SpectrumX55

Oct 30, 2018
So the instructions to play this game didn't get any easier from what I can see here...
Is there really no way to simplify the process for this???

Carlos6464

Aug 27, 2017
The workupload link worked for me, the others are all dead, can't manage to get it working though, even with the additional steps by fun_master_BW.

Steps I followed (on windows 10, still not working for me):
01. Extract to C
02. Run @haruko_maniax-JP.bat
03. Noticed that process name is ânâïâRâ}âjâAâbâNâX.exe and not ハルコマニアックス.exe
04. Ran ânâïâRâ}âjâAâbâNâX.exe directly, got error in non japanese (similar but not identical to sifilis's post above)
05. Ran ânâïâRâ}âjâAâbâNâX.exe with locale emulator admin, got error in japanese
06. Imported the registry update provided by fun_master_BW in regedit
07. copied ânâïâRâ}âjâAâbâNâX.rio.ici to C:\Users\%user%\Documents\age\ハルコマニアックス.rio.rci
08. Ran ânâïâRâ}âjâAâbâNâX.exe with locale emulator admin, got error in japanese
09. Renamed all instances of ânâïâRâ}âjâAâbâNâX to ハルコマニアックス
10. Ran ハルコマニアックス.exe with locale emulator admin, got error in japanese
11. Tried installing japanese language pack in windows to extract again, still nothing

Edit: Managed to get it working by
1. downloading this torrent: folder [100928] ハルコマニアックス
2. Running start.exe and install in C:\age\Harukiハルコマニアックス
3. Copy afhook.pkg from the OP download for translation (optional)
4. Running ハルコマニアックス.exe with Locale Emulator - Japanese (Admin)

It has some issues with stability (game crashed 4 times before I reached the end) but the translation appeared to help.
Everyone, the edit on this post is the easiest way to have the game running and you can change the installation place. However, notice that in step 3 you should also copy afhook.rpo into <Game Folder>/Plugins otherwise the translation will not work.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020
Umm.. sorry for the bother but, when i downloaded the torrent, specifically the folder [100928] ハルコマニアックス, i can't get no. 2 i.e. Running start.exe and install in C:\age\Harukiハルコマニアックス , as I only have HARUKOMANIAX.mdf and HARUKOMANIAX.mds inside the folder, not .exe file.

Carlos6464

Aug 27, 2017
So could anyone help me out here?
  1. You need to change locale to Japanese before installing the game.
  2. Mount the .mds image file with DAEMON Tools.
  3. In the install menu window choose the first option from the top; click next 3 times and wait for the installation process to finish; rUGP engine will be installed - you can’t run the game without it.
  4. English Patch instructions:
  • Copy afhook.rpo into <Game Folder>/Plugins
  • Copy afhook.pkg into the main game folder
  1. This is a full English translation patch for Haruko Maniax. It also includes full translations for the three Muv-Luv Radio Mini-Drama ADV side-stories. It does NOT, however, translate the small amount of dialogue in Faraway Dawn Part 2.

Carlos6464

Aug 27, 2017
  1. You need to change locale to Japanese before installing the game.
  2. Mount the .mds image file with DAEMON Tools.
  3. In the install menu window choose the first option from the top; click next 3 times and wait for the installation process to finish; rUGP engine will be installed - you can’t run the game without it.
  4. English Patch instructions:
  • Copy afhook.rpo into <Game Folder>/Plugins
  • Copy afhook.pkg into the main game folder
  1. This is a full English translation patch for Haruko Maniax. It also includes full translations for the three Muv-Luv Radio Mini-Drama ADV side-stories. It does NOT, however, translate the small amount of dialogue in Faraway Dawn Part 2.
Point 4 may not be possible if the translation is not the torrent (this from another torrent) so may need to get this from the main op (no torrent game)

Reactions: TheSwashBuckler
Jan 10, 2021
HAY IF YOU WANT Haruko Manix to work use this mega link from otomi games

works for me it has the full game in raw jap so
just make sure to run the game in jap via locale emulator put the afk hook.rpo into the plugins
and the other afhook into the main game folder and bam you got the game working just fine
ALSO YOU NEED DAEMON TOOLS TO MOUNT THE FILE AND THEN RUN THE GAME INSTALLER

nogameguy2.gif

Last edited: