Unity - Completed - NCCU Loser Or Idol [HoneyGames]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is Completed...

Originally Reviewed on 12/15/2017

Well, this was definitely a more creative visual novel/game... There is a small amount of grind, but since the game days are limited, you have to be smart with how you decide to grind... Of all the women in this one, only three matter in the end, and which ever one you select gets you different ending results...

The visuals of the characters were pretty good, and a majority of the backdrops were good as well... There was a small amount of glitching earlier in the game with the picture of the Teacher showing over the visuals of where you actually went, so if you run into that bug be aware of who the protagonist is really talking to... About 1/3rd of the screen is taken up by the relationship level UI, which I thought could have been either smaller or placed into a drop down menu instead, but it doesn't completely skew any of the visuals all that much... Also, i didn't see any Save feature or an Exit Game feature, which is either hidden from view or doesn't exist...

The script has a small amount of humor in the form of the protagonists room mate and his constant random banter... There isn't a huge amount of plot really, since the protagonists goal is to study hard, play basketball well, and build up relationships with different women in a college environment... You have 3 possible actual love interests, while the rest seem to be relegated to either having sex scenes at the end of their relationship or being friends sorta... All depends on your choices during each part of the day... The plot is not deep, and really beyond the relationship aspect the only other plot type elements come in the form of your best friend with a small amount of drama there, and a few other tid bits here and there... The story follows the simple dating sim kind of experience... Every time you run into one of the women, you can talk about a subject from a list that decays away by prior choices vanishing as you continue to have interactions with them... The list then changes to a different list if the relationship level is high enough, until ultimately you reach the end scenes with that particular character...

There are actually a lot of things presented to you for each days activities, some do repeat a lot, but it wasn't too horrible... You will have a limited number of in-game days to do everything, so be wise in your choices depending on what you want to accomplish... The feel of this one is more game than visual novel, even though it does have a small amount of plot and some story elements with lots of dialogue and some monologue...

It's not an over all bad game, and isn't a long play time... I enjoyed it during my play through... With the different endings based on your choices, it has some replay value, but be prepared to see a lot of the content again depending if you make different choices or not while playing again... I don't usually play these sorts of games multiple times, so the one time was good enough for me... Also, not all the endings are happy endings, just be forewarned...
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Prokopije

This is one of the better and at the same time one of the worst games here.
    On one side there is really decent art and storyline, game concept which is ok for people who likes that kind of games. It reminds me on LOP games.
    On the other hand, from technical side it is unbelievable how bad this game is. It almost made me cry.
    It's pretty slow and there is no save or skip option. Now, as this is game where you have few endings, where every choice you made matters(talking with cirls etc) that's disaster. If you screw something or just want to get another ending you need to do all over again(that's where slow matters). Replay this? It's ore mine job. Try with fast clicks(no skip option) to advance till part where you want to approach differently and by accident made click on wrong option - God bless you, you need to do all over again.
    I understand that this is dev's first game and some kind of pioneer project, but again...maybe one day he will do "remix" of this game and make it good as it is deserve to be, becuase it's surely didn't reached it's full potential.