• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Droid Productions, I'm curious, still, about the Path of Light vs. the Path of Fire. Even though I have chosen one I am still being offered opportunities to choose the other. Does this just mean I don't need to make a final choice until later in the story? Or, should I be ignoring the one I don't want?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions, I'm curious, still, about the Path of Light vs. the Path of Fire. Even though I have chosen one I am still being offered opportunities to choose the other. Does this just mean I don't need to make a final choice until later in the story? Or, should I be ignoring the one I don't want?
They'll gradually fade away, if you stop taking the options. Without the Sushi date I don't really see how I can advance the Path of Light (skipping over kissing and going straight to 5th base doesn't really seem like something Emily would do). The Path of Fire will also at some point hit a terminal endpoint.

I'm not making this hidden or anything; there's no "if you peeked on day 7, Path of Light will fail on day 100"; every relevant choice is clearly marked... but if you constantly reject one of them, you will come to the point where the romance option goes away.

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
They'll gradually fade away, if you stop taking the options. Without the Sushi date I don't really see how I can advance the Path of Light (skipping over kissing and going straight to 5th base doesn't really seem like something Emily would do). The Path of Fire will also at some point hit a terminal endpoint.

I'm not making this hidden or anything; there's no "if you peeked on day 7, Path of Light will fail on day 100"; every relevant choice is clearly marked... but if you constantly reject one of them, you will come to the point where the romance option goes away.
Well, that's more or less what I assumed but I started to wonder... I took Emily out for Sushi only as friends but was surprised when the "Path of Light" choice came up a second and then a third time. I don't remember if there were more than that but,it was a choice at least twice after turning it down the first time. I started to second guess... I guess. :oops: But, just to be clear... Does choosing it after not choosing the first one restart a romance with her or is it one and done?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well, that's more or less what I assumed but I started to wonder... I took Emily out for Sushi only as friends but was surprised when the "Path of Light" choice came up a second and then a third time. I don't remember if there were more than that but,it was a choice at least twice after turning it down the first time. I started to second guess... I guess. :oops: But, just to be clear... Does choosing it after not choosing the first one restart a romance with her or is it one and done?
There's not really any "restarting" of the romance path. It tracks the number of times you've picked which girl, and it picks the key events. If , for some reason, you didn't kiss Emily on the Sushi date, the game will assume you're not interested in her, and stop offering Emily events.

Similarly, there will come a "do or die" event with Katie, after which you'll no longer be offered additional romance events with her (though, being Katie, that doesn't mean things don't occasionally get spicy).

As such it's entirely possible to get to the end of the game (eventually) having rejected both Katie and Emily. If you've pursued the Lin storyline to its conclusion, you'll get the Path of Submission at that point... if you haven't, you'll get the Path of Shadows.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
There's not really any "restarting" of the romance path. It tracks the number of times you've picked which girl, and it picks the key events. If , for some reason, you didn't kiss Emily on the Sushi date, the game will assume you're not interested in her, and stop offering Emily events.

Similarly, there will come a "do or die" event with Katie, after which you'll no longer be offered additional romance events with her (though, being Katie, that doesn't mean things don't occasionally get spicy).

As such it's entirely possible to get to the end of the game (eventually) having rejected both Katie and Emily. If you've pursued the Lin storyline to its conclusion, you'll get the Path of Submission at that point... if you haven't, you'll get the Path of Shadows.
Well, that was quite succinct! Thanks! Heh... Maybe that explanation should go in the Wiki walkthrough. :D

Reactions: Droid Productions

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Decided to take a dip to quell post-LoM blues, despite general preferences toward more complete content. I suppose I need my Droid fix, though.

Didn't get far, but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Decided to take a dip to quell post-LoM blues, despite general preferences toward more complete content. I suppose I need my Droid fix, though.

Didn't get far, but
Big wall of text :)
The spacebar is likely a hangover of the controller rewrite, where it considers it as two clicks. I'll check it out.

"Going by her "Babcia" invocation, I assume Katja is Polish. "; she's American, but quite close to her maternal grandmother, who was Polish. Obviously I'm neither polish nor mexican, so do let me know if there's clear issues (the name, Katja Kotik, is of course just a play on kitty cat, represented by her familiar that's hiding out at various places in the coffeshop).

Like in LoM you can miss content if you mono-focus on something; I'm reasonably certain that you met the stalker girl in the gym (she's one of the 3 girls that show up when you do PT in the gym, and since you're advancing Lin's storyline you must be doing that). It's also WAY denser than LoM in terms of side-content, with literally hundreds of little events in for the 54 days currently ingame. If you spent all of that time running solitarily in the tunnel, I guess I can see why you wanted more time to chat with girls :)

I did my best to make it much easier to see what's going on, with the ? mark representing a new 'unique' event, and frequent nudges (I should go to the coffee store). I think that's one of the things that's most improved, game design wise, from LoM.

Titter replies will get disabled; I didn't like how it makes MC feel... better for him to be the strong and silent kinda guy on social media.

And Molly is... Molly. Just without any breaks on.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Big wall of text :)
Detailed feedback? :)

I might have added some additional information (like the swirly wallpaper bug) while you were reading, for that matter. I have the tendency to keep edit-adding stuff long past the point I probably should. Might want to skim over to check if that happened, if you have the time for it.
the name, Katja Kotik
"All Slavs are Russian" XD
Polish version would likely be "Kasia Kotek," even if losing the playfulness somewhat. "Kotik" is distinctly Russian-origin, big NAFO (yes, that's spelled correctly - look it up for quick lulz) Article 5 trigger :)

Apparently "Kicia" (which is even MORE diminutive version of "kotek") is supposed to be a girl name, but I never heard about that one. Then again, haven't visited that slice of the world for a long time now, Paradise was definitely Lost (Czechoslovakia, Poland, and Ukraine were all near-terminal eyecandy overdose back then, just walking on the bloody street).
Like in LoM you can miss content if you mono-focus on something; I'm reasonably certain that you met the stalker girl in the gym (she's one of the 3 girls that show up when you do PT in the gym, and since you're advancing Lin's storyline you must be doing that).
It's possible she was a background character I missed seeing, but I do not recall her ever being named at all.

It wasn't as much mono-focusing (though, admittedly, I did try to do runs one time slot every day) as trying to grind up all three stats before the fight. I learned my lesson from LoM about unexpected stat checks XD

Not so much focusing on Lin, either (though she's really cute in her gym outfit), just did some PT for progress, and she had the only scenes. Just got her apartment event, and prefer her in the gym. Personal kink/personality bias, rather than a complaint on your ability to characterize or set up scenes. Though cooking in that expensive outfit made my kitchen-fu scream in protest. I assume the dumplings were just steamed, but isn't the rice fried? Just... no.

Looking hot, though, and not just because of the oil splatter.

I assume there's no alternative gym bunny planned (aside from LI Katie, anyway)? Jenny occupies all the sub space in my mind that I have to spare :)

Speaking of, I'm at day 31 and Jenny still has not made an appearance. 1/10, dev teh sux.
It's also WAY denser than LoM in terms of side-content, with literally hundreds of little events in for the 54 days currently ingame. If you spent all of that time running solitarily in the tunnel, I guess I can see why you wanted more time to chat with girls :)
<3
Hey, I also regularly sparred with Katie and lifted!
I did my best to make it much easier to see what's going on, with the ? mark representing a new 'unique' event, and frequent nudges (I should go to the coffee store). I think that's one of the things that's most improved, game design wise, from LoM.
That was definitely an immediately noticeable improvement, thank you.
Titter replies will get disabled; I didn't like how it makes MC feel... better for him to be the strong and silent kinda guy on social media.
Can't say I disagree, the replies were so artificial sounding... Damn games getting way too realistic.
And Molly is... Molly. Just without any breaks on.
WHAT DID YOU DO TO MOLLY?!one!!?

Too fast to tell, but really not sure I liked the implications behind the uninhibited hunger she was displaying. Never mind that Chosen!Molly was exactly the right combination of angel and devil, in the nicest and kinkiest ways possible.

MC having not a single lewd thought about Astrid (or Bella, or the Latin teacher I forgot the name of), in the "present" much less back when a teen, makes me think he got hit on the head one time too many. Pay attention, people, brain damage from contusion is real.

Lastly, speaking of characters, a note of caution. I'm begining to find Emily far too similar to her LoM's version. On its own that's hardly an issue, but might be a problem of "same-y" for people who, like me, go from the one title to the next while the memories are fresh.

I'd expect Morningstar's Emily to be more righteous. As in, more instances of "my cause is JUST, therefore I am right, and your opinion is invalid." Much more resistant to MC's advances, for that matter, and far less eager to move from business relationship into a more intimate mode of socializing. The whole "you don't make friends" soldiers in active combat tend to resort to as a defense against constant death around them. Edit: Heh, something she just literally raised on the Day 31 date.

LoM's Emily didn't have centuries upon centuries of constant reminder of "duty is heavier" to grind her personality into the edge of the sword of Heaven Morningstar's Emily is. Obviously I have no idea of your intentions, or goals, in M!Emily's character, but the similarity despite much different settings and character background starts to stand out quite prominently.

If you haven't rencently, give The Prophecy a view to get a glimpse of how I'd feel Morningstar's Heaven, in general, to perceive humans, even if not to such extreme degree. While at it, I heartily recommend Gaiman's Neverwhere to his (even if brief) take on angels. Also, one of the best books I've read.

Again, just personal feedback, don't mean any of it is relevant or even correct :)

Last edited:
Reactions: motseer

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
A minor correction - during Katie's retirement party at the Last Drop, one of the lines talks about "Bill Coach" paying for the drinks. Pretty sure MC is not managed by coach Coach, so that probably should be flipped to "coach Bill" :)

Also,

Edit: Holy shit, Droid...

Raping someone's ass with a wine bottle is NOT OK. Under any circumstances. I'm not sure how you'd consider that appropriate even in a "play it for the laughs" category.

Even if it's the kind of sleazy sexual exploiter that reacts with violence toward the vulnerable (and dumb as a brick) person as Snowdrop is that it was done to.

This isn't "stronk alpha mael flex," this is escalation that's crossing the moral horizon straight into territory of pure psychopathy. Aside from how ridiculous that scene was for the "urban fantasy" settings in the first place. Any accusations Snowdrop could raise would be difficult to prove, meanwhile MC is literally discussing the crime with a direct witness (good fucking luck with the next 5-7 years of your life, dumbass).

Bounce the fucker off the walls if you think you can get away with it. Sure. Fuck, put one in the back of his head if you want to show just how grimdark the MC is (though that goes against all the narration elsewhere).

But not this.

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Detailed feedback? :)

I might have added some additional information (like the swirly wallpaper bug) while you were reading, for that matter. I have the tendency to keep edit-adding stuff long past the point I probably should. Might want to skim over to check if that happened, if you have the time for it.
"All Slavs are Russian" XD
Polish version would likely be "Kasia Kotek," even if losing the playfulness somewhat. "Kotik" is distinctly Russian-origin, big NAFO (yes, that's spelled correctly - look it up for quick lulz) Article 5 trigger :)

Apparently "Kicia" (which is even MORE diminutive version of "kotek") is supposed to be a girl name, but I never heard about that one. Then again, haven't visited that slice of the world for a long time now, Paradise was definitely Lost (Czechoslovakia, Poland, and Ukraine were all near-terminal eyecandy overdose back then, just walking on the bloody street).
It's possible she was a background character I missed seeing, but I do not recall her ever being named at all.

It wasn't as much mono-focusing (though, admittedly, I did try to do runs one time slot every day) as trying to grind up all three stats before the fight. I learned my lesson from LoM about unexpected stat checks XD

Not so much focusing on Lin, either (though she's really cute in her gym outfit), just did some PT for progress, and she had the only scenes. Just got her apartment event, and prefer her in the gym. Personal kink/personality bias, rather than a complaint on your ability to characterize or set up scenes. Though cooking in that expensive outfit made my kitchen-fu scream in protest. I assume the dumplings were just steamed, but isn't the rice fried? Just... no.

Looking hot, though, and not just because of the oil splatter.

I assume there's no alternative gym bunny planned (aside from LI Katie, anyway)? Jenny occupies all the sub space in my mind that I have to spare :)

Speaking of, I'm at day 31 and Jenny still has not made an appearance. 1/10, dev teh sux.
<3
Hey, I also regularly sparred with Katie and lifted!
That was definitely an immediately noticeable improvement, thank you.
Can't say I disagree, the replies were so artificial sounding... Damn games getting way too realistic.
WHAT DID YOU DO TO MOLLY?!one!!?

Too fast to tell, but really not sure I liked the implications behind the uninhibited hunger she was displaying. Never mind that Chosen!Molly was exactly the right combination of angel and devil, in the nicest and kinkiest ways possible.

MC having not a single lewd thought about Astrid (or Bella, or the Latin teacher I forgot the name of), in the "present" much less back when a teen, makes me think he got hit on the head one time too many. Pay attention, people, brain damage from contusion is real.

Lastly, speaking of characters, a note of caution. I'm begining to find Emily far too similar to her LoM's version. On its own that's hardly an issue, but might be a problem of "same-y" for people who, like me, go from the one title to the next while the memories are fresh.

I'd expect Morningstar's Emily to be more righteous. As in, more instances of "my cause is JUST, therefore I am right, and your opinion is invalid." Much more resistant to MC's advances, for that matter, and far less eager to move from business relationship into a more intimate mode of socializing. The whole "you don't make friends" soldiers in active combat tend to resort to as a defense against constant death around them. Edit: Heh, something she just literally raised on the Day 31 date.

LoM's Emily didn't have centuries upon centuries of constant reminder of "duty is heavier" to grind her personality into the edge of the sword of Heaven Morningstar's Emily is. Obviously I have no idea of your intentions, or goals, in M!Emily's character, but the similarity despite much different settings and character background starts to stand out quite prominently.

If you haven't rencently, give The Prophecy a view to get a glimpse of how I'd feel Morningstar's Heaven, in general, to perceive humans, even if not to such extreme degree. While at it, I heartily recommend Gaiman's Neverwhere to his (even if brief) take on angels. Also, one of the best books I've read.

Again, just personal feedback, don't mean any of it is relevant or even correct :)
I have to disagree about Molly and Emily. They are the same "souls" in a "different universe". I think the similarities of situation and appearance may obscure the differences.

Emily, in LoM, was the charming princess; trained, educated, devoted and, at the same time, innocent and naive. In MBotF, she is aloof, regal, battle hardened and world weary with only glimpses of the pure hearted angel. In fact, as I see her, it is her relationship with MC that begins to restore her ability to see something redemptive in Hell's Kitchen. She was a bit straight laced and stand-offish on first meeting her in LoM but, in MBotF, when we first meet her, the stick is so far up her butt I have no idea how she sits down.

The similarities and differences for Molly are more straight forward and easily defined. In both, she is flighty, slutty, stuck up and very, very blonde. At the start of LoM she was a teen girl wannabe mean girl. At the start of MBotF she is literally a "man eating" succubus and, as far as I'm concerned, scary as hell; as she should be. Whatever her role will be, I strongly suspect her succubus persona will be perfect for it. Jus' Sayin':cool:

So, Emily and Molly. It's easy to see them as the people they were in LoM. They are the same souls after all and that's part of the point, I think. Same but different.

Some of the rest that we have seen so far:

You can't get involved with Bella. She's like your big sister; one of three. Sorry, no incest happening here. Emily and Molly are "easier" to not choose and Katie... Katie is ready to commit. No holding back this time and... that makes me happy. It was practically "love at first fight" in LoM; a "star crossed" love because of a geas on Emily and MC. Katie is definitely (for me) best girl in MBotF.

Well... I mean, she definitely is... Katie... best girl... OK, Droid Productions just couldn't resist. Enter Lin. So cute. So sexy. So sweet. Lucky for me, it looks like she will get the award for best sub and Katie might want to play too. :p

So,yeah, I get your point. Overall. Lots of similarities. Same... but different. For me, there's lots of nuance to appreciate. Not the least of which... MC is hangin' out in Hell's Kitchen dressed in baggy blue jeans, unlaced boots and a hoody. Too funny. Dude, he's an actual gangsta! My only criticism of that is, "Where's the muscle T"? I'm lovin' the MMA fighter storyline! So well done! The training with Katie and coach, fan girls, inner struggle, glitz and glamour, media hype; it's all there and it's so well done! Heh We don't play poker in this universe. We play Katie's favorite game instead. Oh, how the dice have turned! :cool:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
All good points. We have slightly different perspectives and preferences but that's what good characterization and story telling promotes. One clarification: I didn't mean that Bella and MC are actual blood relation; she and the other two teachers are "like" big sisters to him. I don't see any potential for intimate relationships there. I could be wrong.

• Hey there
Reactions: SpikyHair
4.90 star(s) 10 Votes