VN Others Need help unpacking encrypted .xp3

kukuru97

May 31, 2019
i want to translate this game

but when i tried to unpack/extract with AETools i've got error like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

then i look for another unpacker tools and found KAGTool. Successfully unpack but i cannot open the files or the files are encrypted

so, is there a way to decrypt this ?

kukuru97

May 31, 2019
idk the problem is but i hope u can solve it, really want to try this game but dunno japan

yeah, i really want to play this game but can't understand the japanese language so i want to tried to translate atleast choice only, but i can't unpack the data files because it encrypted and i don't know how to decrypt.

Faction3433

Jun 22, 2023
Hey! Did you ever manage to decrypt the file?

Also, if you don't mind answering, how did you get the game to run? The game crash for me whenever I try to start the game with an error of "Cannot convert the variable type ((void) to Object)". I have even tried the game on a fresh install of window 10 but it would always result in the same error.

kukuru97

May 31, 2019
Hey! Did you ever manage to decrypt the file?

Also, if you don't mind answering, how did you get the game to run? The game crash for me whenever I try to start the game with an error of "Cannot convert the variable type ((void) to Object)". I have even tried the game on a fresh install of window 10 but it would always result in the same error.

No, I still haven't managed to decrypt the file.

Try changing the region to Japan.

Faction3433

Jun 22, 2023
No, I still haven't managed to decrypt the file.

Try changing the region to Japan.
Thank you for answering.

I have already tried changing region and using locale emulator but it is not working for some reason. Do you know if there some program I need to install before I can play the game? like visual studio package or something?

kukuru97

May 31, 2019
Thank you for answering.

I have already tried changing region and using locale emulator but it is not working for some reason. Do you know if there some program I need to install before I can play the game? like visual studio package or something?
Still have same error ?

Faction3433

Jun 22, 2023
Still have same error ?

sadly, I still get the same error even when changing both the region and system locale to Japanese. But on the other hand, I manage to get it working on another laptop somehow. Dunno how I solve that. It is my school laptop and I install a lot program so that might solved it. Thanks anyway for following up.

btw sorry for the late reply.

POraw

Dec 26, 2023
i want to translate this game

but when i tried to unpack/extract with AETools i've got error like this

then i look for another unpacker tools and found KAGTool. Successfully unpack but i cannot open the files or the files are encrypted

so, is there a way to decrypt this ?
I also have the same problem as yours regarding file encryption when extracting xp3 files.

Last edited:

POraw

Dec 26, 2023
apparently you can use to extract but you have to play the game if you want to extract the contents of the game.