VN Ren'Py My Teenage Years [Dev Thread]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MTY Games

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce my project to you all: My Teenage Years (MTY).

I've had previous roles helping development of other games, but I've been itching to create my own project so here we are. I'll be updating this thread regularly so people who are interested can follow its development.

So what's the project all about? Well in short, it's a interactive visual novel that combines both linear style story telling and progression with open world sandbox style sections. My biggest influencers are developers such as Mr Dots, Faerin, Dark Silver etc. I wanted to take the best aspects of each developer/game and create my own story.

The game follows a young male protagonist as he navigates the twists and turns of young adult life. Decisions made will affect the progression of the story, and as previously mentioned, some sections of the game feature an open world style navigation where you can explore area's and view different scenes.

I'm currently working on the demo, or preview for the game for you all to download and enjoy. But for now please follow this thread for development updates and other previews. Alternatively you can follow me on my Patreon and Subscibestar pages, links are in my signature. (Sorry for the shameless plug). There's an option on both subscription sites to follow the project for free.

Thanks for reading. Please see some screenshots below.

Concept 4a.png screen4.png screen2.png screen3.png screen1.png

Last edited:

MTY Games

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2019
Update 2/13/21

Sorry for the long gap since the last update. My GPU's fan failed and had to RMA it, which seemed to take a lifetime to get back. Good news is that it's working fine now and lot's of progress has been made.

I'm also happy to be able to tell you that I anticipate the first release being available within the next week or two.

I will update on here when it is available.

For now, I'll attach some more screenshots for you.

preview1.jpg preview2.jpg preview3.jpg preview4.jpg preview5.jpg

Reactions: puddlejumper

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Yeah it looks good, have a like and a follow on patreon, but no money cuz i got none.
Looking forward for the first release.

Reactions: MTY Games

Papa Lewd

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2019
It's all Daz. I'm not smart enuff to use blender :ROFLMAO:
I LOVE Blender, but it's incredibly overwhelming for beginners, as is all 3D modelling (Maya and 3DS Max are 1000x harder lol). I've been using it for several years now and still feel like I'm just scratching the surface. But if you ever do want to get involved with Blender, you should definitely check out a few channels on YouTube, particularly CG Geek, Grant Abbitt, and Darrin Lile. They are great at explaining things clearly and showing you just enough to get things done without information overload.

MTY Games

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2019
Version 0.1a released!

Hey everyone, I'm really happy to be able to say that the first instalment of the project is available for download.

Download links (Right-click and save target as)

I really hope you enjoy the project. Remember this is just the beginning, and as it's my first sole project please go easy on me! To begin with the full version of this release will be publicly available. Once there is more content then I envisage having a public demo available to everyone, with future full releases available to supporters.

If anyone is able to just confirm the Mac version works, that would be really helpful.

If you find any bugs or problems let me know here or on my new discord channel .

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote