RPGM WIP [MTL] Kakuriyo, the village of obscene customs ~Sexual Secret-Keeping Moratorium~ v1.341 [RJ402577] [I'm moralist]

bloctai

Apr 29, 2020
Thank you for the translation!

Take it semi on-hold & abandoned, cuz i have a day job to do & things seem to be getting a bit busier in the new year, so I'd be more than happy to hand it off to someone else to fix the minor issues & translations. Was a passion project anyways frustrated by not having a translations, now I suppose majority work is done and I've provided the ability for someone else to continue where I left off with the .trans file.
Uh oh. I'm moralist announced there's an update coming soon. Let's hope the torch is carried on.

atf.cosmos

May 19, 2019
Thank you for the translation!

Uh oh. I'm moralist announced there's an update coming soon. Let's hope the torch is carried on.
Oh my. Fun times. I hope not too muh has changed. Tho long live git for helping me track changes.
I've already updated to fix the previous errors but now there's another huge update incoming that
Translates the map & districts.
Updates few names of people & items like Blue=Ao, Dando, Taneo, etc. with still more work to do.
Translates the msg log, etc.

So a semi big update. Though, can someone explain what メスバレ (mesu-bare, messu barre, etc) means?
Sometimes it can be replaced with femininity, other times something else and googling doesn't help with my incomplete japanese language knowledge.
I'll be on & off the game translating with work, and tbh it's not too fun/enjoyable if I have to keep translating while playing the game hence I can't guarantee regular updates or even reasonably quick ones. Like I've said, I'm just doing it cuz concept of game interests me & game seems good, could be a classic.

yasyasyosino

Apr 15, 2021
Oh my. Fun times. I hope not too muh has changed. Tho long live git for helping me track changes.
I've already updated to fix the previous errors but now there's another huge update incoming that
Translates the map & districts.
Updates few names of people & items like Blue=Ao, Dando, Taneo, etc. with still more work to do.
Translates the msg log, etc.

So a semi big update. Though, can someone explain what メスバレ (mesu-bare, messu barre, etc) means?
Sometimes it can be replaced with femininity, other times something else and googling doesn't help with my incomplete japanese language knowledge.
I'll be on & off the game translating with work, and tbh it's not too fun/enjoyable if I have to keep translating while playing the game hence I can't guarantee regular updates or even reasonably quick ones. Like I've said, I'm just doing it cuz concept of game interests me & game seems good, could be a classic.
二年間オスだと思って飼っていたウサギがメスバレしたときの飼い主の慟哭
= The owner's lamentation when the female rabbit that he had kept for two years thought was male

Removing メスバレ

二年間オスだと思って飼っていたウサギがしたときの飼い主の慟哭
= The owner's wailing when a rabbit that he had kept for two years thought to be male

I am fluent in Korean and the term "メスバレ" gets translated into gibberish (Japanese and Korean are extremely similar kind of like English and Spanish). Maybe there is a meaning but it could also be a made up word for the game based on google searches. I found the example above on .

In the instance outlined above the term seems to be a feminine modifier.

yasyasyosino

Apr 15, 2021
メスバレ might have similar linguistic meaning to 'very'

This twitter uses the term as so:

すでにメスバレ度MAXで明日にはバッドエンド直行する子だと思うときわめて愛い
= It's extremely cute to think that she's already at MAX and will go straight to a bad end tomorrow

Removing the modifier

すでに度MAXで明日にはバッドエンド直行する子だと思うときわめて愛い
= It's already MAX, and tomorrow it's going to be a bad ending.

So maybe it is a 'very' modifier used in a feminine connotation?

gosick1586

May 24, 2022
メスバレ might have similar linguistic meaning to 'very'

This twitter uses the term as so:

すでにメスバレ度MAXで明日にはバッドエンド直行する子だと思うときわめて愛い
= It's extremely cute to think that she's already at MAX and will go straight to a bad end tomorrow

Removing the modifier

すでに度MAXで明日にはバッドエンド直行する子だと思うときわめて愛い
= It's already MAX, and tomorrow it's going to be a bad ending.

So maybe it is a 'very' modifier used in a feminine connotation?
メス is Female, and バレ likely means exposed or leak.
So メスバレ度 is most likely just a modifier that tells the player how close she is getting caught being a female

Reactions: yasyasyosino

gosick1586

May 24, 2022
Also do remember that most Japanese sentences when translated read backward.

"だと思うときわめて愛い" this is the part that refers to "extremely cute to think that"

I can barely read Japanese, and the sentence roughly means:
すでに (already) メスバレ度MAX (MAX female exposure level) で明日にはバッドエンド直行する子 (a kid straight up going to bad-end by tomorrow) だと思うときわめて愛い (Extremely lovely I think).

atf.cosmos

May 19, 2019
Well, posted the huge update with more translations. Will have to fix the other stuff later but for now i'm just putting this out as debug cuz i fully expect some problems. Case & point: Map wasn't working cuz of some quotation marks being misplaced in the code.
Mesubare is at so many places & can have different meaning, so it'll be context depending translation from what it seems & thus would need for the gameplay to clarify. From mesubare value (female scent value?) to mesubare girls/characters/nps, etc.
More than that, Ghost & Seed would need translations to taneo & kasoke, etc. to fit the name of the npcs more.

kkkkk1235

Mar 23, 2020
can i get the data translated folder i use translator++ to export but it always stuck forever at parsing data

atf.cosmos

May 19, 2019
can i get the data translated folder i use translator++ to export but it always stuck forever at parsing data
Use the export function to get the translation output.

And currently found an issue (idk if its my version or submitted version) that doesn't cause the mesu-barre value to rise. I kinda give up on translation of just that cuz it'll need variables to be tracked down along with plugin changes, which i am not gonna do. Well, atleast not now and will keep it for the very end.

atf.cosmos

May 19, 2019
a compressed version of the game pls ?
Would've liked to but not possible. At first I went "why is it even needed for such a low size game" but then to "let's analyze and see if even possible".
The answer, it isn't possible. Here's the proof:
1678060017656.png
So basically half is from music & quarter from sound. So should be a matter of just compressing them as the other games do, yes? But just see how many files are there in each folder...
3.2k audio files are 550MB & 1.4k image files are 300MB, which leaves each file to be less than 214KB on avg for image & 172KB for audio. Now idk, but that feels as compressed as it can be without losing details.

atf.cosmos

May 19, 2019
Also, as another update i'll be pushing out when i'm done with would now include:
Mesubare translation to Suspicion, re-translation of the hinori being caught at 100% Suspicion, removal of excessively long words ("haaaaaaaaaaaa" becomes "haaa", ax to axe.

Re-translation is what's consuming most of my time. I'll do this end and the status effects then push the update.

And I've seen the new version with added content being updated on DLsite but didn't find it anywhere on the internet. So I'll be grateful if someone can point where it could be found or even upload it.

VGOAT

Jul 16, 2021
Looking to d.l this game tonight and try it. Do I need to d.l all the files I see in the comments that relate to the game? Like the map file?

TitanBic

Jan 15, 2020
How good is the translation? Is this pure MTL poetry or have you made some changes?
I'm pretty sure this is an extremely lightly edited MTL, but MTLs are pretty readable these days so it's probably not terrible.

I'm more curious if this is working properly yet. I threw together my own quick MTL but I broke a script somewhere, so it errors when you try to sleep at night after the fireworks festival a few events into when you first unlock them. Can anyone confirm if this is working properly the whole way through the game, or at least most of it?

atf.cosmos

May 19, 2019
Edit:- UPDATE!!
The update has finally been published

I'm pretty sure this is an extremely lightly edited MTL, but MTLs are pretty readable these days so it's probably not terrible.

I'm more curious if this is working properly yet. I threw together my own quick MTL but I broke a script somewhere, so it errors when you try to sleep at night after the fireworks festival a few events into when you first unlock them. Can anyone confirm if this is working properly the whole way through the game, or at least most of it?
Can you send me the save just before it breaks?
I've been busy with work hence delay in release, but i've also managed to get developer console going with F8/F12. So now I can better debug the errors & will post with that version as well.
And i suspect that the gut changes are what's getting zipped to increase the size as well.

Also you're correct, it's a medium-light edited MTL version since they are pretty good these days. I'm changing the parts that don't make sense while also making text fit properly inside boxes. Currently all changes take up 1GB in git commits, which is basically half the game & an oversight on my part.
1680278519402.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepy95