becomes unplayable. Here's hoping these issues can be fixed after the Twine conversion.

jamiroq

May 2, 2019
I was playing around with ai art and wanted to test different skin colors. Drows are good for this and Shadriel from this game came to my mind, since her character arc was unique and interesting when I played last time. White hair, stone grey skin, red/pinkish eyes, beautiful. I added jewelry, since it fits the drow aesthethic and could be reasonably assumed to have been enchanted, since Shadriel is a uniquely talented sorceress. Choker could either be an aesthethic choice or a sign that she's been enslaved. I made about 100 pictures and here's a sample of her on assignements in different areas: Great Plains, Dreadsea Coast, Ever Forest, Deep Mountains, Underdark, some mansion in Aversol.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She's mostly naked, because obviously, and because, iirc, she starts being a slaver like that.

PS. Since I was already testing skin colors, I'm quite happy with how obsidian skin turned out, so why not share. I was imagining different drow women on Sable Masquerade assignements. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Those look really nice, maybe with the Twine conversion it will be possible to add art packs!

Any stabs at other uniques?

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
You can replace images in the regalia version, i do when the character doesn't have a transformed image, or just by preference if i dislike a character image.
Sure! But I mean using more than one replacement image, depending on the region of the assignment for example.

Baudler

Nov 22, 2021
That's always been my experience, any given game is a race against in game time to see if i can win or if the game becomes unplayable. Here's hoping these issues can be fixed after the Twine conversion.
That's been in the game for years. You can find me bitching about it.

The solution is figure out what's the maximum permissible amount of assignments and then watch so you don't try to have one too many.

Some sort of bug keeps lowering it however..
One game I kept playing till I could only have 5 assignments..

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Twine conversion seems to finally be up! Really hope it worthes the wait to finally put aside RAGS.
Just need to wait the apperance of an hero among us to share the link.
It's a positive milestone, but the build seems to be lacking most mechanics other than the basic gameplay loop. No corruption, no biomancy, and no full custom starts.

I think the only unique slaves in the build are Shadriel and the Witch-Queen, if I've got the timeline right.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes