• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity My Private Tutor DATING SIM [CH1.016] [KintaroDev]

Oct 23, 2018
My main problem so far is my garbage pc holding me back.
If you made the dialogue instant instead of appearing little by little it would help a lot (at least put the instant dialogue as a toggle).
Because as of now it took me around 20 minutes to meet the mom.

There is a toggle saying something like "speed lines", which i assume it's a toggle for the dialogue, but it did not change the speed at all.

DoorinFloor

Sep 22, 2021
Any way to change from "Full Screen" to "Windowed"? Since it's in full screen it won't let me play lol
Sadly, I'm having the same problem. Starting up the game, the title screen is cut off because it's in full screen mode, and there's nothing to click or navigate, leaving me stuck on that screen forever. I've found I can scroll down to settings, but there's no option to play in windowed mode there, either, and once I'm in settings, there's no way to exit it.

greydiant

Jul 11, 2022
to anyone confused on how to actually GET INTO the game itself. there are options cut off from the screen (look in the manual to see them). for me, and i'm sure others, this is actually unplayable

sssgub

Mar 30, 2021
when I start the game, the wrong screen resolution turns on, because of this, the buttons disappear behind the screen, and I can't start the game. please fix it

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
Any way to change from "Full Screen" to "Windowed"? Since it's in full screen it won't let me play lol
This game doesn't teach you how to play anything. What kind of buttons? Need to do something?
how do u do anything in this game Im at the begining of it and cant find my way of navigating this game. I went through the entire how to file and still cant figure out how to read the mail at the bottom left of my screen
Sadly, I'm having the same problem. Starting up the game, the title screen is cut off because it's in full screen mode, and there's nothing to click or navigate, leaving me stuck on that screen forever. I've found I can scroll down to settings, but there's no option to play in windowed mode there, either, and once I'm in settings, there's no way to exit it.
to anyone confused on how to actually GET INTO the game itself. there are options cut off from the screen (look in the manual to see them). for me, and i'm sure others, this is actually unplayable
Hello everyone, I understand that the game controls can be somewhat confusing since the framework has been entirely created by me, and certain design decisions may seem arbitrary.

However, anticipating this, I have included an instruction manual in the game folder (in PDF format, both in English and Spanish) with information about a wide range of topics. Take a look at it, and hopefully, it will help you to some extent.

Regarding the settings menu, you can navigate through it simply by clicking and dragging the mouse button. I took an artistic direction to hide the scroll bar, but I see that it was a mistake. I take note, my bad, will work on it as a priority.

As for the screen size selection, this game is indeed made to play at 1080p. I see that it is a fairly popular request, both here and in other places, to be able to set window mode, so I commit to working on it as soon as possible. Considering the commonality of some requirements, I will release a version with minor changes here and there (aesthetics, UI, screen size, adding visible scroll bars...). We'll see what can be done.

Can you get the 'Parody' tag for copying a look or style? Cause that's trying so hard to ape the look of Akira Toriyama (of Dragon Ball and Dragon Quest fame).
This does not look like 3D ... at all!
The design of 3D games can be very diverse. Here, I clearly opted for a mixed style of realistic environments with stylized anime-like characters, specifically with a design similar to that used by A. Toriyama in his works. However, as has been explained on numerous occasions, an artistic style does not solely belong to a specific author. A work itself does. In this sense, my game shares the artistic design but has no connection of any kind with any of Toriyama's works or the team behind Dragon Quest. I understand that it may not be to everyone's liking, but for this project, this is the artistic direction I have chosen.

Please tell me this is gonna have Anal Action?
That's very likely. In fact, I have created a development thread for the game (here), where in the frequently asked questions section, you can find upcoming planned features for this game.

Should add the "no sex" game tag.
first of all, thanks for share and good luck, does this have sexual content? because there are a lot of games that doesnt show in the previous images nothing, and i think is important to know
Yes, there is explicit content; otherwise, the game simply would not be able to be published here...

My main problem so far is my garbage pc holding me back.
If you made the dialogue instant instead of appearing little by little it would help a lot (at least put the instant dialogue as a toggle).
Because as of now it took me around 20 minutes to meet the mom.

There is a toggle saying something like "speed lines", which i assume it's a toggle for the dialogue, but it did not change the speed at all.
Sorry to hear that. It is possible to speed up the dialogues by using the Spacebar or right mouse button. In case you continue to experience performance issues, on the settings screen accessible through the main menu, you can change the FPS to thirty and adjust the quality between 1 and 5. You can try a lower number to see if it improves things, but it may have a negative impact on the game's graphics. The "speed lines" option refers to adult content scenes when you reach climax, allowing you to choose whether you want to see this visual addition or not.

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
First off, I like the look of your Game (who doesn't like the Dragonball aesthetic?) and it is a bold choice to program everything yourself, but that gives you the freedom to make it your own. I played a few minutes and I found some things to nitpick.

1. The Settings Menu seems to be borked. When I am in the Main Menu and go to Settings, I can change the Settings and Save them, but I can't go back into the Main Menu. The button in the top right corner doesn't work. I can hear the llittle sound it makes when you press something but nothing happens, I have to ALT+F4 out of the Game and restart.

2. It is a nice throwback to my Childhood, that you actually have to read the Instruction Manual to find out how to play the Game and what the Controls are, but it would be nice if you had an Info box in the Settings Menu (after it has been fixed) where you can see what the Controls are or even change them.

3. It seems you programmed your Game to run at 1080p, because I am running my PC at 1440p resolution and I get ugly black borders in the middle of the Screen and the Game is rendering outside of them. (see picture below.) Would be nice to be able to change the Resolution. Because this makes it really hard for my Brain to play the Game.

4. The Dialogue is sometimes hard to read, would be nice if it was in a textbox or speech bubble. Also, it is sometimes hard to see that you have Dialogue choices and I accidently picked the first choice just by clicking.

5. Are you planning on a (even limited) Character Creation for the MC? Because it is quite disturbing to have a Giant Mirror in one of the rooms that reflects everything and you can see Diana in the background, but you yourself are completely invisible.

6. Can you change the places where the Folders in the Documents Folder are created? Maybe like /Kintarodev/My Private Tutor/ instead of just dropping them inside of the Documents Folder like other Games do it?

Other than that, I really like the Game so far, and I am looking forward to play it properly, once the Resolution thing is fixed (it really makes my Brain itch in a weird way, that makes it hard for me to play).

I hope to see more of your works, especially with the possibility of Editing/modding Dialogues and maybe Character Models in the Future (wink wink).

Keep it up
Hello, since you took your time to write you post I wanted to do the same

1. There’s a door icon in the lower right corner. That’s the exit button. The curved arrow is loading back default options and save button is for saving your changes. I will make the whole screen simpler.
  2. Yes totally, I have to work into that. There’s a manual instruction included where I explain in part all of it, but I guess people are not used to those anymore (old school gamer here… -facepalm-).
  3. Yes. Seems this is most asked feature so far. Will be a priority to make at least a screen mode available.
  4. Indeed, I realized the Font is not the best choice. So far only you pointed it about, but it was my biggest fear when launching yesterday. Frankly, I am ambivalent about this. I guess I will just change it… too bad I really liked it.
  5. Funny thing is that I worked into all of that, but due to performances issues, I cut it out the whole having a physical avatar outside explicit scenes. This is due that the script packages for that really cut down the FPS of the game, so I decide to put your typical FP Camera view. So, so far, better mirrors are not a thing I will work for this game, sorry. But maybe for future projects, since I have some experience with that.
  6. Makes sense. I will look into it.
  7. The editor thing is something I really plan to heavily invest into. After making the system for this game I realized the huge potential of that. You know, to me is the whole half that games where Honey Select and similar lack: you have tons of options to personalize character, but in terms of building your won story there are no options so far. This game is a first try to change this. In the future I will do things even more dedicated to that.

Have a good day!

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
The design of 3D games can be very diverse. Here, I clearly opted for a mixed style of realistic environments with stylized anime-like characters, specifically with a design similar to that used by A. Toriyama in his works. However, as has been explained on numerous occasions, an artistic style does not solely belong to a specific author. A work itself does. In this sense, my game shares the artistic design but has no connection of any kind with any of Toriyama's works or the team behind Dragon Quest. I understand that it may not be to everyone's liking, but for this project, this is the artistic direction I have chosen.

Hey man, tell yourself whatever you want, do whatever you want. But you put a bimbofied Bulma in your game. Anybody with any passing knowledge of Dragonball is gonna see that resemblance and make that connection. Toriyama's art style is incredibly distinctive and genre defining, in a way that very few other artists are.

Looks promising.
Bulma :love:
^ Case in point. ^

Don't want to draw that connection? Maybe don't hew so closely to specific preexisting characters.

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
Hello everyone.

I just uploaded version 1.01 of this game. Until this thread is updated, the links can be found in the temporary post in the "game requests" subforum.

After making the most of all the free time I had these past few days, I tried to program my own solution for a resizable window system... but it didn't work; at least not for now.

So for now, I have implemented the default function offered by Unity to play in windowed mode, and an option in settings to switch to fullscreen (only recommended for 1080p monitors). It's not much, but I hope it helps.

On another note, I have redesigned part of the UI, making all the scroll bars visible.

Additionally, I have added small messages on how to use the keyboard to navigate through the different screens. All these messages can be disabled in the settings.

In this regard, I insist once again, if things get complicated, take a look at the manual.

Lastly, I would like to remind you that this game is still under constant development, and significant changes are coming in the future. I have a clear artistic and technical direction that I want to follow. This is not the final result, but I need time to achieve my goals. Aspects such as explicit content scenes regarding their mechanics are far from reaching their definitive version, for example.

Until then, please excuse any mistakes I make along the way and have patience.

Thank you to those who have shown their support in different ways. The mere act of commenting in this thread really helps.

Feel free to suggest improvements for the gameplay experience.

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
Hey man, tell yourself whatever you want, do whatever you want. But you put a bimbofied Bulma in your game. Anybody with any passing knowledge of Dragonball is gonna see that resemblance and make that connection. Toriyama's art style is incredibly distinctive and genre defining, in a way that very few other artists are.

^ Case in point. ^

Don't want to draw that connection? Maybe don't hew so closely to specific preexisting characters.
I see that we won't find a common point of understanding for now. I would never expect to change anyone else's way of thinking either. It's not necessary, nor was it my intention. However, I invite you to continue following this game and see for yourself if you're interested in what I have to offer in the future. Thank you for the time you've dedicated to my game in this early stage of development!
What am I supposed to do at the beginning? The message icon is clearly showing but when I access the phone, nothing is popping up. Can't click on anything either. View attachment 2737313
You can navigate through the different submenus of the phone using the arrow keys, press Enter to move forward, and Tab to go back. Make sure to download the latest version of the game (1.01), and you'll find additional help messages in this regard. Also, take a look at the updated game manual. Thank you for taking the time to play my game!

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
I see that we won't find a common point of understanding for now. I would never expect to change anyone else's way of thinking either. It's not necessary, nor was it my intention. However, I invite you to continue following this game and see for yourself if you're interested in what I have to offer in the future. Thank you for the time you've dedicated to my game in this early stage of development!
Who are you trying to convince? You made it clear earlier that you're both familiar with Toriyama's work and were specifically trying to emulate the style. If you didn't want her to look like Bulma (one of his most well known and famous characters), you can change that easily with a swap of the hairstyle or color. But you didn't. Simplest answers as to why? Because you wanted her to look like Bulma. You're aping the design of a very specific and distinctive character on purpose. If that's truly 'nor was it my intention', then change her hair color.

When you're copying an artist's very distinctive style, having characters that closely match some of their most famous creations is not an accident. Anime characters are 90% face, hair, and eyes. So putting your character in an orange jumpsuit and giving her earrings is fiddling with the remaining 10%. She looks like Bulma, she casually reads as Bulma from a glance, and you know that. Just be honest about it. You like the character, so you made a slutty clone of her for your game.

I have no problem with parody, or homage. But lets all be honest here when we're doing that. Claiming your Not-Bulma's design was 'nor was it my intention' to look like the original is just not being honest. There is no reasonable way you are familiar enough with Toriyama's style, yet also so ignorant of his specific characters, that what you did was unintentional.

Oct 23, 2018
Sorry to hear that. It is possible to speed up the dialogues by using the Spacebar or right mouse button. In case you continue to experience performance issues, on the settings screen accessible through the main menu, you can change the FPS to thirty and adjust the quality between 1 and 5. You can try a lower number to see if it improves things, but it may have a negative impact on the game's graphics. The "speed lines" option refers to adult content scenes when you reach climax, allowing you to choose whether you want to see this visual addition or not.
Sorry, i did not explain myself fully. this problem happened even with the quality at 1 and at 30 fps.

bloodbirthe

Nov 25, 2018
I like the concept, and the art!! I'll be looking forward to updates

However, a few quality of life features that I believe are essential:
+ a quick, in game list of controls
+ the ability to skip text, until the next dialogue choice
+ (not as important, but just nice to have) windowed mode

Reactions: kintarodev

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
I like the concept, and the art!! I'll be looking forward to updates

However, a few quality of life features that I believe are essential:
+ a quick, in game list of controls
+ the ability to skip text, until the next dialogue choice
+ (not as important, but just nice to have) windowed mode
Please be sure you are playing version CH1.01 (links are updated) ¡. Some of those features are already featured such as windowe mode, key list (ugly one, but still, there), as also jumping lines by clicking space or right mouse button. Glad you like the art direction!

Reactions: bloodbirthe

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Aug 19, 2022
Congratulations for your Game man good luck

Reactions: kintarodev