Need Help Identifying Programs/Skills Needed

Neoave

Aug 23, 2023
I have written out a really cool visual novel that I've adapted from a short story I've been working on for years.

I know i want my models to be anime-like (think HHG, Goddess' Whim, Corrupted Kingdoms, etc)

So these are my questions:

- What did these games use? Renpy? What is Koikatsu, and do I have to buy it? I specifically want my waifus to have this look so I want to find the best way possible.

- When it comes to making models, is Koikatsu the only way? If I want to make waifus like HHG or Goddesses' Whims, what are the best ways? The characters are already created in my head, just need to put them onto models.

- In HHG and Goddesses' Whims, sometimes it isn't a still but an actual animation. What was used to accomplish this?

I just want to be able to create this story that I've been thinking about for so long, and need some guidance and direction. Thanks.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Hello, I will try to help you best as I can. Here goes.

Each genre for each game is as follows:
HHG is an lewd sandbox RPG game.
Goddess whim, is a naughty sandbox RPG game.
Corrupted Kingdoms is a fun strategy and negotiation game.

These games are categorized as follows:
HHG is a lewd sandbox RPG
Goddess whim is a sandbox RPG
Corrupted kingdoms is a strategy and negotiation genre.

Koikatsu is an simulation dating RPG. You either have to buy Koikatsu, or you can get a crack version, preferably buying the game is the most preferred method.

I am not an expert when it comes to making waifus, However there are many tutorials you can google which might be able to help you.

The last question I am unable to answer, although seeing that HHG and Goddess whim are both RPGs they probably use a similar engine, perhaps similarity to that of Koikatsu? I have no expertise in this, sorry.

There is my feedback, hope this helped you.

Neoave

Aug 23, 2023
Hello, I will try to help you best as I can. Here goes.

Each genre for each game is as follows:
HHG is an lewd sandbox RPG game.
Goddess whim, is a naughty sandbox RPG game.
Corrupted Kingdoms is a fun strategy and negotiation game.

These games are categorized as follows:
HHG is a lewd sandbox RPG
Goddess whim is a sandbox RPG
Corrupted kingdoms is a strategy and negotiation genre.

Koikatsu is an simulation dating RPG. You either have to buy Koikatsu, or you can get a crack version, preferably buying the game is the most preferred method.

I am not an expert when it comes to making waifus, However there are many tutorials you can google which might be able to help you.

The last question I am unable to answer, although seeing that HHG and Goddess whim are both RPGs they probably use a similar engine, perhaps similarity to that of Koikatsu? I have no expertise in this, sorry.

There is my feedback, hope this helped you.
Hi!

Okay so a sandbox RPG game.

when I say "make waifus", I have their personalities, occupations, etc. already written out. However, I wanted to turn them into 3d models. I just read somewhere I can use the koikatsu models with renpy to create a VN.

And yes it's really the engine I want to know about. Did they use Koikatsu for assets, and put them all in RenPy? or is it something different entirely?

Jun 15, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/koikatu-repack-rx16-illusion.14554/
I strongly suggest you download this or any "repacks". If you buy it from lets say steam, I think it does not come with the studio.

This is what you need to get started. I don't use koikatu but I use honey select 2 which is also by illusion.

To create characters, you go to the real game and create character.
To create scenes, instead of opening the real game, you open the studio. It opens to a black screen then you need to add a map, and then you add the character that you made in the game.

For animations, it does get a bit tricky. There are inbuilt animations, literally thousands of them with almost every possible sex or non-sex related action that you can imagine. you just choose them from a drop down. HOWEVER, this may not exactly suit what you want.

USUALLY, you will basically use animations only for sex scenes. For other stuff you will make the character manually pose to the pose you want and then take a screenshot.

For custom animations, it is a little complicated but there is PLENTY of resources available. For HS2, I used https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/ and a lot of youtube. Yes, its on youtibe if you look hard enough.

The best advice I can give you is simply to download it, then try to do whatever you want to by playing around with it, and when you get stuck, search on youtube or perhaps there is a help thread just like there is for HS2, but I couldn't really find it.

Regardless, the UI is probably not that different than HS2.

Goodluck!

Jun 15, 2018
Also forgot to mention that you cant make a game with koikatu alone. You will only use them for scenes and animations. All the games you mentioned use Renpy to display such scenes and adds text and choices, sounds, blah blah. Unfortunately I can't help you too much with Renpy as I have never used it.

Neoave

Aug 23, 2023
Also forgot to mention that you cant make a game with koikatu alone. You will only use them for scenes and animations. All the games you mentioned use Renpy to display such scenes and adds text and choices, sounds, blah blah. Unfortunately I can't help you too much with Renpy as I have never used it.
This makes a bunch of sense. So I use Chara and Koikatsu for models + scenes, and make it all interactive using RenPy.

Someone told me the first page's Koikatsu isn't up to date so, Ill look for the newest one.