Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
Ya, still trying narrow down when it happened but the short of it is when I had backlash on myself and doing some debauched exaltation. Happened about 15% of the time.

Neither of my saves has it occurring again. So I'll try to spin up a new one tomorrow and see if I can get steps worked out how to re-create reliably.

Cyrilion

Dec 4, 2019
I'll get to work trying to figure out the issue. Lesbian training has been a problem before, which is wild, as it shares triggers with other events that aren't bonkered.
Yeah, it's weird, like there are 3 different trainings that could fail to show up, need healer for heal slut, need man for sissy, need woman/futa/sissy for lesbian.
Also weirdly tit fuck training shows up even when you dont have tits, and then just doesn't allow you to pick it, i can only imagine the coding for this game :p
Also, i mentioned it last year but can we get locked outfits that are auto-unequipped sent to outfit storage rather than destroyed, like the maid outfit from the mysterious letter event adds 400 value and assignment bonuses, but its impossible to keep.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah, it's weird, like there are 3 different trainings that could fail to show up, need healer for heal slut, need man for sissy, need woman/futa/sissy for lesbian.
Also weirdly tit fuck training shows up even when you dont have tits, and then just doesn't allow you to pick it, i can only imagine the coding for this game :p
Also, i mentioned it last year but can we get locked outfits that are auto-unequipped sent to outfit storage rather than destroyed, like the maid outfit from the mysterious letter event adds 400 value and assignment bonuses, but its impossible to keep.
The coding is wild and Bedlam used up every trick in the game to make it work within RAGS about... how long ago did he start developing the game?:whistle::coffee:
Yes, I remember. I even tried to add a tool to destroy the outfits because they would take up space in the wardrobe with no way to remove them, but it only worked as far as removing them, didn't actually solve the issue. I'll take another swing at it while I'm working on the lesbian training being broken.

Ya, still trying narrow down when it happened but the short of it is when I had backlash on myself and doing some debauched exaltation. Happened about 15% of the time.

Neither of my saves has it occurring again. So I'll try to spin up a new one tomorrow and see if I can get steps worked out how to re-create reliably.
That would be helpful. I can't seem to track down any reference to it in the games code itself. so it's either obscure as fuck or I'm just not observant enough :whistle:

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
Is this different then the rare possession even that could happen?
It could be, I don't remember exactly that event but this one read differently... It could be a new skill interaction. I haven't been able to narrow down exactly what is causing it to or even getting it to show up on some play throughs.

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
Does anybody know if there's a Regalia version to export a character build so that I don't have to go through all of character creation again if I don't like my crew?

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
Does anybody know if there's a Regalia version to export a character build so that I don't have to go through all of character creation again if I don't like my crew?
Sadly not, closest thing you can do is setup an autoclicker to run through all your options and selections quickly, or use console to edit all your slavers to what you want

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
It's been too long since I did a proper bugfix, so I'm working through one right now.
I've already got everything that's been reported in a list, but if there's anything you think you have noticed and don't think it's been reported on, let me know. Or even something you think needs touching up that's been ignored.
(and this totally ain't a trap to get bedlam to release an update)

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
It's been too long since I did a proper bugfix, so I'm working through one right now.
I've already got everything that's been reported in a list, but if there's anything you think you have noticed and don't think it's been reported on, let me know. Or even something you think needs touching up that's been ignored.
(and this totally ain't a trap to get bedlam to release an update)
I don't know what all you have on your list, but I feel safe in assuming the "taggerfolk racial does the opposite of what it says it does" is there?

Also, this isn't a bugfix, but have you put any consideration into adding some of the traits that are inexplicably missing from character customization in there? I was messing around and looking at the game in the rags designer and it didn't SEEM that terrible to add some of them (compared to working with some of the spaghetti in other areas at least), but I would apparently need a license to export and see if I actually did it correctly.
It's just kind of baffling to me that you can't choose to start with (Res), among many other traits that are way less overpowered than stuff like (Hyp) or (M:Bi)

xskoteinosz

Mar 2, 2020
Not sure if it´s been said already, but in the latest version, playing as a slaver with the Dominator trait, regardless of race/gender the mind break events that clear/add traits never trigger even if I don´t use the Loaded Dice at all; moreover, the Lord´s Gate assignment doesn´t load correctly ("Failed to generate assignment" message pops up three times, then a "Mission success" message, but with no follow-up mission to deliver slaves being generated and the "visit the lord´s gate" assignment remaining available).

Thanks for all your hard work - after years of playing this game on and off I am finally seeing content that had been in the game for the better part of the last decade!

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
the Lord´s Gate assignment doesn´t load correctly ("Failed to generate assignment" message pops up three times, then a "Mission success" message, but with no follow-up mission to deliver slaves being generated and the "visit the lord´s gate" assignment remaining available).
This is a known issue. It happens when you continue playing after "completing" the game then start Lord's Gate. This is why there is a modified version of the game that increases the end gold/supplies amount so you don't accidentally end the game.

Reactions: xskoteinosz

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Since last posting in here, I grabbed a crack for rags designer and messed around a bit. I put together a copy of the mod with a which allows for disabling alchemy explosion accidents (for both yourself and your slavers) and/or spawning +1 of any individual potion.
Frank N. Stein - I apologize if this is stepping on your toes, as I saw there was already a "LD - Alchemy" variable implemented but seemingly not used yet. I may have missed something among the spaghetti pile of no haven's DISGUSTING code architecture.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Sorry for the slow replies. I've been slow to reply lately.

I don't know what all you have on your list, but I feel safe in assuming the "taggerfolk racial does the opposite of what it says it does" is there?

Also, this isn't a bugfix, but have you put any consideration into adding some of the traits that are inexplicably missing from character customization in there? I was messing around and looking at the game in the rags designer and it didn't SEEM that terrible to add some of them (compared to working with some of the spaghetti in other areas at least), but I would apparently need a license to export and see if I actually did it correctly.
It's just kind of baffling to me that you can't choose to start with (Res), among many other traits that are way less overpowered than stuff like (Hyp) or (M:Bi)
Taggerfolk: Evidence that even if you think "oh, this one is so obvy~" you should mention it, as unless it was mentioned before and I missed it, that one is new to me.

CC Update: That's part of the update, actually. It's been requested a bunch of times for me to add the unique slaver traits and the unique starting traits to the PC's character creation, so I'm just creating a fresh section for them so it's less of a thing to re-add them each time.

Not sure if it´s been said already, but in the latest version, playing as a slaver with the Dominator trait, regardless of race/gender the mind break events that clear/add traits never trigger even if I don´t use the Loaded Dice at all; moreover, the Lord´s Gate assignment doesn´t load correctly ("Failed to generate assignment" message pops up three times, then a "Mission success" message, but with no follow-up mission to deliver slaves being generated and the "visit the lord´s gate" assignment remaining available).

Thanks for all your hard work - after years of playing this game on and off I am finally seeing content that had been in the game for the better part of the last decade!
I'll take a look at that. The block for Anti-Mind Break might be firing constantly rather than only when activated.

Since last posting in here, I grabbed a crack for rags designer and messed around a bit. I put together a copy of the mod with a which allows for disabling alchemy explosion accidents (for both yourself and your slavers) and/or spawning +1 of any individual potion.
Frank N. Stein - I apologize if this is stepping on your toes, as I saw there was already a "LD - Alchemy" variable implemented but seemingly not used yet. I may have missed something among the spaghetti pile of no haven's DISGUSTING code architecture.
Absolutely not. I've got myself a pair of "steel toe boots of fair game" :p
As I've said before, anyone wanting to mod the game or mod is free to, and if they want me to roll their work into the mod releases, I'm cool with that. I'm not going to tell someone to shove it just because they have an idea.
The LD - Alchemy variable is legacy code that I keep adding back in because I'm seven shades of incompetent.
My Alchemy code is rolled into my Crafting variable now, and it's function is limited to triggering the production of the potion you want.

And yes, the base games code is... fucking painful. Mine isn't much better, especially the parts where I just weaved it around his, but I like to think I followed the KISS method rather than emulating Beldam's.

Reactions: Susan Xandera

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
you should mention it, as unless it was mentioned before and I missed it, that one is new to me.
Well it's not a bug with LD specifically. There are a ton of bugs in the base game, obviously, but I would have to sit and think about it if I was going to compile a list.
One thing that would be related to LD, though it isn't a big deal, if you use the Reset Day command before the mysterious letter event that introduces the Ensnared Rose, you can then visit the Ensnared Rose that day even though you (in story) wouldn't know about it yet.

As I've said before, anyone wanting to mod the game or mod is free to, and if they want me to roll their work into the mod releases, I'm cool with that. I'm not going to tell someone to shove it just because they have an idea.
I'm not going to tell you what to add, though I can give you a list of where and what I changed if you want to copy/roll in my changes here. Up to you.

And yes, the base games code is... fucking painful. Mine isn't much better, especially the parts where I just weaved it around his, but I like to think I followed the KISS method rather than emulating Beldam's.
Yeah... The time it took me to figure out how to properly add a working bit on to LD was barely anything compared to the time it took to fucking FIND the place where the slaver alchemy roll even happens (after easily finding where the You alchemy roll happens, which has a timer in a different section that is named entirely differently of course).

Hearing that Bedlam is now spending a huge amount of time converting over to TWINE (for some reason) and that the end result of that conversion is basically just the same UI and is probably operating under the same standards of code quality... It's a damn shame because I do like this game a lot despite all of the jank.

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
Hearing that Bedlam is now spending a huge amount of time converting over to TWINE (for some reason) and that the end result of that conversion is basically just the same UI and is probably operating under the same standards of code quality... It's a damn shame because I do like this game a lot despite all of the jank.
Because TWINE has support while RAGS is officially dead. RAGS was never meant to handle the complexity of a game like No Haven. It's been butchered over and over again. Once you start modding the game you will see what I'm talking about. You can create a custom timer which doesn't reference any of the Original game, and all of a sudden the Drow inspect text gets jacked up. It is fascinating to see how the RAGS engine will break over simple little things >.>

Reactions: hawkloner and Fer99

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
RAGS was never meant to handle the complexity of a game like No Haven.
You're not wrong in anything you're saying, but at the same time, Twine is not meant to handle the complexity of a game like No Haven either. That was more of the point I wanted to get at.

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
You're not wrong in anything you're saying, but at the same time, Twine is not meant to handle the complexity of a game like No Haven either. That was more of the point I wanted to get at.
Fair, and I agree, I don't expect him to learn a language or use a more robust framework.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
still i think twine is a huge improvement for us. twine is javascript. a real language. for messy and absurd it is. you don't need a specific editor to work with it, it isn't a nichie application died a decade ago. you can edit with any text editor, check the difference betweeen version with text comparison software to spot any change made, and you can actually setup some regdex substitution for processing the years old, unfixed, bugs.

but are we sure bedlam is for real developing the conversion? because he is at least six years reporting "significative advancement" in the conversion. in six years even a incompetent programmer like bedlam will produce something vaguely working.

he never was developing the conversion in good faith, only a little carrot for some donor [in amy platform] feed up with the imbecillity of developing something like no haven in rags.

Reactions: hawkloner and Fer99

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
but are we sure bedlam is for real developing the conversion? because he is at least six years reporting "significative advancement" in the conversion. in six years even a incompetent programmer like bedlam will produce something vaguely working.
There has been a version of the game made in twine and released, it just doesn't have anywhere near the content present in the rags version because everything has to be converted over and I doubt there's a better way to do it than manually.

I would tend to be more charitable than this. I do genuinely believe that bedlam wants to do a good job and make a good game, but may not actually have the knowledge to do it easily or quickly. Also yeah the general problem of crowdfunded patreon gamedev is always hanging there with it not incentivizing working quickly.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes