HTML My first game with Sugarcube

bboythereis

Oct 10, 2023
Always is worth to try, even better from player to real women ;) Interface looks quite good. Just you didn't say anything about your idea for game. This reminds me a bit of some typical casual life game with seeking romance so I assume that will be such type of game.

Tompte

Dec 22, 2017
AI finger bouquets are the stuff of nightmares. You may want to reroll some of those images, or use actual pictures instead of AI-generated nonsense.

Last edited:

bboythereis

Oct 10, 2023
Oh it's just bug under development state, not first, not last. Or maybe she likes using only 3 fingers! About AI... tell that DLSite which won't let me release my game under their site only cuz... I have cards decks for Texas Hold'em game with real women, these aren't 2D hentai generated girls.

Last edited:

BatbiruLustGames

Oct 2, 2023
Always is worth to try, even better from player to real women ;) Interface looks quite good. Just you didn't say anything about your idea for game. This reminds me a bit of some typical casual life game with seeking romance so I assume that will be such type of game.
Thanks for the feedback!
As in other games, in this one you control a 21 year old girl and you will be able to perform the typical actions of your daily life, interact with characters and build relationships with them, improve your attributes to unlock new events... It's an incestuous game, although enjoying that path is up to you and there will be more paths to explore.

BatbiruLustGames

Oct 2, 2023
AI finger bouquets are the stuff of nightmares. You may want to reroll some of those images, or use actual pictures instead of AI-generated nonsense.
I was confident it wouldn't show :( But yes, I have to modify that image. At the moment it's the only one where something strange is visible

gaaby

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Hey, I just started trying to learn sugarcube/twine aswell and I was wondering where did you research and what did you use to learn how to make your game :D

Randeknight

Aug 12, 2023
Hey, I just started trying to learn sugarcube/twine aswell and I was wondering where did you research and what did you use to learn how to make your game :D
By example - download a similar sugarcube game that you want to make and load it up in Twine and you'll see all their code. While most code isn't very good, if while you're playing it, you go 'how did they do that?' you can reasonably easily look at their code and see how it works.
I also do this in 'pick a path' games to work out which critical choice I failed to make to be able to explore a branch.

Reactions: gaaby

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
A week ago I decided to try my luck and I've gone from player to creator. So far I have built the interface and the navigation through many locations, what do you think?
View attachment 2994413
Nice interface, but I advise you to remove the avatar from the sidebar or try to make a right panel to make room for future functions.

I also advise you to change the color of the side buttons so that they are not so noticeable against the background of such a bright color of the panel.

We paste it into the style sheet, play with the settings through the browser and then copy the result into the style sheet.

#menu li a {
background-color: #000;
padding: 0.25em 0.75em;
border: 1px solid transparent;
color: #eee;
}

Overall a good start for the first game judging by its appearance.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Randeknight And do you know people who leave open code to their games? Ofc I mean people who makes games seriously.
Download any game in HTML format and take the game launch file. Then you go to the documents folder, look for the Twine folder, then into the History folder and insert there the file that launches the game.

Then you open the engine and select the HTML file you inserted into the folder and begin to study the game code.

bboythereis

Oct 10, 2023
I also advise you to change the color of the side buttons so that they are not so noticeable against the background of such a bright color of the panel.
Yeah, side buttons blend in with the side bar background color. He can use the same type buttons as in main screen with this brighter background color.

Download any game in HTML format and take the game launch file. Then you go to the documents folder, look for the Twine folder, then into the History folder and insert there the file that launches the game.

Then you open the engine and select the HTML file you inserted into the folder and begin to study the game code.
You mean ripping of HTML content. It's open-source engine but I won't be trying like I don't create with using Twine. I'll be strongly surprised if you'll find all code of game by ripping HTML structure. Normally flash or HTML type games are loaded to iframe, otherwise any HTML game would be protected. Hardly to believe in that.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Yeah, side buttons blend in with the side bar background color. He can use the same type buttons as in main screen with this brighter background color.
This one is up to the author of the game to choose from.

You mean ripping of HTML content. It's open-source engine but I won't be trying like I don't create with using Twine. I'll be strongly surprised if you'll find all code of game by ripping HTML structure. Normally flash or HTML type games are loaded to iframe, otherwise any HTML game would be protected. Hardly to believe in that.
I launch any HTML game and open the function in the browser to view the code and that’s it, I can copy any function from the game to my project. That's pretty much how I took some types of code into my game.

Therefore, if you want to introduce into your game any thing from another game, this is quite possible. Next is a basic understanding of the engine.

bboythereis

Oct 10, 2023
I launch any HTML game and open the function in the browser to view the code and that’s it, I can copy any function from the game to my project. That's pretty much how I took some types of code into my game.
I've been able to load and open every Twine game I've downloaded so far. I'd recommend Become Someone and FairyTale.
I'm not big fan of such type of games but I downloaded 6,5GB to "Become Someone" in checkin these news.

Good these aren't functions loadGame() and crackGame() which let you load game in any html page. HTML index file can be open with... just Notepad. Twine engine likely has to have ready blocks of functions. Good solution to make quickly such types of games.

Randeknight

Aug 12, 2023
I'm not big fan of such type of games but I downloaded 6,5GB to "Become Someone" in checkin these news.

Good these aren't functions loadGame() and crackGame() which let you load game in any html page. HTML index file can be open with... just Notepad. Twine engine likely has to have ready blocks of functions. Good solution to make quickly such types of games.
It's literally a Twine game. You can import the game into Twine and see exactly what the developer sees.
1697286676310.png

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
It's literally a Twine game. You can import the game into Twine and see exactly what the developer sees.
View attachment 3005046
The problem with this option is that sometimes you don’t understand what you need with this set of code :)

Therefore, the best way for me is to take small details from the game through the code viewing function.

bboythereis

Oct 10, 2023
The problem with this option is that sometimes you don’t understand what you need with this set of code :)

Therefore, the best way for me is to take small details from the game through the code viewing function.
Yeah, undertanding such tangle of arrows likely will be more tough than understanding pure code, just someone has to be able to read it.

@BatbiruLustGames and how's your progress with game?

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Yeah, undertanding such tangle of arrows likely will be more tough than understanding pure code, just someone has to be able to read it.

@BatbiruLustGames and how's your progress with game?
I use a math-like approach. You have a formula for how to solve a problem and you apply it and it immediately becomes easier :)

anongamedev77

Nov 19, 2023
This framework looks great!! Quick accessibility to options is the most important for me, and that is there for main options and the big home button. Even faster navigation would be adding options that go straight from this bedroom to other locations.
I like the progress tracker on the left is constantly up.

It would be cool to know your process for creating this template, that is the part I have to improve in....

A week ago I decided to try my luck and I've gone from player to creator. So far I have built the interface and the navigation through many locations, what do you think?
View attachment 2994413