VN Ren'Py New Antioch [Development Thread] [Released]

TheRedMyst

Game Developer
May 9, 2023
Hi everyone!

Long time player and first time developer here. I'm excited to share with you all my first ever project, and get your thoughts!
It took me around 4-5 months to get to this point, having had zero experience with Ren'Py and Daz, but it was a lot of fun learning.
I'm aiming to fully release episode 1 in a few weeks or less.

Anyway, let me set the scene for you...

banner-2.png

Overview

New Antioch is an adult visual novel set in a post-apocalyptic world, millenia after an ancient, civilisation-ending conflict. Mankind has regressed into another feudal age and, amid cutthroat politics, war without end, and a mysterious reproductive crisis, is on the long road to extinction.

You are Mateo (or a name of your choice); a feared enforcer in the service of a modest, yet influential mining province. You are the one they send out to confront their enemies, and send in when their pickaxes clink against...the unexpected. After injustice strikes, you are tasked in anger and desperation to infiltrate New Antioch--the capital city and crown jewel of your overlords--and see to its downfall.

In this original story, you'll come across unique factions, places, people, and stories, that contain romance, violence (incl. blood), and adult content.

You will decide the fate of New Antioch.
You will delve into dungeons thought lost to time.
You will discover who, or what you really are.

The world of New Antioch is low fantasy, and will have both its light-hearted and serious, emotional moments. My vision is to create an adult experience that:
1. Is, above all else, engaging;
2. Has a healthy balance of drama, action, and humor; and
3. Has adult content that organically fits into the story (more on this below).
It will to some degree be a male power fantasy (but don't worry, our main character isn't perfect, and he'll have his own arc.)

Gameplay

New Antioch will be a classic visual novel (i.e., mostly clicking forward), but I wanted to sneak in a little bit of fun as well.

1. I'm a huge fan of the dialogue challenge system in the modern Deus Ex games, and will try to incorporate that into this game with key characters.
2. There will be a relationship system with non-harem NPCs that will affect the direction their story goes (your choices with them will affect this).
3. (Not gameplay per se) There is a D&D-like game called Magic & Manticores in-universe that the characters will sometimes play. These act as fun mini-stories.
I have a few ideas for more stuff to add, but that'll have to wait for a future episode!

In terms of the good stuff, this will be kind of a slow burner (i.e., first two episodes won't have much sex), but will heat up quite fast. The main fetishes catered to will be netori, harem, maledom, cock/ball worship, and things of that nature. Content such as netorare/rase will not be included, and neither will anything that violates Patreon's Terms of Service.

Episode 1
Episode 1 "Water and Blood" will have ~13,500 words of dialogue and ~650 renders.
It serves as the prologue, and will introduce you to two of the planned six love interests, and a host of other important characters.
Have a look at the preview pics! For the record, the main character is the dude walking away in the purple pic.

e01-preview-n02.png e01-preview-n03.png e01-preview-n09.png e01-preview-n11.png e01-preview-n16.png e01-preview-n06.png e01-preview-n17.png

Thanks for having a read guys. I hope to see you again in a few weeks when episode 1 is released!
Since this is my first ever post, I'm not allowed to post links yet. But once I am, I'll put them here. :)

TheRedMyst

Game Developer
May 9, 2023
Here be the links:

Episode 1 will be released for everyone, on f95 and Patreon, on May 23.

Last edited: