• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Completed - Never Meet Your Heroes [v2023-11-13 v2] [ITK]

1. 1.00 star(s)

jazz154

It's about as terrible as prequel "Master of the Earth: Reborn".

It is just linear game (there are like... 2 choices that somewhat matter? 1. Is if you side with giant in hiding, which already sounds ridiculous... but it's clear what you were meant to choose because if you don't side with her then that story gets locked. 2. Is at the very end if you go back or not. If you don't stay then you get thrown to main menu, but regardless of your choice you get played the same cutscene where MC goes back. Rest are of nature "do you want to see extra scene?" or you choose wrong, try again) put into sandbox to make you waste you time again. I guess, from now on, ITK/IndianaTK will always be associated with poor writing and shitty gameplay in my mind.

Nonsensical plot with so many holes that it's not even funny, stupid main character... on second thought everyone in this game had room temperature IQ. That's only way how plot like that was even possible.

Lack of care about game itself. From the very character creation where you get to distribute stats that few minutes later you can see that some of them don't even exist.
    To being able to trigger events out of sequence, janky animations and voice overs with no subtitles.

If I had anything positive to say about it, then it would be.... That renders are kinda okay?
    It also made me smile when I realized that author sucks at math.
    1 times x will always be x. It will never be greater than x. So it was funny to see 1 times Earth gravity being presented as something greater than normal one.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

sheep136

I like sandbox games, so I actually enjoyed playing the game for a while at the beginning. It falls apart a bit beyond that though. It genuinely feels like their should be more content here for more characters and this game isn't complete. Some of the girls I was actually interested in got zero scenes. Also, this is more of a general gripe with a lot of games, but if a girl doesn't have abnormally giant breasts she doesn't need to keep her shirt on for the entire sex scene. As someone that likes breasts and doesn't like giant oversized breasts this annoys me every single time a game does it.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

demonslender

animation is good in this game. now that i've said the only good thing i can say about this, time for the proper review.

tldr at the bottom.

so many gigabytes, and so little content. in game gallery is total crap since it only shows a portion of the total number of scenes, you only get to fuck with a 1/3 of the females in the game and most of them aren't repeatable scenes, you can't even have sex with the first girl you're introduced to, in fact she has a total of 0 scenes, some characters only give you at best a bj or a titfuck for all the grinding they make you do for it, the arguably worst girl is a one time nonrepeatable sex scene that cost $10k, one of the heroes gets killed before you even get a chance to see her naked tits. if i list out the number of girls that have 0 scenes or that your only sexual interaction with them is basically just foreplay and the number of girls that have actual penetration, the number is overwhelmingly in favor of the former.

honestly there is no reason why named characters that are important to the story have 0 scenes while 3 prostitutes who don't even matter at all each have a minimum of 3 different sex positions.

after checking the image files (and no i didn't unload anything because it's all just there), this is much worse than i thought, there is what i assume to be cut content and a number of scenes in multiple folders which is what is hyperinflating the amount of gigs actually in this game. there are mpg and webm versions of a number of videos. too many to count in the over 900 video files.

tlder: good animation with an okay story but disappointingly lacking scenes with a vast majority of the girls introduced. also a serious issue with duplicate video files.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

harem.king

This game is a standalone semi-sequel to master of the earth reborn.
    You are the MC from the first game teleported to an alt world controlled by women where all men are slaves.
    And as such nothing in the previous game actually matters.
    You even don't have your magic powers anymore... or personality really. What was the point fo making this a sequel at all?

The plot is really rough and a bit nonsensical. There is a core of good idea but the execution just feels off.
    There are parts you need to infer because they are not shown, dialogs that are stilted and awkward, pacing is all over the place, timeskips that are not clearly communicated, etc.

You get picked up by local freedom fighters who help you get a fake ID, volunteer for augmentation procedure that they didn't expect you to survive but miraculously you did so you got super powers now.

The game makes excessive use of videos. Including videos of a slideshow (that is, still picture with text showing for a few seconds before moving on to the next still picture with text). This horribly inflates the game's size while breaking all the good quality of life features of renpy that let you do things like adjust the text speed, scrollback, fast forward, read at your own pace, etc.

Some parts have voice over instructions. These sections DO NOT have any subtitles to go with them.
    So you are forced to play with the sound on / headphones.
    UI is bad.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

l3LUE_SKULL

Oh Boy, oh boy where should I start,...

Ok let´s get straight to it, Why is my Rating 1Star Terrible.

The Story Starts that our MC is Born in a World full of Magic, he lives trough his live to a certain Age but gets than Teleported to another World full of Super Heros, he wakes up in a Room where looks at a Window with a Huge Giant Women outside who wants to eat the MC, this is where we are Starting the Game, also this was a 3 Minute Long Animation ( my thoughts about that in the ``The Not So Good`` Section)

This is where we get to Choose our ability, are we Strength Based, do we have Magic or do we Speak a Other Language and so on, then we get to choose our Stats and find out there is Voice over, you can Silence it but the Whole Game has no Subtitels for tose Voice Overs, oh God bless those aren't over the Sex Scenes, (but again you need to activate the Sound at least a little bit to understand the Functions,)

After that we meet our 2 Ladys Selina and the Haura, and get fast introduced in the World, we found out that Men are Slaves in this World, and get instantly called Slave, but for whatever reason they believed us after we Speaked up to them that we are from another World where this isn´t a normal thing that Men are Slaves,...

They believe us,...

Haura is Mention the Multiverse Theory but never again,
    well whatever,

With this Our Story begins Finally, well not completely,
    We learn that we need a Special Slave Free Pass to Travel around the City for this we need 4 Stamps, 2 of them we get instantly from Selina and Haura, the 3rd from a Coffee Business and the 4th from the School,

We also get introduced in the Whole UI at this Point, the Very Very Very Bad UI:
    A Sleep button, that let you sleep.
    A Time Button, that works here and there and sometimes Skips a whole Time Zone.
    A few Non active Overlays that tell you how strong and so on You are.
    And a very Useless Telephone that isn´t able to tell you the right Mission to to right time, and also isn't updating at all,...

We also get to see our first Real Hero but not the Marvel Kind the Boys Kind of Heros, Bloody and Devil Like Heros that kill Innocent People just for Fun,

Shortly after that we also get introduced into our future Super Suit, Selina gets than Kidnaped and we need to save her, this is where we use our Super Suit and fight against a other Hero, But remember those Special Word to Gear up this Suit ,... ehm,... what was it again... Zah,... Zoh, Ahn,... ehhh yeah you need to remember a Small 3 letter Word for the Whole Game that you need just about 4-5 times, I did look it up every Time,...

So is now the Story Starting: Yes,
    Do I care to tell you everything afterward: No
    Why: Because I skipped it, everything, Because the Story did get so unbelievable Wanky at Times, I really wasn´t interested at all,...

Now a few Good and Bad Things:

The Good:
    The Game itself has a good Base to Start. the Animations are Solid (a few). and overall it looks and performs Really Good,

The Not So Good:
    The God damn Animation Again, this was a Pain, not only to watch but also fact there is so much wrong with it, the Characters Feeling Stiff, showing no emotions most of the Time, also sometimes you can clearly see the Animator took his own Mouse to move up and down the Camera, and not only does its feel bad but also isn´t good to look at, you can skip it but get everything lost that is in it, the Scenes itself on the Characters are good but than the UI is again a Problem, :cautious: .

The Story,
    Started good even with this weird Stiff 1st Animation ,did get so unbelievable Wanky at Times and started to feel bad to worst the More I played it, it took me near 12 Hours for a full playthrough, where 3 hours alone where just Grinding to get Stronger, only to be still to weak to fight mayor Enemy's so I cheated with Shift+O it was so much faster and also Easier but still took 9 Hours, a Pain,...

In the End I wasn´t able to 100% the Game, not because I Cheated more so for this UI, Your Character get this Telephone that is absolut Useless, where you can see the Overall Missions but those aren´t regulary Updating itself, so even when you finished the Game or Mission there isn't a single hint or update on your Phone,...

The Absolute Terrible:
    The UI, a bigger Problem and a Pain to play than the Whole Animation, and Story together,
    The UI just Sucks, I´m Sorry but there is so much wrong with it,...

The UI Starts so Bad with the Time-Zone Button, that woks here and there sometimes it Skips a whole day and some times it just Switches normal from Afternoon to Evening,
    You cant activate Subtitles for the Voice over Stuff,
    You don´t have an Inventory only in the Battle Scenes, so you can´t look inside what you all ready have,
    You have a Useless Phone, where you can´t call anyone, only views the actual Missions, that don´t update or give you a Hint,
    Every time you Travel you get Reset´ed instantly to your Home even if you Switched Areas, but also not every time, sometimes you Stay, this is sooo Wanky

Sooo that´s the End:
    I really wood like to say Better Stuff, I mean the Animations where made with VAM Models (I think), with full on Physics what you can see in a few of the Sex scenes,
    But overall, with all those Weird UI Suff, the Grind, a Boring Story, and overall not good Animations and also Stiff Emotionless Characters, Im Over with it,

Will not play Again and can´t recommend it
  6. 4.00 star(s)

BabayMonsta

Its a short game. Took me about 7-8 hours to finish. But if you know what you have to do you will finish it in 5h tops.
    Everything is animated. The characters even have idle animations. This explains the file size even if the game is short.

All in all the game is pretty good. But there is a reason i cant give it a 5 Star rating and its the endings of every story line.

It feels broken of. As if the dev ran out of time and didnt have time to make proper endings. You cant interact with characters after the story is over. Some have a repeading sex scene which is something i guess but thats it.
    The gym girl is a total letdown i dont even know why she exists. And the main story ending was very disappointing. No one reacts no matter what ending you choose. You have a game full of idle animations and you couldnt make like 4 scenes for each ending? Have some characters react to your choice after the ending?

Like i said the game is fun. I'll recommend it to people. But man was that ending a bummer.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

spamscript

Renders are just ok. The game has a open world system, but is not structured well enough for the gameplay to feel natural. I'm not a super big fan of the story as well.

Played for 4 hours, didn't finish.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Karl Speidel

This game is on a whole different level that most games on this site,for one the dev of this game released the game FULLY no kickstarter BS to milk or scam players,this combined with fact number 2 that he released overnight a 15 GB GAME without going through the usually slow method that usually lead tothe game being abandoned is just WOW a fucking premiere! Thirdly the game is pretty solid on art and generally on the plot.

There are so features that could be improved on for a patch or maybe a sequel,combat didnt feel enjoyable to me,dialogue is lacking in most areas,skills arent that important,some aspects of the plot arent correctly used like males are slaves in this city but we dont really see that,its mostly relaxed or close to being abolished or something,more like women hold disproportionate power not that males are slaves. Proportions on many women arent exactly my favorite. I didnt exactly get if crafting and other mechanics actually play a important role,so far I'd say no.

Art and scenes are great,dialogue on some parts is pretty good,plot is overall great with its ups and downs,lots of characters,music is ok-ish. Femdom elements though its not full femdom neither full maledom so its a bit confusing but it works.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Pepegorino

Not perfect but the animation and just pure amount of content makes this one of the better games on this site, if everything functioned as it was intended it would probably be up there with BaD.. but it is quite buggy and needed a little longer in the oven
  10. 2.00 star(s)

rickdavidson5

"The Girls"
    TLDR:
    Good concept not a great execution. I hope these devs will try again after learning lessons
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Played Version : Final
    Play Time: 4hrs 35min
    Finished: no
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    The Good:
    • Great models
    • great animation
    • cinimatic

The Bad:
    • awkward progression
    • quests aren't chronological
    • protag is shit
    • weak story
    • no inventory
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    thoughts
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Listen I think the idea is amazing but the execution was a bit of a flop. the opening of a game is crucial and its a slow burn. for me I was willing to grind it out and sit through the jank but after I got partly through the Dia quest all of a sudden I was able to view a shit tone of scenes that made no sense and thats not a huge issue but its more of a straw the broke the camels back thing.

This game is very cinematic I almost think they would have been better to use another engine. the renders are great I just think they need to work on their writing and clean up their game design.
    I would love to see what they do next
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Hirshum23

Played the game and enjoyed my time. I give the game 3.5 stars. Mainly because of some of the quest problems I experienced in the game. The mansion quest line was either never completed or the game bugged out and never let me complete it. And the hints are pretty bad at what to do to unlock the next part of the quest line. My character has 130 intelligence but for whatever reason the hint for that quest line still suggests I get 30 intelligence. I'm at the pare where you are about to challenge the other slave to something and once you win your reward is, you guessed it, to fuck someone, but even though I've met all the prerequisites the game refuses to let me start the challenge. I've searched every location on the weekends thinking the mansion may not be the starting point for that quest and nothing.

Pro: Love the art, the girls, and the story is pretty decent too. You can make choices in the game that help shape the ending plus one big choice at the end.

Cons: Problems completing quests. Hints are garbage, no way to see sex scenes again if it is not already built-in with a character's interactions. No scene gallery, Never get to fuck cat girl vigilante even though you work with her a lot. Some contradictions, like heroes, lose their powers temporarily when you say their name but later in the story one of the supers is still somehow super in spite of you saying her name or having the ability to say her name. MC's character's look is not to my liking. I think it would have been nice to have that slave mechanic you get with Frost, and with other heroes you defeat, but that is just a personal preference. The character is never healed at the end of the story. There is more the author could have done with the side stories to make them feel more important in the end.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

objector

This games is not perfect but it genuinly deserves a better rating. I enjoyed playing it and liked the models alot. Also the story/world was nice and fun. The grind was not to hard. I encountered just a few bugs which does not bothered me much.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

tarzan123

I genuinelly tried to play this and like it. But the business "quest" was the last straw. The protagonist actually made me quit playing. Why is a literal god, that can snap any of the characters in the story in half with a finger, a spineless retard. The mansion quest was the same, why would he ever let her treat him like a thing and even threaten him with death? She has no way to even hurt him. Same with the paradise quest, where she at first wants him to treat her like a pet and then doms him with a handjob.

What is going on. If this was some femdom sim I would never even download it, but it's not "advertised" as something like that. The protagonist's setting made it, in my eyes, completely impossible to stomach this form of "emasculation", it just doesn't make any sort of sense for him to be like that, yes the world around him is supposed to be female dominated, but then why make him a literal indestructable force of nature right at the beginning, if it was supposed to be a CBT femdom sim? My poor, fragile man-ego just can't handle this, I guess. In the random encounters with the heroes and members of the gangs it's pure maledom... The only reason for all of this I can think of is, that I am extremely not the target audience, and that the author wasn't exactly sure about the main undertone this game was supposed to have. I feel that if you split it this much, you won't please either side, but hey, who am I to tell someone who actually made something how to do it "better".

The animations are good, the body shapes are different, which is great! I mean it, I love the fact that the female bodies actually belong to different women. Not just a copy and pasted crap. But unfortunately all of that gets completely destroyed, for me, by the protagonist that I am supposed to "insert" as.

Bugs(supposedly fixed in the steam version). Grind(?), I don't really mind that too much. Some slightly "useless" systems.

Can't recommend it to anyone who hates being stepped on, but on the other hand, I can't really recommend it to anyone who likes it, because it's just so...split. In a completely nonsensical way as well.

Best of luck author, don't take me too seriously, in the end, I am just a random on a pirate porn games forum.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Jnx

English: 7/10
    User Interface: 3/10
    User Experience: 4/10
    Art: 4/10
    Dialogue: 2/10
    Story: 2/10
    Opinion: 4/10
    ------------------------------
    Avg: 3.71/10 [2/5]

This is technically the second sequel to this devs line of games about an MC that is transported to another world for no reason and has sex with people. The end. I'm not kidding. It was said earlier this is just The Boys mixed with "Gender roles are reversed." The grind is terrible. The dialogue is a nothing burger. The art is janky, the camera work looks like it was done with an xbox controller, the animations are jittery, and it looks like there's no antialiasing or there's a bunch of artifacting. The UI is an old version of RenPy and the UX is terrible. None of the interface is cohesive, you have minimalist icons, hidef icons, three different fonts, and a mishmash of colors. I do not understand how so much effort can go into something to be this broken and janky. The time system does not tell you what time it is. It'll say "Morning" but everything is closed except the club, or vise versa. What you need to do half the time is a mystery because the main story and side missions, that you can do simultaneously, are actually different points in time. You can only access certain features at home for no reason other than it would have been extra work to display stats and the non function hint screen on the map. The only way to get information about heroes is spamming the subway and hoping you get a random event. Even then you need to hop your skills can beat the gang member. And one of the heroes you can't even learn the name of. On top of esoteric questlines that are barely more than "Grind for a certain stat then do this fetch quest."

Outside of the amount of content, that you have to endlessly grind for, I can't think of a redeeming quality about this game. This is not "It's their first game and they should be coddled and babied because they tried their hardest." This is a sequel of a sequel, a FULL RELEASE that is on steam. I will say it's nice to see someone work on a whole game before releasing it, in this patreon hellscape we exist in. But this one really should have been cooked longer. And after you finish a questline you can't even repeat events with anyone aside from Frost and Knowledge. But they're prisoners that MC is sexually assaulting so it's not my thing. And the dialogue is all "The supes are evil." and the sex talk is "Wow this feels weird." "I know, I'm good. I'm cumming. kbye." None of it is engaging. This is my shortest review in a long while and its because every aspect of this game is effort put into the wrong parts of a game. Stat grinding, day/night cycle, turn based fights, one note characters, cutscenes with embedded dialogue and no subtitles, over the top animations that you can't skip(until you're fed up and turn on skip all), and an uninspired story.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

chadp

My first review and I don't wanna be a **** but I can really can't recommend playing the game.

It's not exactly god awful but the animations are fairly meh and everything else is equally meh. That's being quite nice

It's fairly big the game, it takes up 15 gigabytes, but none of that space is spend on anything good in my opinion. It feels a little mean to write this as it is clear that the game has taken quite a lot of time to make, but it's not worth consuming sadly.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

SheHump

Solid & Sexy Kinetic Visual Novel.

Ok, I see a lot of negativity. Let's look at the positive:

Merits:

Very Well done art. No lazy static images. Animations are spot on!!!

I like the minigames & being One Punch Man after some moderate grinding.

The World Building is intriguing like an Iceberg. 90% is beneath a rather stormy ocean surface. Boy is it dark & grim...

The characters are deep, complex & well drawn. They're not all likable but they are interesting.

The sex is varied & molten hot. I love the buxom, thick women!!! Super Milfs!!!

Flaws:

The passage of time is a bit abstract. Some of the quests are hard to follow & I was left unsure of what to do next.

I wish there was a starting guide/character build hints.

Also, some much needed QoL improvements would be Inventory Screen. Larger Level Number Font. I had trouble finding it.

There were a few crashes & the crafting is poorly explained.

There are Giantesses, but you don't get to boink them. :cry:

In Conclusion, I've enjoyed my time with this game. It's buggy in places & the first 4 hours are a slog. That said, once the main quest heats up things get rolling. I recommend this game if you want something challenging & different. (y)
  17. 3.00 star(s)

SuccubusLover69

Good game, good anims. But most girl variety is muscular. Would have loved to see more varieties.
    Also, in a world full of oppresive females, there is no femdom scene, which is a bummer.

There is missing content thats only available in patreon version.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

blackdeath3248

A few pluses and Minuses but over all a game game .... Needs a guide and the phone needs a upgrade to list all missions not just a few like it does... the phones as is only lists 3/4 of all missions that leaves 1/4 for the player or players to find for them self... case in point the gym or the coffee shop do have missions but it doesn't show up in the phone...
  19. 3.00 star(s)

ReturnoftheFly

I played through most of the previous game (master of the earth reborn) and felt like it flowed more. Honestly, the previous game, my only real beef was no gallery. I almost feel like I'm being trolled playing this game. I just made it through one quest and to somewhat finish a single sex scene, there were like... 5 or 6 in game days that you had to pass to get through it.
    It's weird, as there's so much story here, it's a complete game, the visuals are great, animations are great, but most scenes in non-animated VN's have more to offer than this. I'm not sure what's needed to fix it... A gallery could potentially fix some of these issues though not all. I don't know, I am probably done playing but I will still play your next game, tons of potential, just needs tied together better.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

jimjams24

Really wish i had read reviews before downloading 15gb ...

At first it seems like a cool idea to release a full game at once but the problem is you miss out the testing phases and fixing bugs of each patch. The game is just one giant mess of bugs and glitches. The story seems to be taken from the boys tv show, which could have worked however the dialogue is very poor and the story is all over the place so feels like a cheap ripoff.
    The models are decent looking however the animations are very clunky and shaky at times, kind of looks like they are manually moving the camera?