Mod Unity Monster Black Market - Random Names and Chaotic Market Mods

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022

Overview:
Two Mods:
1. Random Names Mod: to generate all units with random names. Also allows for inheritance of last names.
2. Chaotic Market Mod: to generate units with random traits (configurable).​

Updated: 2023.02.01
Game/Creator: https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-black-market-v1-2-0-0-team-apple-pie.124772/
Modder: Memacile (based on SoapBoxHero mods: https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-black-market-mod-pack.129140/ )
Mod Version: 2.0.1
Game Version: 2.0.4.0+
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download for manual install:
Surgy Modpack: https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-black-market-dlc-v2-0-4-0-team-apple-pie.124772/post-9488041

Last edited:

JetStriker009

Dec 4, 2022
Does this mod work on game version 1.2.10.0?

Edit: It does, also, is this mod abandoned? Because compatibility for the SoapBox Modpack could be feasible by now.

Last edited:

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
View attachment 2344414
Help, what I have to do?
If you are using game version 1.2.10 then it seems you are missing the "MbmModdingToolsExtended.dll" file which should also be placed in the BepInEx/plugins folder.

If you are trying to use game version 2.0.0 then I don't even know how you got this far?? Because even without mods installed it crashes for me if I use BepInEx for IL2CPP (as in the current installation instructions) instead of BepInEx for Mono (which is the new compile target in version 2.0.0 of the game).

When it comes to updating the mod to the Mono version BepInEx. I had a quick look at it and I get an error with BepInEx for Mono even without any mods loaded yet...
I'll wait until someone else (maybe Surgy or SoapBoxHero) updates their mods, so I can copy their approach.

ththth

May 9, 2017
If you are using game version 1.2.10 then it seems you are missing the "MbmModdingToolsExtended.dll" file which should also be placed in the BepInEx/plugins folder.

If you are trying to use game version 2.0.0 then I don't even know how you got this far?? Because even without mods installed it crashes for me if I use BepInEx for IL2CPP (as in the current installation instructions) instead of BepInEx for Mono (which is the new compile target in version 2.0.0 of the game).

When it comes to updating the mod to the Mono version BepInEx. I had a quick look at it and I get an error with BepInEx for Mono even without any mods loaded yet...
I'll wait until someone else (maybe Surgy or SoapBoxHero) updates their mods, so I can copy their approach.
Bepinex #665 (BepInEx Unity (Mono) for Windows (x64) games) loaded for me on 2.0.3.0 without any crashes if that helps you. Of course it didn't make your mod work by itself, but I had to try. I enjoy the game a lot more with the random names.

Reactions: Memacile

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
Bepinex #665 (BepInEx Unity (Mono) for Windows (x64) games) loaded for me on 2.0.3.0 without any crashes if that helps you. Of course it didn't make your mod work by itself, but I had to try. I enjoy the game a lot more with the random names.
Ah thanks for the info. The error message is gone in version 2.0.3 and later. And the random names mod seems to be running fine, so far with the BepinEx stable build 5.4.21 (from here ). I am no expert but I guess the only reason SoapBoxHero (who I copied) used BepInEx Bleeding Edge version was because of IL2CPP support. Now that the game is build with Mono mods should be able to use BepInEx stable version.
I am still trying to get the Chaotic Markets running. It's more convenient for me to make a release for both.
But if I can't make Chaotic Markets running by Friday, I can make you a separate release ththth if you want?

Both mods are updated now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ththth

ththth

May 9, 2017
Ah thanks for the info. The error message is gone in version 2.0.3 and later. And the random names mod seems to be running fine, so far with the BepinEx stable build 5.4.21 (from here ). I am no expert but I guess the only reason SoapBoxHero (who I copied) used BepInEx Bleeding Edge version was because of IL2CPP support. Now that the game is build with Mono mods should be able to use BepInEx stable version.
I am still trying to get the Chaotic Markets running. It's more convenient for me to make a release for both.
But if I can't make Chaotic Markets running by Friday, I can make you a separate release ththth if you want?
No hurry mate, release it as it's most convenient for you. Just know that your mod is appreciated.

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
I love your mod, thanks!
But how dows "also allows for inheritance of last names" work?
Oh, you found a bug.
The last name inheritance did not work when the mother had a last name but the father did not and the config option "TakeLastNameFrom" was set to "Father" (the default).

There is a new release RandomNames 2.0.1 available were the issue is fixed. I assume that was the issue that you encountered.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ThunderZoo

ThunderZoo

Aug 16, 2016
Oh, you found a bug.
The last name inheritance did not work when the mother had a last name but the father did not and the config option "TakeLastNameFrom" was set to "Father" (the default).

There is a new release RandomNames 2.0.1 available were the issue is fixed. I assume that was the issue that you encountered.
It works, thanks!