• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Nevard [v0.2 fix] [Reinn]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Giggling Raven

Good start but like others mentioned, it could have been better. We know nothing about the war that forced MC and his friend relocate or about the world, but I believe that's going to be explained gradually.

I noticed a few grammar mistakes here and there and the text formatting is weird for the message interactions. If possible, I'd recommend rendering a phone just to show those conversations even if we won't be able to interact with it.

It's hinted that there's going to be a harem due to the past memories of MC with the girls but I hope it's not forced if it is true.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

RicksTheBricks

pretty good game. I recommend you give it a shot if you have some time on your hands even though it may be confusing at the start. There's only clarity going forward! I'm sure it'll work itself out so yeah, check out the game, seems really cool so far.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Amonvonbon

Pretty good actually. The description is vague yes and the story attempts to be at first, but it's obvious so far this visual novel is quite willing to start peeling back the layers. The music, lightning and ambient sounds make a great atmosphere, I really enjoy the moment to moment character interactions and so far they each feel pretty unique. (will say riley is a bit boring).

It's been engaging so far, but there's much to explain and discover yet, so I'll be waiting to see if the game delivers. Side note sometimes the English is bad. It's not consistently bad so it won't ever take you out, but the language is spotty here and there. excited for more!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.2

This is kind of a strange start. I feel like potential is here, and I want to like this. But after playing these first two versions it's hard to tell you what this game is about?

First, there's just no real intro. I'm not sure if the game expected me to read the overview (I didn't until after I played) but it doesn't really set up any sort of context or background info before just kind of dropping you in. Sometimes that works for a game, but not here. I felt like I've loaded into someone's early game save rather than starting at the beginning as an analogy. It's weird.

Apparently we were forced to flee our home due to an encroaching war. It was difficult. We went though a lot. Alright cool. Why not show any of that?

I'm pretty sure it's because this game is trying VERY hard to be cryptic and create intrigue, to the point where it's actually a fault in some ways. It's great when games don't tell you everything at once, but here it tells you almost nothing before just throwing you in with all these new characters. I feel like I'm being bashed in the head with how many flashbacks/memories (?) the MC has already had as well. It just means very little to me so early on when I'm not invested enough to start theory crafting.

The dev has clearly spent time world building. I can tell they have things more thought out than other VNs when it comes to the plot and such, and that's nice don't get me wrong. But I think the delivery of it all so far is what's off for me. When the game does start to give you info about the world, it's also throwing info about the strange magic system at the same time. I would have liked to learn about it all more naturally than sitting in a room with a character we barely know dumping it on me.

It's missing fluff really. Every part of this so far feels like it wants to push you forward or give you something new to think about. It's too much too quickly. Slowing things down and expanding characters more before throwing us into the thick of everything would make me enjoy this a lot more. Only one girl has actually stuck with me out of all of them shown (the blind one).

So clearly I have some issues with this, but again I think potential is here. It's not as if I hated what I just played either. I like the character designs, the renders are rather atmospheric, it has sound(!), and again there's clearly some thought being put into the game. It's early, so I'm hoping time does this favors. A cautious 4 stars right now.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Rockero_69

The game looks interesting and intriguing, the characters are good, although they could improve, what I didn't like is Riley's distrust towards the MC (I hope that's not the case in the future and I also think that Aurora is a bad influence on Riley).
    My favorite so far is between Hanna and Maria, although Victoria and the girl at the end could be or maybe it's because he loved the redheads, without any more luck in the game, move on, I didn't abandon it, pls and regards
  6. 5.00 star(s)

soadeths

I almost didn't try this game because there was no precise information about the initial version or the upgrade.
    The description is horrible too!
    I'm really glad I took the plunge, because this is really my kind of story!
    So far we've got a good start to the story that puts us well into the universe, and I think a sort of lexicon would be in order with the thermal baths used here.
    The characters seem really intriguing and interesting for the beginning of the story, I can't wait to find out more about them.
    Graphically I think it's really pretty, so there's nothing to say about that!
    Anyway, even if it's a bit short, I'd recommend giving it a go and I can't wait to find out what happens next!