4.20 star(s) 31 Votes

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
I am probably getting confused somewhere, even after reading some of the posts about it, so I will just ask, is the politcally incorrect patch, the new snowflake patch and changes the dialogue and removes the offensive stuff or is it a patch to add back in the dialogue of the orginal relesse and so forth. I don't want the snowflake like version, I want the og meaning and version, and I am just a little confused to install the patch or not. Any help will be appreciated.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I am probably getting confused somewhere, even after reading some of the posts about it, so I will just ask, is the politcally incorrect patch, the new snowflake patch and changes the dialogue and removes the offensive stuff or is it a patch to add back in the dialogue of the orginal relesse and so forth. I don't want the snowflake like version, I want the og meaning and version, and I am just a little confused to install the patch or not. Any help will be appreciated.
The politically incorrect patch brings back the 'offensive' stuff, meaning the originally intended dialogue. That would be the one you want. :)

The snowflake patch is dead/deprecated.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
How do I install the patches?

I've looked for the "how to" but haven't found anything on it.
Which OS? If you're on Windows, unzip the game download > Go into the unzipped folder > you'll see a folder called "game" > put the patch inside that folder. Like so:

folder.png

For Android:

It's been a minute so I could be wrong, but: Go to Android/data/com.missfortune.movethechains/files, create a new folder named "game" and copy the patch file in this folder.

Not entirely sure about Linux (though I imagine it can't be too dissimilar Windows) or MacOS, though.

Calz

Mar 12, 2022
The android version appears to be broken and won't install. I think its a size issue, Renpy games 2gb and over don't work and need to be compressed to function correctly.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The android version appears to be broken and won't install. I think its a size issue, Renpy games 2gb and over don't work and need to be compressed to function correctly.
Yeah, I've already crunched it pretty hard, so I not sure where the size is coming from. It's kind of getting to a point where it's more of a pain than its worth to manage, so I might start letting one of the Android guys/modders roaming around the forums start taking care of it for me.

Will do it for the Fan tier tomorrow, but the UI for the Android version still need to be adjusted some, so it'll be touch delayed. Will still likely be ready to go for the public release, though.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
if we want the full expierience should we enable the said patch or no?
You aren't missing out on anything without it, it's just flavour text. If you want racy humor or offensive statements about race, gender, gender identity and stuff like that then use the patch. If you don't then don't use the patch. If you don't care either way then idk, flip a coin or something. I'm not using the patch because I find it kinda tasteless having LIs making apache helicopter jokes in a game with a trans LI. Kinda feels two faced to go after both of them on the same save. On the other hand there's parts where I really wouldn't mind the patched out dialogue. You aren't really missing out on anything so just go with what fits your own comfort levels and your own humor.

Reactions: MissFortune

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Great update as always. I like that you can see Ryan's face now. Will help with portraying more emotion in him, visually at least. I like the cameo with Rainn as well (though it makes me miss WWJK. Wondering if we'll see Logan as well now). Fame and Yu still my top girls though and glad they got some scenes this update. Love the new UI changes as well. Everything is so clean and fancy now.

There were a few odd choices though. Like, I would respond to someone, and then the conversation would be changed to something different. Like for instance at the dance studio when you say you're in, you all the sudden start talking about something else. I get it was supposed to show time passed, but it just jumps right into it and was a bit jarring. Same with the Diana confrontation scene at Emily's place. One minute you're on a roof dancing with Diana, next you're bursting into Emily's place to confront Diana. Was just really confusing.

But otherwise, nice update. Always enjoy your work, so, excited to see what's next. Thanks. ;)

Reactions: MissFortune

ntohugo

Sep 14, 2022
That was a very good update.
Just one thing that pisses me off, why the fuck is the MC cool with sitting and talking with anyone besides his sister?
I hateee unnecessary drama...
Besides that, keep up the good work. Imma support you in patreon, this one is going to be FIRE.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
good people of this site can you please tell me what " " means??
If you scrolled up a few posts, you would see exactly what it means.

The politically incorrect patch brings back the 'offensive' stuff, meaning the originally intended dialogue. That would be the one you want. :)

The snowflake patch is dead/deprecated.

4.20 star(s) 31 Votes