Unreal Engine Monster Girl Ranch - Farming/Breeding Game [Dev Thread]

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
mgrlogo.png

Intro

Hello! My name's Verpa and I'm working on a farming/breeding game. I'm a seasoned game developer but this is my first adult project.
As it is on early stage of development, a lot of the documentation here can be changed in future versions. It resembles the good old Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons farming sim games but better: we have Monster Girls!~
You can work on your farm, ship your crops, interact with your monster girls, breed them, ship their goods (milk, egg etc) and plenty more. Unlock more crops and more monster girls, get money, upgrade your farm and have fun!
Feel free to be part of this project. I'll set up a Patreon when the first playable version is near.

1704145655877.png

Playable Characters

You can chose between Male and Futa Protagonist. As part of the gameplay loop involves breeding your monster girls, I couldn't se a way of inserting a Female Protagonist (as of now).
Right now, the only one game-ready is the male protagonist:

1704139762631.png

Gameplay

A Farming Sim game loop like Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Stardew Valley and look-alikes.

You can ship items you find, raise and ship crops during the four seasons of the year, upgrade your farm and tools and ship items you get from your lovely monster girls , like milk and eggs.
You can use your monster girls for breeding an then selling the offspring for money, or shipping its items daily.
The more your monster girls loves you, the better the items she will generate. They can unlock a lot of scenes for each action, like milking your cowgirl.
  • Locomotion - 80%
  • Inventory - 70%
  • Farming System - 45%
  • Monster Girl Interaction - 0%
  • Sex Scenes - 5%

HMon_update.gif
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Genre

Monster Girls

We'll have plenty of monster girls available as the game evolves.
Some monster girls produce daily items like milk and others have special purposes like protecting your farm from stray monsters.
Each monster girl can be trained to produce higher quality items that have a higher selling price and to unlock more sex scenes.

ImageRaceTraitsProduces
1704140124803.png
Cat Girl​
A sweet and lovely companion. Watch out for her claws.​
Nothing​
1704142553858.png
Cow Girl​
Tender and big. Heavy tits made for milking.​
Milk​

Schedule

My aim is to have a playable prototype at the first trimester of 2024, with a complete farming game loop with some crops and two monster girls with some of its scenes and fetishes.
Right now the scope of the project is small (as it should be) but it can be increased depending upon future income.

Support This Game

Right now you can spread the word about the game at Twitter. Follow us and like/RT its tweets, it'll help us at the patreon stage :

Twitter -
Patreon - Soon.

Last edited:

iamdabeans

Oct 14, 2021
As a huge fan of all the farming games you mentioned, I am super excited for this and will probably also start supporting through Patreon after your initial release! Good luck with this project!

Reactions: Verpa

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
This looks amazing. Looking forward to first version :)
Very interesting! keep us posted!
As a huge fan of all the farming games you mentioned, I am super excited for this and will probably also start supporting through Patreon after your initial release! Good luck with this project!
looking:):love: forward to it
Thanks everyone! These act like fuel to me.
Some news about the project:

Reworked HUD:
Worked on the HUD design. It isn't final (probably) but I'll stick with it for now.

Basket :
Added a Basket item to the game. It works as the basket in previous HM games like FoMT: You can use it to hold items to ship later. This way you can hold more items than only using your rucksack.

World taking shape:
I'm testing some 3D assets to shape the game's world. Everything's WIP but it's way better than a blank space.

You can see those features in the gif below:

HMon_update.gif

After finishing the basic tools for farming, I'll start to work on the lewd material :devilish:
See you soon!

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
Howdy fellas!
The basics of the farming system is complete, which means the major parts of the gaming loop are complete.
Crops now can be harvested and these are divided in two groups: re-growable ones like the tomato that can be harvested more than one time during its season and the ones like the turnip, that can only be harvested once.
The system is pretty modular and can be easily expanded to fit more crops and newer features.

This was only a test, later I'll fine tune the crops and its periods of maturing and its seasons.
Also, the 'Hoe' and the 'Watering Can' tool are done! I still haven't created its use animations but the code part is done.

With that said, as my worries with the gameplay lessens, it is time to work on sex features. See you soon!

1703770157291.png

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
Did a quick test with gens for the protagonist gender options.
Next step is working on a nipple stylized texture and reworking the eyes textures to make it customizable.
Also need to list all the morphs that need to be exported to UE5 for the future Character Creator, and some animation-wise morphs for the sex scenes.
Probably a shock for some but these characters were made in Daz using G8.1.

1704139671999.png

From 2024 early work sprints you can expect:

- CatGirl character
- First version of the interaction system (Touch your monster girl in the right places and be rewarded for it)
- Inventory UI

See ya!

Last edited:

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
Is your base the Toons for Gen 8 ?
No. Female base is from The Girl 8 and the male base from a custom character ported into Daz by Shinteo. Both heavily customized to give the style I'm aiming for.
The head is a separate custom mesh.

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Ah, I see.
Well, great job on them!
Did you do the head customisation in Daz or Blender? I'm asking this as I haven't seen that nose morph until now :D

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
Ah, I see.
Well, great job on them!
Did you do the head customisation in Daz or Blender? I'm asking this as I haven't seen that nose morph until now :D
Thanks! I bought it, but it was done in a 3rd party sw. I can DM you with the asset link if you want

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
Happy new year! First 2024 update!

The Cat Girl is done! This Monster Girl is the first one to show up on your farm. She can't produce items like the other monster girls, but she is cute as hell.
What do you think about her?

1704128471570.png

I also took some time to wrap small tasks like the new nipple and eye textures.
Did small corrections to the skin shader model and the overall lighting on the game.
Next update can take some time because it'll be about the Interaction System.

See ya!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheExordick

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
Just a minor and yet significative update: Monster Girl Ranch was chosen as the name of our farming/breeding monster girl game!
Naturally, now we have a logo:

mgrlogo.png

I also did some text updates with new info and more details in this thread.

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
1704666223618.png

Implemented some animations and morphs for expressions and poses. I've also started to design the interaction screen and code some aspects of it. May have something to show up to thursday. After thrs I'll be afk for a month because I work at the navy and I'll be at the sea.
This afk time will be spent documenting, planning and writing.

aboice

Nov 4, 2022
Following closely! Please make the harpy and slime next out of the 4 listed xD

Also Dog girls, Wolf Girls, and Fox Girls

Verpa

Jul 4, 2020
Following closely! Please make the harpy and slime next out of the 4 listed xD

Also Dog girls, Wolf Girls, and Fox Girls
NP, harpy will be the next one to be implemented!
Updated the next monster girls section with some suggestions.

I'm back from the sea, time to work on the Interaction System. Carnival is different this year, now my time's divided between real tits and 3D monster girls' tits