Most Unity games crash during loading: How to fix?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hmm according to google, the issue could be caused by other software... Such as:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
A crash has been intercepted by the crash handler. For call stack and other details, see the latest crash report generated in:
Things you can try:
1. downgrade your gpu's driver.
2. remove Sonic Studio Audio.
3. remove ASUS bloatware (if you have an Asus mainboard).

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll:dbghelp.dll (00007FFDBA660000), size: 2306048 (result: 0), SymType: '-exported-', PDB: 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll', fileVersion: 10.0.25169.1000
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Tentative d’accès à une adresse non valide.' (Address: 00007FFCF29C318D)
0x00007FFCF29C318D (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
Im not an expert at this, but it looks like it was loading things into ram, and broke when it tried to access dbghelp.dll, and both times it also broke at the 0x00007FFx address space. Try using the system file checker tool provided by microsoft and see if that fixes it and if your drive is corrupted. Repairing that system file might be the case and sometimes data gets corrupted like that. Also since it consistently fails at that address in RAM, you could try downloading the OCCT stress test tool and going to the tab to test memory(RAM) and see if throws out any errors at you since that could be failing. I know it says it will run the test for 30 minutes but you really only need to run it for less than a minute on each part since the longer test is mostly for people looking for stable uptime.

If neither of those are the case, for some reason whatever is in that address is being protected by your system, which means another application is interfering with access. Or maybe you dont have enough memory and the software poops out.

*edit: Im stupid and thought microsoft actually made a user friendly app for sfc like they did with a few other tools. There are third party tools that you can use to check your disk that do the same thing

Last edited:

KRL.

Aug 18, 2017
Hmm according to google, the issue could be caused by other software... Such as:
I had MSI Afterburner, but since I never used it I uninstalled it to see if it came from that, it did not change anything

Things you can try:
1. downgrade your gpu's driver.
2. remove Sonic Studio Audio.
3. remove ASUS bloatware (if you have an Asus mainboard).
my GPU was upgraded between the first crashes and the crashes now, so I don't think going back to a previous version would change anything
I removed Sonic Studio Audio
I have no ASUS Bloatware

Try using the system file checker tool provided by microsoft and see if that fixes it and if your drive is corrupted.
I tried, it seems that no file was corrupted

Or maybe you dont have enough memory and the software poops out.
I still think that if this was the case, I wouldn't be able to play any games and only Unity games don't work anymore

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I had MSI Afterburner, but since I never used it I uninstalled it to see if it came from that, it did not change anything

my GPU was upgraded between the first crashes and the crashes now, so I don't think going back to a previous version would change anything
I have no ASUS Bloatware

I still think that if this was the case, I wouldn't be able to play any games and only Unity games don't work anymore
My game (Legacy of Hestia) uses Unity... If you are willing to try it out, we could exclude the possibility that all Unity Games no longer work.
In my game, I use an older version of Unity, whereas the one you have tried uses a new one.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

I have no ASUS Bloatware

The dev-team I'm working with use Unity too. You can give it a try.
https://f95zone.to/threads/timestamps-unconditional-love-v1-0-pe-p1-motkeyz.5949/
https://f95zone.to/threads/timestamps-lost-love-r9-pe-motkeyz.45268/

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020

I have no ASUS Bloatware

I googled a little more and this looks like a problem I dont want to deal with. Im pretty sure 000077Fx was specific to something in the windows user land but its prolly just the generic area for dropping programs in memory. Your best bet is generating a dump and asking someone who's willing to read them

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
im dumb, try asking the unity devs on their forums, specifically in the windows platform area

there is some resident wizard employed by unity who seems to come out and answer these things

Last edited:

KRL.

Aug 18, 2017
My game (Legacy of Hestia) uses Unity... If you are willing to try it out, we could exclude the possibility that all Unity Games no longer work.
In my game, I use an older version of Unity, whereas the one you have tried uses a new one.
your game works perfectly well

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
your game works perfectly well
Thought so, then it's not all Unity games, but Unity games made with the new releases.
Which makes me wonder... How much RAM do you have, and how much of that is free?

KRL.

Aug 18, 2017
I have 16GB of RAM and like 8GB free in general having different stuff open

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have 16GB of RAM and like 8GB free in general having different stuff open
The other day a guy had a problem to play our game (Unity) and he fixed it by reinstalling his gpu drivers through DDU.

Maybe you can post your dxdiag log file too - but as text file (zip etc.).

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm starting to think that it won't necessarily help, but there it is :
First issue - and the biggest of all of them -: French language :LOL: Sorry, mate!

Jokes aside....

NahimicSvc32.exe
this audio driver is known to cause issues with Unity games. I remember that many players had problems to play Man of the House or Mystwood Manor because of that

Further, some people had to disable G-/or V-sync too.

KRL.

Aug 18, 2017
I won't bore you with my problems with some Unity games for too long either, if no one has a miracle solution, I'll just give up playing them :LUL:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
if no one has a miracle solution, I'll just give up playing them :LUL:
Most likely this is result of poorly installed drivers or similar.

While you are only worried about a few games that do not run, this could be affecting your performance even on games that are running, and you could also start having future issues in non-unity games as well.

So even if noone has a magic solution I'd still recomend you to try everything you can to actually fix it.

KRL.

Aug 18, 2017
Well, I just got a new Windows 11 update and I have no problem running Unity games anymore. So, fuck Windows and sorry for making you look for a solution to a problem that came from this one. xD

Reactions: Meaning Less

Light86

Mar 25, 2018
The Unity games have been crashing for a few weeks now on my PC, I've tried different "solutions" on the internet, none of them worked, I thought it was only Custom Tamago, but having tried to play IslanDeity again this morning, I realised that it wasn't the only one that was crashing, if you have a solution that I haven't tried yet, don't hesitate
try deleting "lib_burst_generated.dll" i had this problem for a unity game was searching through forum for a solution i don't know if you are still looking for solution or not but this seems to work! you can also replace the dll with older version of it i don't know deleting it causes what other problems!