VN Ren'Py New Year's Day(e) [Ch. 4 v0.4.1] [Jonesy]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
ELYsZX.jpg

Siren Song

OK, folks, this is it!

I've been working on this game in one way or another since before I started making "Christmas Eve". This is the story I originally wanted to make when I decided to try creating AVN's, but my skills weren't up to the task, so I started with "Christmas Eve" instead. I'm not saying I'm any sort of "master" at this point by any means, but I'd settle for "adequate" maybe?

OK, so, see that cute girl up there? That is Charlotte Cooper, or "Charlie" for short (all of her names can be changed in-game). She is a fun-loving, impetuous young lady who enjoys sunbathing, posting things to Instacam, and streaming herself playing video games on Switch. She was looking forward to spending her summer basking in the sun on the beach with her two besties, Kim and Sabrina. That was until her mom, Rachel, had to leave to go overseas for work, leaving Charlotte with no one to look after her.

Charlie's impulsiveness has gotten her and her friends into trouble in the past, making it difficult for Rachel to trust her being left home alone for months on end. Charlotte, who will be turning 18 in just a few days would beg to differ.

Enter Bobby (MC), Charlotte's father and Rachel's estranged husband (name can be changed). Bobby is a singer/songwriter. He has been playing music most of his adult life, but has only enjoyed modest success. This way of life has kept him out of the picture for years, causing Charlotte to feel somewhat detached and resentful.

He started out playing guitar in punk rock bands. He toured the country with them a few times, put out a few records, and had a lot of fun, but he really found his true love when he picked up an acoustic guitar and went solo. Over the years he has put out a few albums and toured the world with many other bands. Although he never made it "big", he is considered by some to be one the great influences of folk-rock. Charlotte is oblivious to all of this, so when she is forced to go on tour with Bobby for the summer, she is less than thrilled. The idea of being cooped up in a van with her dad is pretty yucky.

It will be up to Bobby to win back Charlotte's affections and show her how much fun traveling and playing music can be. Lucky for him, Charlotte is a little more like her dad than Rachel realizes.

This story does take place in the "Jonesy" universe, but it takes place 5 or 6 years prior to the events in " " and " ".

I hope you enjoy playing chapter 1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me feedback! I want to know if you all are as excited about this story as I am!

Hit me up on and let me know what you think. Or, if you do enjoy it and want to help support my work, feel free to do so on or , it's greatly appreciated.

And, as always, thanks for all your support and interest in my games.

~ Jonesy

Kelerm

Feb 15, 2018
View attachment 3275480

Siren Song

OK, folks, this is it!

I've been working on this game in one way or another since before I started making "Christmas Eve". This is the story I originally wanted to make when I decided to try creating AVN's, but my skills weren't up to the task, so I started with "Christmas Eve" instead. I'm not saying I'm any sort of "master" at this point by any means, but I'd settle for "adequate" maybe?

OK, so, see that cute girl up there? That is Charlotte Cooper, or "Charlie" for short (all of her names can be changed in-game). She is a fun-loving, impetuous young lady who enjoys sunbathing, posting things to Instacam, and streaming herself playing video games on Switch. She was looking forward to spending her summer basking in the sun on the beach with her two besties, Kim and Sabrina. That was until her mom, Rachel, had to leave to go overseas for work, leaving Charlotte with no one to look after her.

Charlie's impulsiveness has gotten her and her friends into trouble in the past, making it difficult for Rachel to trust her being left home alone for months on end. Charlotte, who will be turning 18 in just a few days would beg to differ.

Enter Bobby (MC), Charlotte's father and Rachel's estranged husband (name can be changed). Bobby is a singer/songwriter. He has been playing music most of his adult life, but has only enjoyed modest success. This way of life has kept him out of the picture for years, causing Charlotte to feel somewhat detached and resentful.

He started out playing guitar in punk rock bands. He toured the country with them a few times, put out a few records, and had a lot of fun, but he really found his true love when he picked up an acoustic guitar and went solo. Over the years he has put out a few albums and toured the world with many other bands. Although he never made it "big", he is considered by some to be one the great influences of folk-rock. Charlotte is oblivious to all of this, so when she is forced to go on tour with Bobby for the summer, she is less than thrilled. The idea of being cooped up in a van with her dad is pretty yucky.

It will be up to Bobby to win back Charlotte's affections and show her how much fun traveling and playing music can be. Lucky for him, Charlotte is a little more like her dad than Rachel realizes.

This story does take place in the "Jonesy" universe, but it takes place 5 or 6 years prior to the events in " " and " ".

I hope you enjoy playing chapter 1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me feedback! I want to know if you all are as excited about this story as I am!

Hit me up on and let me know what you think. Or, if you do enjoy it and want to help support my work, feel free to do so on or , it's greatly appreciated.

And, as always, thanks for all your support and interest in my games.

~ Jonesy

I gonna test that, but did you stop New Year's Day(e) ?

mudkipz

Aug 15, 2017
Story is getting very interesting. Maybe add an extreme patch in the future (after chapter 7) for those that might want to see the camcorder video illustrated?

ThaBoooB

Jun 24, 2023
The dev is aware that rape is bannable offense on Patreon, right?
View attachment 3276701
Also doing some window shopping and was reading around about 'wholesome relationships' and now there is gang rape, exhibitionism and other whoreish behavior, not exactly what one would call wholesome...
Did you even play it?
The gang rape you are inferring to. Take place of camera as a girl watches a recording of it. So you only see her face as she is becoming horrified by what she is watching. If you don't want to read what is being said on the tape, you can simply click through it.
Not sure how strict Patreon is on rape, But I doubt that rape as a subject is bannable. More glorifying or showing probably.

I'm not sure what exhibitionism you are referring too. Or how that is whorish behavior. It's a kink to want to expose your self. And gang rape is not whorish either, that is just evil and wrong.
Just having an account on this site is way more "whorish", so you should prob delete your account if you are that judgmental of others :p

And the relationships the MC has with his daughters and other LI are very sweet and wholesome. And he would do anything to keep them happy. Now, this is a ADULT Visual Novel. So some consensual kinky sex is bound to happen. :)

Last edited:

Mibera

Dec 6, 2023
Did you even play it?
The gang rape you are inferring to. Take place of camera as a girl watches a recording of it. So you only see her face as she is becoming horrified by what she is watching. If you don't want to read what is being said on the tape, you can simply click through it.
Not sure how strict Patreon is on rape, But I doubt that rape as a subject is bannable. More glorifying or showing probably.

I'm not sure what exhibitionism you are referring too. Or how that is whorish behavior. It's a kink to want to expose your self. And gang rape is not whorish either, that is just evil and wrong.
Just having an account on this site is way more "whorish", so you should prob delete your account if you are that judgmental of others :p

And the relationships the MC has with his daughters and other LI are very sweet and wholesome. And he would do anything to keep them happy. Now, this is a ADULT Visual Novel. So some consensual kinky sex is bound to happen. :)
hey, you can test your theory on that. Just report the content for the depiction of rape and let the patreon support decide, then come back and tell us how it went.

• Haha
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
Did you even play it?
Not sure what it is about this game that has riled up so many babies on here. Some of these complaints even come off as these people haven't even played the game and are just hearing second hand information. First it was the stepcest/incest argument and now this. If you don't like the game that's fine but it's a tad ridiculous to be up in arms about a video we don't even see happen. All except for one image to confirm to the audience who the victim was and how it relates to the story.

*Jonesy*

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
If anyone wants to discuss this game or any other game of mine, I invite you to do so over on my . I will be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding past or future content, the reasons I chose to include the things that I have in my stories, or anything else you might want to know so long as we do so in the appropriate channels.

I appreciate everyone's heartfelt enthusiasm and opinions regarding my games. I feel as though you must enjoy at least some aspect of them very much to be this emotionally attached to them and/or the characters within them, and I take that as a compliment, so thank you. I look forward to our future conversations.

ThaBoooB

Jun 24, 2023
If anyone wants to discuss this game or any other game of mine, I invite you to do so over on my . I will be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding past or future content, the reasons I chose to include the things that I have in my stories, or anything else you might want to know so long as we do so in the appropriate channels.

I appreciate everyone's heartfelt enthusiasm and opinions regarding my games. I feel as though you must enjoy at least some aspect of them very much to be this emotionally attached to them and/or the characters within them, and I take that as a compliment, so thank you. I look forward to our future conversations.
Ok Jonsey, since you asked so nicely ^^
I will stop giving you praise you all over the lewd forums of the internet, and lurk your discord instead. XD
Been considering it for a while now anyway ;P

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Did you even play it?
Did you even read my post? :Kappa:
doing some window shopping and was reading around about 'wholesome relationships' and now there is gang rape, exhibitionism and other whoreish behavior, not exactly what one would call wholesome...
Its clear that I didn't play it yet, my post was referencing me following previous discussions and screenshots in the thread.
They say glorifying is prohibited, survivor stories are ok, but I doubt that they will let slide lets say a flashback of the rape no matter how its used narratively. In the case of just text, I honestly don't know, I am not aware of novels and stories of that nature on Patreon, so we can have a precedent to compare it to, so I guess it depends on who is reviewing the material and how lenient they are.

Imo, transcript of what they are saying in the video + image of the act can still be interpreted as problematic, so its same case as some incest VNs, they are ok until multiple people reports them, then they stop being ok.
I'm not sure what exhibitionism you are referring too. Or how that is whorish behavior. It's a kink to want to expose your self.
Just some wholesome and romantic exposing themselves to the pizza delivery guy. :rolleyes: Who wouldn't want their wholesome loving girlfriends doing that, am I right? I swear the Onlyfans age has ruined peoples perception of reality.
Not sure what it is about this game that has riled up so many babies on here. Some of these complaints even come off as these people haven't even played the game and are just hearing second hand information. First it was the stepcest/incest argument and now this. If you don't like the game that's fine but it's a tad ridiculous to be up in arms about a video we don't even see happen. All except for one image to confirm to the audience who the victim was and how it relates to the story.
Most are complaining about the tonal change between first game, 1st chapter of this one and the last 2 chapters. If the players were conditioned to expect from the dev a romantic, wholesome slice of life and now they have to deal with, allegedly, a fuckfest where everyone is climbing everyone like a CW Show on crack and tired cliche rape-backstory drama, of course they are complaining.
I would expect mature people such as yourself to get it, or ignore it, if you do not share the same concerns and issues with where the plot is heading as the other babies.

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
Did you even read my post? :Kappa:

Most are complaining about the tonal change between first game, 1st chapter of this one and the last 2 chapters. If the players were conditioned to expect from the dev a romantic, wholesome slice of life and now they have to deal with, allegedly, a fuckfest where everyone is climbing everyone like a CW Show on crack and tired cliche rape-backstory drama, of course they are complaining.
I would expect mature people such as yourself to get it, or ignore it, if you do not share the same concerns and issues with where the plot is heading as the other babies.
The whole tonal shift is because the first game is almost exclusively in a cabin and then their home when they return. I just think the claims about it being graphic and you even mentioning rape being allowed on Patreon as absurd given the way it was done. We see one image of the girl to know it's a character in the story. It's not a tired cliche when it's a very real thing and adds context to a much hated character in the story. He's had multiple reviews even bashing his game because of the rape like it's a common thing in the game and it's clearly not.

People are just being overly dramatic and considering some of the other games on here being a bit too harsh on their critiques with this one.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The whole tonal shift is because the first game is almost exclusively in a cabin and then their home when they return. I just think the claims about it being graphic and you even mentioning rape being allowed on Patreon as absurd given the way it was done. We see one image of the girl to know it's a character in the story. It's not a tired cliche when it's a very real thing and adds context to a much hated character in the story. He's had multiple reviews even bashing his game because of the rape like it's a common thing in the game and it's clearly not.

People are just being overly dramatic and considering some of the other games on here being a bit too harsh on their critiques with this one.
It absolutely is a tired cliche in this genre. Play some more VNs if you don't believe me, or just search by that tag and count how many of them have the tag applied just for a LI backstory and them come back and tell me its not beyond played out in these type of stories.

The fact that it usually comes in the 3/4 act of most stories, as a twist and almost never is treated with the gravity and care a topic as heavy as that needs doesn't exactly help with people's perception of that tag.

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
It absolutely is a tired cliche in this genre. Play some more VNs if you don't believe me, or just search by that tag and count how many of them have the tag applied just for a LI backstory and them come back and tell me its not beyond played out in these type of stories.
So what tag should I be searching for? Wholesome mixed with gangbang or rape? I have played hundreds of VN's in the past two years and can't recall any. Of course I avoid most NTR, rape and other extreme tags. For this game it is very wholesome and the LI's are sweet and funny. Some people seriously got upset because two of the sweetest characters had sex and they're female (Oh god the horror!). There's quite a few in this thread and some of the reviews were petty at best.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
NewYearsDaye-0.3.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Update (incest and age patch) for all versions:

Here is the remake of my patch that sets ages and removes "step-" relationship.

This version should work with original, not modified script.rpy of all versions.

Of course if new versions would have new or changed dialog lines, this patch wouldn't affect those lines; but it would still work for those lines that remain the same.

It should work also with previous versions (0.2 and the like).

It's based on the patch posted by TomHook:

https://f95zone.to/threads/new-years-day-e-v0-3-0-jonesy.161093/post-12543796

Save "patch.rpy" and put it in "games" folder.

To remove it: remove "patch.rpy" and "patch.rpyc" from "games" folder.

Your old saves might not work with this patch, but it's kinetic, so just skip to the point you need.

Also here is a tiny little mod for better dialogue style (a bit larger text, thick outlines, a wider and transparent textbox). It works well for screens like 16:9 or 16:10. It works for most other Ren'Py games as well. Just save it as "say.rpy" (or whatever) and drop it into "games" folder. To remove it: remove "say.rpy" and "say.rpyc" from "games" folder.
just heads up. new game ver out

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
just heads up. new game ver out
Inspecting 0.3.1 I found a typo (is / should be):
Liv "I don't know what you guys are doing, but it sounds perverted and a maybe a little gross."
Liv "I don't know what you guys are doing, but it sounds perverted and maybe a little gross."
No changes in the patch needed, it works the same with 0.3.1.
And BTW it CAN still be applied to future versions, except that new content would be not "translated", but it wouldn't break the game.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
New Year's Day(e) [v0.3.1] [Jonesy]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes