VN Ren'Py My New Paranormal Life [Development Thread]

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-28 200100.png

Hello everyone
I am creating a visual novel i been working on this project for a couple of months and seeing other developers showcasing their progress, I decided to share my progress.
Project:
My New Paranormal Life

Your father's death comes abruptly just as you graduate college. Unsure about what path to follow, you decide to take a year off to reflect on it and move out with the two beautiful women you live with to Mirage Bay, a small semi-rural town.

You're promised a peaceful life. Aside from a scarily arousing dream, everything seems normal. You start working at a local café with another two beautiful women whose personalities are rather extravagant, but you can't complain. In fact, you do the opposite.

It seems like your luck with women is finally taking a turn for good. Then, you discover that one of them is a mermaid, and it seems like she's not the only paranormal being.

Will you be able to overcome your fears and uncover all of the town's secrets?

GAME FEATURES

1.-Narrative: The story focuses on mysterious and paranormal troubles with sprinkles of humor. Who knows what awaits you at Mirage Bay? But one thing is certain: there'll be hot and non-human girls, each with their exotic charm.

2.-Gameplay: The game won't have complicated mechanics, excessive grinding, or head-scratching puzzles. It's designed for players to lay back, relax, and enjoy the story while interacting with the girls. It's so simple that you can play it with one hand!

3.-Girls: Each girl will have a different anatomy, background, personality, and even unique non-human characteristics in some cases. You'll be able to have relationships with all of them, though some will be harder to approach. The choice is yours. But be careful, Mirage Bay is a dangerous place; not everyone will have good intentions.

4.-Relationships: Depending on your interactions with each girl, your kind of relationship with them will vary. You might want a romantic connection with some while corrupting others, or perhaps you'd like to be mistreated. They won't judge you. Probably.

5.-Sandbox: Mirage Bay hides many secrets and mysteries, and it's up to you to explore it. You'll have the chance to discover hidden places and events scattered throughout the map, from suspicious passages to hidden caves in the forest. Each discovery will lead to a reward

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the project.

Last edited:

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Looks interesting, what are the planned tags?
Thank you for asking. I forgot to include the tags, the following will be included: milf, handjob, corruption, monster, transformation, monster girl, masturbation, vaginal anal/sex, fem domination, voyeurism, stripping, oral sex, titfuck, big ass, ahegao, exhibicionism.

And the ones i have planned for now are: futa, tentacles, bdsm, cosplay, mind control, male domination

Last edited:

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
I updated the post with the initial characters who will be in the first release. More characters will be added gradually. I have invested a lot of time in developing the characters and they are already finished, but there is still one more character missing because I haven't decided on the colors I will use for them yet

I'll give you a small preview of what they're like.
kathie.PNG
We are also working on the script.

Choo-choo

Aug 8, 2017
Thank you for asking. I forgot to include the tags, the following will be included: milf, incest, handjob, corruption, monster, transformation, monster girl, masturbation, vaginal anal/sex, fem domination, voyeurism, stripping, oral sex, titfuck, big ass, ahegao, exhibicionism.

And the ones i have planned for now are: futa, tentacles, bdsm, cosplay, mind control, male domination
How much femdom content will be in game? Transformation for MC or girls?

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
How much femdom content will be in game? Transformation for MC or girls?
There will be a part the girls will have different personalities. Some will be romantic and affectionate, while others will be perverse and will subject the mc to their perversions .
But to be precise, the next character that will be introduced in the upcoming updates will dominate the mc

The transformation will be for the girls. The mc will be an ordinary person who, by the twist of fate, will be surrounded by monster girls with supernatural powers. These girls may appear normal, but they can change at will into their monstrous form.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Choo-choo

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Hello, Here's a progress update

I've finished all the initial characters, totaling five. However, I've decided to remove one of them for the first playable version due to script considerations. The monster girls will have their normal sprite and a monster version. Some may have slight changes, while others could undergo a complete transformation.

Now I'm working on the expressions of the characters. Each one will have 10 or more different expressions, and some will be unique to each character.
expresions.PNG

I'm also making some adjustments to the clothing so that it can be removed to add different skins of all kinds and cosplays.

Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-05-29 a las 10.44.09.png

that's all for now. I'll continue updating as soon as I have enough progress.

Last edited:

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Hello, here's another progress report.

67.PNG

It took me longer than expected to finish the expressions, and I think I still have some left to do. I also need to adjust the proportions to make everything fit properly.

Now, what I'm working on is the backgrounds, which is where I struggle the most because i never drew backgrounds. I've been thinking about using AI to generate them since I've seen some impressive results, but it didn't work out for me or I don't know how to use it properly. The backgrounds generated by AI looked out of place with my drawings, and the ones I liked ended up requiring several adjustments, which consumed a lot of time. So, I decided it would be better to create them all by hand, in the end, everything will be done by hand.

living3.PNG

Here I have one finished, what do you think?
living4.PNG

It's the first one I rendered along with the house one I had made earlier. I still have a lot to learn to create backgrounds, but at least now my characters don't look so out of place.
I already have some finished sketches of the house, but I think it will take a couple of weeks to finish all the backgrounds, the world map, menus, interface, etc.

That would be all for now, and stay tuned for more updates as I will keep you informed as I progress with the project.

Last edited:

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Hello everyone, it's been a while since my last update. Due to work commitments, I didn't have enough time to dedicate to the project. However, towards the end of last year, I organized things to give myself time to make progress on the game.

But now I'm back to continue updating and showing progress. I've finished the game's cover and improved the characters a bit that are in the main post.

Captura de pantalla 2024-01-15 214151.png
That's all for now. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!

razzled

May 27, 2018
Thank you for asking. I forgot to include the tags, the following will be included: milf, handjob, corruption, monster, transformation, monster girl, masturbation, vaginal anal/sex, fem domination, voyeurism, stripping, oral sex, titfuck, big ass, ahegao, exhibicionism.

What kind of futa content is planned?

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
What kind of futa content is planned?
It will be varied: futa-female/male
We will have 2 futa characters, and they will be wild :devilish: The problem is that I plan for the first one to appear in the third or fourth update
But soon I'll open a Discord to hear your suggestions, and maybe I can advance the appearance of the futas.

• Red Heart

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Time for another progress report

I've been working on the backgrounds of the game, and I made improvements to the ones I had already finished. I hadn't planned on making backgrounds so detailed because it's not my strong, but I'm already using AI. I know I said I wouldn't use it, but these months it has improved quite a bit. That thing doesn't stop. However, I'm only using it for the backgrounds; the characters are entirely hand-drawn.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-16 222056.png Captura de pantalla 2024-02-16 221521.png

In the end, I make several adjustments to remove oddities, add details, objects, and apply color filters to match the characters and make everything look cohesive.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-16 222223.png Captura de pantalla 2024-02-14 221809.png

These days, I haven't stopped working on the project. I've already completed more than half of the backgrounds and some sketches. I should have written a report earlier, but I felt like I didn't have anything interesting to share. In the next update, I'll show you a glimpse of the illustrations.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-15 214951.png

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Another progress report

I don't think I mentioned it before, but the town where the story takes place is called Mirage Bay. It's a very small, little-known town

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-28 200644.png Captura de pantalla 2024-02-28 200618.png
Town news

I made a new design for the logo
Captura de pantalla 2024-02-28 225649.png

There are also new details about the game

GAME FEATURES

1.-Narrative: The story focuses on mysterious and paranormal troubles with sprinkles of humor. Who knows what awaits you at Mirage Bay? But one thing is certain: there'll be hot and non-human girls, each with their exotic charm.

2.-Gameplay: The game won't have complicated mechanics, excessive grinding, or head-scratching puzzles. It's designed for players to lay back, relax, and enjoy the story while interacting with the girls. It's so simple that you can play it with one hand!

3.-Girls: Each girl will have a different anatomy, background, personality, and even unique non-human characteristics in some cases. You'll be able to have relationships with all of them, though some will be harder to approach. The choice is yours. But be careful, Mirage Bay is a dangerous place; not everyone will have good intentions.

4.-Relationships: Depending on your interactions with each girl, your kind of relationship with them will vary. You might want a romantic connection with some while corrupting others, or perhaps you'd like to be mistreated. They won't judge you. Probably.

5.-Sandbox: Mirage Bay hides many secrets and mysteries, and it's up to you to explore it. You'll have the chance to discover hidden places and events scattered throughout the map, from suspicious passages to hidden caves in the forest. Each discovery will lead to a reward

Here is an image of the game.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-28 222703.png

That would be all for now
Next week, I'll bring you the Discord server.

Last edited:

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Some images

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-14 215214.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-14 215042.png

We now have a Discord server. I would like to hear your suggestions
Or if you just want to see the sketches and illustrations, you can join the Discord.

Last edited:

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
The first version is almost ready. It will be a demo to introduce the story, and we are working on the final details. It might be ready by next week

Last edited:

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Captura de pantalla 2024-04-17 131427.png

Game demo has been released!

We already have significant progress for the first version But still, I wanted to offer you a sneak peek of what's to come.

You can leave any comments or suggestions on

Last edited:

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Congrats on the demo! Love your artwork! And the BGs are great! Are you the artist?

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Congrats on the demo! Love your artwork! And the BGs are great! Are you the artist?
Thank you very much I'm glad you liked the demo
yes I'm the artist there are still some color details and other things missing that I'm going to correct for the first version

Impassi

Feb 6, 2018
Hello everyone

In the first version, we will introduce several characters. Here is one of them

Meet Margo

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-21 225436.png
more details about her will be revealed later

Write what you think about her