VN Ren'Py New Year's Day(e) [Ch. 4 v0.4.1] [Jonesy]

3.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Nobre

Mar 12, 2022
Apart from the ending, which I didn't like, the lesbian incest part was very good. I'm already looking forward to the next update and more whoring.:):)

SacredDark

Dec 30, 2020
Wish there was something to prepare me for the ending of this update..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Same! My heartbeat went off the chart, when i go throught that DARK part of the update.
Am I missing something here? Because, I'm having a hard time guessing this:

I really hope Dev doesn't butcher and hurt my babies Eve, Daye, Liv & Kay, in the future updates.
But apart from all that the game has got the potential to thrive.

Reactions: *Jonesy*

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I added the age choice to the "no-step" patch posted by TomHook. (The age choice script above didn't have the "no-step" corrections).

So THIS IS THE ULTIMATE incest and age patch for v.0.1. UPDATED: v.0.3

It's really not necessary, as there are just 3 phrases saying (1) "stepdad", (2) Eve is 20, (3) Daye is 18 - at the start of the game. But just in case...

Save it as "script.rpy" and replace the original "script.rpy" in "games" folder. (First make a backup of the original file just in case).

Also here is a tiny little mod for better dialogue style (a bit larger text, thick outlines, a wider and transparent textbox). It works well for screens like 16:9 or 16:10. It works for most other Ren'Py games as well. Just save it as "say.rpy" (or whatever) and drop it into "games" folder. To remove it: remove "say.rpy" and "say.rpyc" from "games" folder.
Cheers, now it's playable.

edit: Just read the recent comments... Guess I should avoid lmao.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Same! My heartbeat went off the chart, when i go throught that DARK part of the update.

I really hope Dev doesn't butcher and hurt my babies Eve, Daye, Liv & Kay, in the future updates.
Pretty sure the camera was from the first game. I think Eve found it in the house and took it with them.

Like that other series, I hope this one doesn't give a great first game and then go completely off the rails in the second. I'd like to help Portia get either justice or revenge, but I hope she doesn't become an LI, or at least is avoidable if she does.

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022

I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I know that ending is tough to read. I mentioned it in my Devlog on itch.

The answers to your first 2 questions are in the game "Christmas Eve".

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Pretty sure the camera was from the first game. I think Eve found it in the house and took it with them.

Like that other series, I hope this one doesn't give a great first game and then go completely off the rails in the second. I'd like to help Portia get either justice or revenge, but I hope she doesn't become an LI, or at least is avoidable if she does.
Bruh...

They already went there...

The next step is smaller now :|

Save yourself the drain on your sanity if you don't like where it is going.

Its insane to me that a dev makes a first good game with a heavy focus on incest and then later sabotages his own game with this stepcest shit.
Read the other comments man... stepcest is the least of your concerns with this last update :HideThePain: (Old man gangrape)

varforinte

Aug 3, 2021
Bruh...

They already went there...

The next step is smaller now :|

Save yourself the drain on your sanity if you don't like where it is going.

Read the other comments man... stepcest is the least of your concerns with this last update :HideThePain: (Old man gangrape)
What do you mean they already went there?
Beacuse it took a dark turn?

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
What do you mean they already went there?
Beacuse it took a dark turn?
Because that backstory was even written that way... hence going there.

It's much easier to write more now, since it is already introduced in some capacity being the point.

What other purpose does it truly serve? ask yourself, why is that even there? and better yet, Where will it take the story? what's the purpose of this foreshadowing?

Sure it isn't on an LI... yet, (whether it be added in another backstory later, or that char becomes an LI later).

Content like that isn't a Once and done, it leads somewhere.
My point is basically, if you hated it that much, you probably won't like where it leads.

Strykker

Dec 30, 2021
I’m sad about the turn this game take after a very wholesome first game. Thanks to the discussion and the recent review about how the relationship with the titular LI ‘happened’ together with the dark turn everyone mentioned, I guess the first game is enough for me.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I just started the game and thought it was good.
I liked the Stephen King reference at the start. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: *Jonesy*

varforinte

Aug 3, 2021
Because that backstory was even written that way... hence going there.

It's much easier to write more now, since it is already introduced in some capacity being the point.

What other purpose does it truly serve? ask yourself, why is that even there? and better yet, Where will it take the story? what's the purpose of this foreshadowing?

Sure it isn't on an LI... yet, (whether it be added in another backstory later, or that char becomes an LI later).

Content like that isn't a Once and done, it leads somewhere.
My point is basically, if you hated it that much, you probably won't like where it leads.

Ahh I fully understand what you mean now. Thanks for the lenghy explanation!

Atleast I'm definetly not hoping for that kind of content to be added in the future.

Felt sick when I went through the end.

I'm taking it as a one off and if it continues I'm not going to keep playing the game. Even though it would be disappointing as I really enjoyed it.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
I think I will hold off on downloading this again until a few updates pass and I can speed past this part. Kaylee's mother was enough for me. But if this is how the story is going to go, with brief interludes of gross trauma like thumbtacks in the carpet, I may have to bail.

Fapmaister

Dec 17, 2019
so it went from incest to step incest (if it even counts as step?
nice way to destroy your own game.

the girls are not even a litte bit related to MC :FacePalm:

FryisWiggles

Formerly 'IAMkyle'
Oct 15, 2017
How does someone that makes a game called "new years day" release an update less than a week before new years

3.30 star(s) 14 Votes