Mod Ren'Py My Dorm Multi-Mod [v0.12 + Part 2 fixes][RiamMar]

DarkLecher

Mar 14, 2019
My Dorm — Part 2
When you play My Dorm Part 2, you will find that all my code is already in the game.
There's no mod needed anymore. I will keep this thread "open" for now, until the code remaster of Part 1 is done.
Have I missed something, or is there no way to change/check decisions like in Part 1?

(Though in my case I actually just want to check what was imported, because Scarlett said something that made me think "Huh? That sounds strange given our relationship, did it import correctly?")

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Have I missed something, or is there no way to change/check decisions like in Part 1?

(Though in my case I actually just want to check what was imported, because Scarlett said something that made me think "Huh? That sounds strange given our relationship, did it import correctly?")
Right now, there is no option to check or change those choices but we are working on it and it should be ready soon™.
I will release it here as well, so you guys don't have to wait for the next game release.

DarkLecher

Mar 14, 2019
I discovered that it in fact did not import correctly. I ran into that "Mar" error during Import and just hit ignore. Used your patches (the 1st then the 2nd) and imported again. Confirmed it imported differently (presumably correctly) because I used Ctrl to skip through everything, and almost immediately hit new Unseen Text.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I discovered that it in fact did not import correctly. I ran into that "Mar" error during Import and just hit ignore. Used your patches (the 1st then the 2nd) and imported again. Confirmed it imported differently (presumably correctly) because I used Ctrl to skip through everything, and almost immediately hit new Unseen Text.
I added a check to see if the variable is there, if it wasn't there I set it to False. So it should be the correct state for the variable.

Edit:
There's a fix bundle for all the variables that were missing in part 1 and the bug discovered by the URM user.
I'll see what else gets reported and make either a final fix bundle or TropecitaGames will make a v0.13.4 release with the fixes included.

Edit 2: Fixes attached are for Part 2

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Ali ibn Hassan

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I added a check to see if the variable is there, if it wasn't there I set it to False. So it should be the correct state for the variable.

Edit:
There's a fix bundle for all the variables that were missing in part 1 and the bug discovered by the URM user.
I'll see what else gets reported and make either a final fix bundle or TropecitaGames will make a v0.13.4 release with the fixes included.
Do I merge tis wit 1 or 2?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I updated the game with the 14 update patch, but none of the character/MC choices are in the menu for me (and they were for 13.2). But the Family/Clone option is there. Is that 'cause of the work being done, or did I do something wrong? (or is there just something wrong with the update patch?)

EDIT: DECISIONS tab. That's what it was called!

Last edited:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I updated the game with the 14 update patch, but none of the character/MC choices are in the menu for me (and they were for 13.2). But the Family/Clone option is there. Is that 'cause of the work being done, or did I do something wrong? (or is there just something wrong with the update patch?)

EDIT: DECISIONS tab. That's what it was called!
In Part 2 you will find the choices in-game via the quick menu (Profiles). If I recall correctly, the hotkey is "p".

• Red Heart
Reactions: TropecitaGames

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm not much online today and on the weekend.
Y'all keep reporting and I collect the issues as soon as I have time. As long as it's not game breaking, I will try to get to it this year. :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: TropecitaGames

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Yea, I'd say seven months qualifies as "some time" ...
That's the european standard. day/month/year

I'd prefer YYYY-mm-dd, but Discord *shrugs* (if that's an option in Discord, please tell me :-| )

I knew I fixed Kate's Profile!

Added Part 2 fix download links to the OP. Sam's fix is included as well. Signing off, see y'all later.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
That's the european standard. day/month/year

I'd prefer YYYY-mm-dd, but Discord *shrugs* (if that's an option in Discord, please tell me :-| )

I knew I fixed that fixed Kate's Profile!

Added Part 2 fix download links to the OP. Sam's fix is included as well. Signing off, see y'all later.
I should have known ...