Fan Art Ms.Denvers Fan Art Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
for .duf
First problem.
The eyeball is smaller than it should be. Have control the scale eyeball because some poses change it
View attachment 3290013

Second problem.
The geometry of the model sometimes behaves strangely.
View attachment 3290014

Third problem
. It's more of a headache than a problem, apply textures and all surface settings from G8 to G9
Put it %AppData%\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\textureConvert\
Even though there are things you can do to 'fix' some of these issues, it doens't always work and some poses break the fixes. This is why I have temporarily given up on converting to Genesis 9. I hope your journey is better than mine has been.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lanxorn and Krull

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Convert Wanda model to G9.
So many bags with model

Who will guess where G9 is? :)
I think you need to create a morph/shape of wanda first (since is a custom character) then bring that to G9.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lanxorn

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
I hope your journey is better than mine has been.
Not at all. I'm done with this until they make a normal converter.

I think you need to create a morph/shape of wanda first (since is a custom character) then bring that to G9.
I have used this guide + texture converter. WP is really good at its job

Reactions: Krull

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Not at all. I'm done with this until they make a normal converter.

I have used this guide + texture converter. WP is really good at its job
Have a look a this too:

Reactions: Lanxorn

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Have a look a this too:
This one and the one from ManFriday, both do exactly the same thing, in the exact same manner. They both suffer from eyes and mouth that don't fit properly or are not fixed in some way to the G9 structure, and then there is no real texture converter, just a G9 geoshell that is mapped to the G3/G8 UV Map. The ManFriday converter is just less verbose (more steps are background) than the RSSY.

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
Have a look a this too:
We'll see

This one and the one from ManFriday, both do exactly the same thing, in the exact same manner. They both suffer from eyes and mouth that don't fit properly or are not fixed in some way to the G9 structure, and then there is no real texture converter, just a G9 geoshell that is mapped to the G3/G8 UV Map. The ManFriday converter is just less verbose (more steps are background) than the RSSY.

I use this converter for textures. Load G8 model -> use script -> you have folder with containing the transferred maps
After this I looked at the surface parameters and transferred them to the g9 by inserting new textures.
Textures looks good for me.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019

I use this converter for textures. Load G8 model -> use script -> you have folder with containing the transferred maps
After this I looked at the surface parameters and transferred them to the g9 by inserting new textures.
Like I said earlier, I am happy it is working for you, problem with Geoshell remaps it that when you start using geographs (HD nipples or Genitalia), it starts to fall apart. Please note, the script does exactly what I am describing, you just don't see all the steps because the script is clean (not verbose). If you are not adding those geographs because your models are clothed, then you likely won't have issues. I have tried all of these methods and actually own several of these converters. G9 is just not really something that you can easily upgrade to from G3 or G8.

I am also not saying G9 is bad. There is a lot to like about G9, but since a lot of fan art is based on characters from G3 and G8, the need to go to all the trouble of conversion to G9 is really not a high priority for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krull and Lanxorn

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
We'll see

Here's an for any eventuality.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Here's an for any eventuality.
I have used this tool and it works. It is an extra step that DAZ makes us do because G9 was not completely thought out as a generation. Too much of it needs "fixing". Maybe it will work better when we see Genesis 9.1 ++++

Reactions: Krull and Lanxorn
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes