dreamtype

Jan 6, 2022
Unofficial Walkthough Mod

screenshot0033.png

This walkthrough mod is designed to make MCR behave more like a on rails type of visual novel. It's still the same game underneath but it's should be easier to progress the game by following the guide and clicking the green choices and item buttons that pop up. At the end nearly all the galleries will be unlocked. The remainder are things that can be easily gotten to via different choices in some scenes or via the post game. My advice would be save at least once before going to sleep each night.

Note: the guide is dumb and hardcoded in a few places so try not to do things (such as events that only happen once) ahead of when the guide tells you to or else it could get stuck.

I'm no modder so don't expect polish or bug fixes. Much of this started from ripping off of the Lain's mod of Dreams of Desire.

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Issues:
Installation and Compatibility with other mods:
Saves:

Previews:
screenshot0019.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0021.png screenshot0001.1.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0032.png screenshot0001.3.png

Last edited:

H4_uT

May 21, 2024
If you guys could help me i would be happy, because i cant get the massage oil, watched the trainer in the morning and evening but dont have any option to train fight, and because of this i cant get the red folder. Thanks in advance

dreamtype

Jan 6, 2022
If you guys could help me i would be happy, because i cant get the massage oil, watched the trainer in the morning and evening but dont have any option to train fight, and because of this i cant get the red folder. Thanks in advance
You have to do all of Emilys photoshoots, then visit her again and lose fight to Frank. Then you'll get the option to ask to for fight training from the trainer.

belluair

Jan 16, 2024
Hello i am following your mod and walktrough I played the game again and I am on days 11 around 11:00 p.m. should start the scene with Anna and Barbra at the pool, but nothing I tested the drone (update) from 9:00 p.m. to 00 :00 for 3 days after days 11 and still nothing.

Can anyone help me?? THANKS

dreamtype

Jan 6, 2022
Hello i am following your mod and walktrough I played the game again and I am on days 11 around 11:00 p.m. should start the scene with Anna and Barbra at the pool, but nothing I tested the drone (update) from 9:00 p.m. to 00 :00 for 3 days after days 11 and still nothing.

Can anyone help me?? THANKS
It sounds like you're talking about the re-enable_features mod and this step by step walkthrough. Before you continue on you may want to try my Unofficial Walkthough Mod instead.

If you'd rather just continue on without the mod: You have a of the barbara anna pool scene happening anytime you use the drone during the night (so it doesn't have to be exactly 11:00) assuming the Bring Anna home task is active. Doing multiple attempts in a night should do the trick.

Last edited:

Casandor35

Nov 10, 2019
This walkthrough mod is designed to make MCR behave more like a on rails type of visual novel
If you accidentally skip/ did not follow 1 step within the walkthrough then it will be stuck in that walkthrough page for the rest of the game. For example, in part 2 - step 5, you need to lose to dick. But i already done it in the previous day so now it did not update anymore.

dreamtype

Jan 6, 2022
If you accidentally skip/ did not follow 1 step within the walkthrough then it will be stuck in that walkthrough page for the rest of the game. For example, in part 2 - step 5, you need to lose to dick. But i already done it in the previous day so now it did not update anymore.
Yeah, unfortunately the guide is hardcoded to at certain step like that in many places. The mod not designed to be so flexible as that's to allow you to skip steps because that can easily lead to situations where the guide will become inaccurate or break unexpectedly. However, if you can deal with that I've attached a quick edit I've made to Mod_Guides.rpy for you that removes most of the checks. Just drag it to the mod folder. I've not tested this at all but I hope it works.

Reactions: Casandor35

th3n

Jan 27, 2022
This game could use the ntr tag, when you start to develop a relationship with almost any girl, then another one comes along and steals it from you or at least forces you to share.

Like the librarian with Barbara, the Dean with the little kid, Barbara with Dick and of course the cousin with Emily, the secretary, the trainer, the director, and everything is forced and you are forced to accept that or get a game over, because it just gives the imppression of choices but in fact is a kinetic novel.
so this game has sharing/ntr? Why is not in tags!

th3n

Jan 27, 2022
That is the beauty of this forum. Not only are the tags iffy, you actively have to fight the moderation, sneaky devs and their apologists constantly to have things properly tagged around here. Everyone is allergic to transparency.
and nobody report it? I'm lucky that I always check the comments before I play, because if I had played it, I would come here very salty.

Saguaro28

Jan 22, 2021
Unofficial Walkthough Mod

View attachment 3637106

This walkthrough mod is designed to make MCR behave more like a on rails type of visual novel. It's still the same game underneath but it's should be easier to progress the game by following the guide and clicking the green choices and item buttons that pop up. At the end nearly all the gallery will be unlocked. The remainder are things that can be easily gotten to via different choices in some scenes or via the post game. My advice would be save at least once before going to sleep each night.

I'm no modder so don't expect polish or bug fixes. Much of this started from ripping off of the Lain's mod of Dreams of Desire.

Features:
Issues:
Installation and Compatibility with other mods:
Saves:

Previews:
View attachment 3637383 View attachment 3637384 View attachment 3637388 View attachment 3637391 View attachment 3637395 View attachment 3637424 View attachment 3637429 View attachment 3637430
Couldn't the same mod be made for MCR2?

dreamtype

Jan 6, 2022
Couldn't the same mod be made for MCR2?
Believe it or not I still haven't played it yet. Does it really need one?

I've played Girl House and that seemed to have fixed many (admittedly not all) of the playability issues with MCR. It also came with a hints system and a option to highlight good/bad choices. So I'd assume that MCR2 would have improved from there.
(Note: my mod doesn't completely fix them either it mostly tries to trim out the grindy/annoying bits, highlight the right/wrong choices and relies on a terribly dumb/inflexible walkthrough guide system to help you progress through the game.)

Regardless, it'll be awhile before I do ever another walkthrough mod. It's very time consuming. Using this mod as a template I can theoretically cut out some time but not much. The time consuming bits are mostly routing and playtesting. I have to at least have an overview of how to progress the game and what choices to make.

Reactions: Saguaro28

Saguaro28

Jan 22, 2021
Believe it or not I still haven't played it yet. Does it really need one?

I've played Girl House and that seemed to have fixed many (admittedly not all) of the playability issues with MCR. It also came with a hints system and a option to highlight good/bad choices. So I'd assume that MCR2 would have improved from there.
(Note: my mod doesn't completely fix them either it mostly tries to trim out the grindy/annoying bits, highlight the right/wrong choices and relies on a terribly dumb/inflexible walkthrough guide system to help you progress through the game.)

Regardless, it'll be awhile before I do ever another walkthrough mod. It's very time consuming. Using this mod as a template I can theoretically cut out some time but not much. The time consuming bits are mostly routing and playtesting. I have to at least have an overview of how to progress the game and what choices to make.
I liked MCR a lot more with your mod, I didn't get stuck anywhere, so I enjoyed the whole game more. In my opinion, MCR2 would also be much better if it had the same or a similar mod. I'll be happy to wait for the mod if you decide to make it on MCR2 as well. Thank you for your work.

3.40 star(s) 171 Votes