VN Ren'Py New Year's Day(e) [Ch. 4 v0.4.1] [Jonesy]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Update (incest and age patch) for all versions (0.3, 0.3.1 and so on):

Here is the remake of my patch that sets ages and removes "step-" relationship.

This version should work with original, not modified script.rpy of all versions.

Of course if new versions would have new or changed dialog lines, this patch wouldn't affect those lines; but it would still work for those lines that remain the same.

It should work also with previous versions (0.2 and the like).

It's based on the patch posted by TomHook:

https://f95zone.to/threads/new-years-day-e-v0-3-0-jonesy.161093/post-12543796

Save "patch.rpy" and put it in "games" folder.

To remove it: remove "patch.rpy" and "patch.rpyc" from "games" folder.

Your old saves might not work with this patch, but it's kinetic, so just skip to the point you need.

Also here is a tiny little mod for better dialogue style (a bit larger text, thick outlines, a wider and transparent textbox). It works well for screens like 16:9 or 16:10. It works for most other Ren'Py games as well. Just save it as "say.rpy" (or whatever) and drop it into "games" folder. To remove it: remove "say.rpy" and "say.rpyc" from "games" folder.
So, this will work with the new v0.3.2 that just came out a few minutes ago?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
OK!

Who's an idiot? I AM!

Folks, I'm sorry to say it, but I did it again. I missed a bunch more images than I thought I did and released another messed up version of 0.3.1. Thankfully, one of my friends was nice enough to mention it. At this point, it just makes more sense to me to bump the Rev to v0.3.2 and release it as a new version. The new non-screwed up version. Believe me, no one is more upset with me right now than I am. I know it's frustrating. Thank you for not giving up on me!

***For those of you that don't want to download the entire game again, I made the missing image files available for download ***. All you need to do is download the images and place them into the "NewYearsDaye\Game\Images" folder of v0.3.1. Let me know if I missed any more and I'll add them to the linked folder.

Sorry for screwing up so bad. It won't happen again (I hope).

~ Jonesy

Images patch:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
New Year's Day(e) [v0.3.2] [Jonesy]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

p1n3@5573

Feb 6, 2023
linux archive is compressed to save 100MB, it takes 10 minutes (literally) on my laptop to uncompress, and it also probably takes forever on devs pc to compress it
Not sure if dev is here, but just an advice, use option in renpy that builds single zip for both win/linux, zip will be few hundred mb larger, but then you don't have to upload 2 files, and i don't have to listen to my laptop fans screaming for 10 minutes

Reactions: *Jonesy*

*Jonesy*

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
linux archive is compressed to save 100MB, it takes 10 minutes (literally) on my laptop to uncompress, and it also probably takes forever on devs pc to compress it
Not sure if dev is here, but just an advice, use option in renpy that builds single zip for both win/linux, zip will be few hundred mb larger, but then you don't have to upload 2 files, and i don't have to listen to my laptop fans screaming for 10 minutes
Noted! I didn't realize this was an issue. I'll do the win/linux zip in the future. Thanks for pointing this out!

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.3.2

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 278 MB

Come find me on Discord:

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.3.2

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

Pixeldrain
Mega

Size 278 MB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021

"What Do You Want From Me??!!" Poll Results

OK, so the votes are in (at least enough of them). While a few of you are very excited about Siren Song, the overwhelming majority (About 75-80%) of you want to see what's going to happen to Daye and Eve and the rest of the crew. I don't blame you, cuz so do I!

Just to be clear, this doesn't mean I will completely stop work on Siren Song altogether. This poll is just a tool to show me what to focus on getting out first. Sometimes I will need to step away from NYD to think about how to proceed. During these times I will focus on completing content for Siren Song that I will have been thinking about and making notes on during my time spent on NYD. If anything, slowing down the process could actually help both stories. I get so carried away, I sometimes rush things and shoot past details that could make my story better.

My point is, I promise that chapter 2 of Siren Song will follow chapter 4 of NYD as soon as I'm able to make that happen.

The coolest thing for me is that the two stories are different enough that I can think about one while I work on the other, so I'm sort of working on them both at the same time.

Anyway, thank you all for your input! I really appreciate everything you do for me!

Until next time,

~ Jonesy

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
*Jonesy*

getting a bunch of missing images (wakeup 11 to wakeup 15, starting at line 16448) right before Kaylee shows up knocking at the door in her maid uniform.

Also, a few typos that slipped through the cracks.

And it seems the Ch 4 intro images are also missing. I'll check a different download (Used the GoFile version)

Last edited:
Reactions: *Jonesy*

*Jonesy*

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
*Jonesy*

getting a bunch of missing images (wakeup 11 to wakeup 15, starting at line 16448) right before Kaylee shows up knocking at the door in her maid uniform.

Also, a few typos that slipped through the cracks.

And it seems the Ch 4 intro images are also missing. I'll check a different download (Used the GoFile version)
Thanks for the heads-up! I really screwed up a bunch of files in the 0.3.1/0.3.2 update fiasco. I thought I had caught all of the missing files, but I guess not.

I created a folder so anyone can get the missing image files. I added the ones you called out to it. You can get to it (Mega)

Just download the images and stick them in the "Newyearsdaye\game\images" folder. That should fix it.

As for the typos, thanks again. They've been corrected in the current script and will be in place as of the release of chapter 4 or the next update.

Thanks again for pointing these out. If you run into anymore screw-ups, let me know either here or over on my .

Last edited:

MiruCrimson

Nov 12, 2021
Can I just ask this before I download the new update. The "gang r***" scene mentioned isn't one of the main girls is it? Just a yes or no will suffice.

*Jonesy*

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
Maybe her Body look like a 12 Year old Girl, her Face looks like a that from 6 Year old Child.
She should actually be around 40 years old.
She should look significantly older and her alcohol addiction may have left visible marks on her body.

But at least Stroy is slowly becoming more and more interesting.
However, I'm not finished yet and I'll keep playing for now.
I finally went back and checked on this just to make sure I didn't screw up and use the wrong model in this scene or something. It turns out this is the exact same model with all the same makeup and everything as I used in chapter 2 when
, she's just wearing different clothes, hair and expressions. She definitely looks young, I won't argue that, but then again, everyone else in this story looks pretty young for their age. Sorry if it spoiled the immersion in this scene, but short of replacing her character with an old, nasty looking model (not gonna happen btw - I like my ladies looking pretty), there isn't much else I can do.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So what happens now, do we get another update for this, or one for Siren Song.

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021

NYD Progress Report 2/29/24

OK, so I said in a previous progress report that I'd let you know what my estimated release date is for NYD chapter 4 based on how far I've gotten into Act II. I actually made a lot of progress this month. So much so that I needed to take a quick break to recharge my creative batteries over this past week. I'm about halfway through the entire chapter (I think). Over the past week, I've had some cool ideas for some "cut scenes" and some revelations as well.

As it stands, I feel confident I will be done with this by the end of April. That's not much of a holiday release. Maybe I could try for Earth Day (4/20)? Arbor Day (4/26)? Maybe Star Wars Day (5/4)? Cinco de Mayo? Who knows? I actually feel more optimistic about reaching my original Easter (3/31) release date goal, but at the same time, I don't want to rush and put out sub-par material. There's a LOT going on in chapter 4 and I want to make sure I get it all in there correctly.

My new-found choice making skills are being put to good use. I'm trying to be tasteful with them and not have arbitrary choices in the game just for the sake of having them. They will mainly fall into one of three categories: Scene Skips (skips a scene), Loop-arounds (a tangent that comes back to the main story line), and Dead Ends (where your choice causes catastrophic events to happen that end the game). I haven't planned on putting very many choices in the game so far, just at key points in the story line and before certain scenes that the reader may want to skip. My main goal with these choices are to give it the feeling of the old Choose Your Own Adventure books that I read as a kid, using the same types of ramp-ups to the choices and the same types of endings if that is what the choice led to. I hope I do at least a passable job.

That's it for now. If I have any earth-shattering breakthroughs, I'll drop you guys a line.

Thanks again for everything. Love y'all.

~ Jonsey

deuteronomy1956

Dec 11, 2022
Dude (or Dudette),

Thank you for your positive comment. It really means the world to me. I had to take a short break from creating because I had some unexpected family issues come up, but I am back to writing, rendering and coding as of this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have something ready to realease in a couple of months.

Let me tell you creating these stories has definitely been a journey of learning. I'm so glad you took the time to go through the two stories and notice the progression. In the beginning, I literally went from AVN fanboy to AVN creator with hardly a breath in between. I have experience doing CAD work, so that made figuring out DAZ a little easier, but not by much. The rest (writing, coding, animations, etc) was literally trial and error, and I'm sure most AVN fans have noticed the errors - and that's cool! I want them to notice! It's like a living documentation of my evolution as a creator. You see, when I started out, I completely idolized creators like Lockheart and Jestur (and I still do - they're amazing!). So when I started out, I went with what I knew - the assets I recognized from APAT and a story that was sort of similar. Just to figure it out, you know? Like a kid learning guitar figures out their favorite songs first. I did what I was familiar with first. I really had no idea what I was doing. I was scared and wondering if I should make a full-blown incest story right off the bat (pretty bold from my perspective). So I pussed out and went stepcest. That said, I'm glad I did, because, in a way it offers more possible story threads than an "ordinary" incest story. One real question is - should I have released Christmas Eve as it was so similar to APAT? Looking back, maybe not. But I just wanted to see if I was doing anything right. I guess I was because people liked it even though it was similar to Lockheart's story and it was pretty rough render-wise, story-wise, and animation-wise. But, I feel that even though the two stories are similar, they quickly diverged from their common beginnings. I like to think that as CE progressed it became less and less similar to APAT. And I like to think of NYD as the first true standalone "Jonesy" story even though it has it's roots in CE. Anyway, I'm so glad you are liking things so far. Sorry to have used your comment as jumping off point for a knowledge dump for all my baggage. It's been a long time coming I guess. So yeah, come at me trolls! Do your worst. Everything I've said here is true. I said what I said and IDGAF.

Thanks,

~ Jonesy

Hey! Just want to thank you for mentioning Lockheart and Jestur. You mentioned Lockheart before and I have sense played everything they have to this date. I'm hoping very strongly that they decide to finish Over the Moon at some point. I absolutely loved that whole trilogy! Also had already played Avalon but didn't realize it was by Lockheart. I will now play as much as I can find of Jestur's games. And I agree that while CE was similar to APAT in theme, they were different enough, IMO, that both were great stories.

On another topic, if you had to pick being supported on only one website, which would you prefer? I'm supporting you on Patreon atm, but also know about Subscribestar, and I'm wondering if SS would be better since they don't seem to have a problem with incest content there vs Patreon. Sorry if these topics are not welcome here. I'm thinking about adding Discord next month for more direct messaging.

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes