Mod Unity Monster Black Market - Complex Breeding for Dummies Mod

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
Overview:
Complex Breeding for Dummies is an extension mod of the Complex Breeding mod by guyverek.
It is also compatible with Tits Mod from Krongorka.
The mod is intended to make the game easier or harder depending on how you configure it.
By default the mod is configured to make Complex Breeding easier and reduces the grinding to get certain species.​

Updated: 2023.06.05
Game/Creator: https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-black-market-v1-2-0-0-team-apple-pie.124772/
Modder: Memacile
Mod Version: 1.1.0
Game Version: 2.0.15.1+
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

How to Configure:

Change-Log:

Download attached zip: ComplexBreedingForDummies.dll.zip

Also available in Surgys modpack
(not necessarily compatible with all mods in the modpack, but the modpack allows turning mods on or off)

Last edited:

F4g95

Oct 12, 2020
I believe the gold part isnt working. Cant seem to get it to work regardless of what I do, unless there is something I'm completely missing.

edit:
Yeah, cant seem to be able to change anything with the configmanager. I know the mod is working because the demonic negatives are gone, but I cant change any variables myself

edit2: I apologize, I am mentally retarded and I should be euthanized, I needed to restart the game for the effects to work, and I'm only leaving the edits up to show people how much of a retard I am

Last edited:

SisconM

Jun 22, 2020
Is there a quick way to swap back to the original mod's essences that have downsides like a simple "OverrideEssenceEffect = false" or a premade config for that?
Else can the comments at least include a "Value from original mod" alongside the "default value"?

I liked the negative values in the original to incentivize mixing and matching instead of just blindly dumping everything in(I went bankrupt once cause I went full demonic and was producing whatever horrid tasting demon tainted milk for 0 gold). And I would like a less... painstaking method to swap over to the old trait values (unmodding the game to just CB, then getting every essence and screenshotting and slowly changing each value on notepad++)

I'm currently installing this mostly for the additive trait thing, as interesting (and grindy) the original was, the need to sort through many children goes horribly with the games interface. My main gripe was with the pixies sending the children everywhere (having two redcaps with quintuplets explode red, green, and dark green babies into every available space across different rooms and having to look for them to check the stats of each is a nightmare).

With the essence being additively inherited I can make things more organized and hopefully reduce the clutter of needing a backup stock of girls. Not to mention the time I'll save if I need to restart due to mod updates.

On a side note:
Love the configurability! Hope some people cook up and upload their own configs for alternate experiences.

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
Is there a quick way to swap back to the original mod's essences that have downsides like a simple "OverrideEssenceEffect = false" or a premade config for that?
Else can the comments at least include a "Value from original mod" alongside the "default value"?

I liked the negative values in the original to incentivize mixing and matching instead of just blindly dumping everything in(I went bankrupt once cause I went full demonic and was producing whatever horrid tasting demon tainted milk for 0 gold). And I would like a less... painstaking method to swap over to the old trait values (unmodding the game to just CB, then getting every essence and screenshotting and slowly changing each value on notepad++)

I'm currently installing this mostly for the additive trait thing, as interesting (and grindy) the original was, the need to sort through many children goes horribly with the games interface. My main gripe was with the pixies sending the children everywhere (having two redcaps with quintuplets explode red, green, and dark green babies into every available space across different rooms and having to look for them to check the stats of each is a nightmare).

With the essence being additively inherited I can make things more organized and hopefully reduce the clutter of needing a backup stock of girls. Not to mention the time I'll save if I need to restart due to mod updates.

On a side note:
Love the configurability! Hope some people cook up and upload their own configs for alternate experiences.
I attached a config file to the post inside the Configs.zip that contains the old essence values. That's probably good enough.
If other people want to share their configs, I can add them to the zip, too.

I feel similarly about the CB random ihnheritence. It is more interesting than the simple-additive inheritance of the base game, but it can become tedious going through all the offspring to look for improvements. Especially since for higher essences it might take a quite a few births to get an improvement. So it might already be enough to improve the chances of the ComplexBreeding inheritance formula (especially removing the -6% decrease in inheritance improvement chance per essence level), but I have not played around with that. Initially, I only added the additive-inheritance. I only decided to also make the ComplexBreeding formula available and configurable, when I had already finished playing with the mod.

Kryphon

Nov 4, 2017
I've added the dll file as described into the plugins folder, but BepInEx seems to ignore it completly on startup. All other Plugins work, like complex breeding and health fairies. Version is the latest.

No Config file is created upon Start.

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
I've added the dll file as described into the plugins folder, but BepInEx seems to ignore it completly on startup. All other Plugins work, like complex breeding and health fairies. Version is the latest.

No Config file is created upon Start.

In the BepInEx/config folder there is BepInEx.cfg. In that config you can enable the console:
Code:
[Logging.Console]

## Enables showing a console for log output.
# Setting type: Boolean
# Default value: false
Enabled = true
by default it is disabled ("Enabled = false").
With the BepInEx console enabled restart the game. A console should open and it should list all the mod loaded successfully.
If there is a problem with loading a plugin it should show up in this console.
So can you check the console loads all plugin correctly or if there are any errors?

Kryphon

Nov 4, 2017
In the BepInEx/config folder there is BepInEx.cfg. In that config you can enable the console:
Code:
[Logging.Console]

# Default value: false
Enabled = true
by default it is disabled ("Enabled = false").
With the BepInEx console enabled restart the game. A console should open and it should list all the mod loaded successfully.
If there is a problem with loading a plugin it should show up in this console.
So can you check the console loads all plugin correctly or if there are any errors?
Mine actually has the console enabled by default like this

# Default value: true
Enabled = true

In the Console, every Plugin gets loaded succesfully, except the complex breeding for dummies. It does not show up in the List, as if it were not there.

Last edited:

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
Mine actually has the console enabled by default like this

# Default value: true
Enabled = true

In the Console, every Plugin gets loaded succesfully, except the complex breeding for dummies. It does not show up in the List, as if it were not there.

I don't see it loading the Complex Breeding for Dummies mod. Where are all the other mods coming from? Are they from Surgys modpack? If so then it contains ComplexBreeding for Dummies now, so you if you download the newest modpack that should solve the problem.

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
I'm kinda new to this so how do I install the mod
Follow the installation instructions.

Or use Surgys modpack is a single download with everything ready.
The only thing to keep in mind with Surgys modpack is that many mods are disabled by default, including ComplexBreeding and this mod.
So you need to go to <Game Directory>/BepInEx/config/ to enable the mods. Note: Not all mods are compatible. For instance ChaoticMarkets and RandomNames mod are not compatible with ComplexBreeding. So you need to disable ChaoticMarkets and RandomNames if you want to enable ComplexBreeding mod.
I recommend turning on the BepInEx console as explained here: https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-...breeding-for-dummies-mod.162687/post-11062429 . The console will generally show an error if two mods are not compatible.

johnyenna

Jun 14, 2019
Try to give Young Orc and Elf some milk but it seems nothing work and they still have the "young" mark on their name and my milk didn't decreased, can anyone help to turn them into their adult form?

Dirge88

May 1, 2023
Hoping someone can still help on this thread. I cant figure out how to increase Max Concurrent Conceptions. I had to adjust essence values to even have an essence that increased it, but it doesnt seem to actually apply. Not sure what to do since modding/coding really isnt my thing, im just impressed i made it this far.

Yusser

May 9, 2020
Hoping someone can still help on this thread. I cant figure out how to increase Max Concurrent Conceptions. I had to adjust essence values to even have an essence that increased it, but it doesnt seem to actually apply. Not sure what to do since modding/coding really isnt my thing, im just impressed i made it this far.
Just got around to playing this mod myself recently, but I figured it out. Just keep letting your desired unit give birth until eventually, their womb size changes from small to the next level increasing their concurrent conceptions. Another involves using the Tentacle Breeding room, use the upgrade hammer on it till you get that "Enlarge Womb Size -8" although you need to use the ones with the "+" on them to get the required vitality.

Although same with you, I have no clue how that essence which increases it works... Hope I helped!

On another note; does anyone have a complete list of variations in the crossbreeding besides the one in the MBM_Complex_Breeding_Guidekinda_V1.pdf?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirge88

bobjones9792

May 27, 2017
I think womb size (with CB) can be increased either by an upgrade to the tentacle room or a chance to increase with each birth. Basically you need ovum restore items for best results.

Reactions: Dirge88

Eleschann

May 5, 2020
Hello, can someone help me how to breed a devil? How I can breed devil if the angel have demonic as a forbidden trait?

Devil also have requirement of sacred as forbidden trait, which angel have.

Can I remove a trait or something?

1703000818088.png

bsdt

Aug 29, 2017
@Memacile, I posted in the main MBM thread about how I'd like to rebalance Complex Breeding. What you've exposed to configuration through For Dummies already is excellent - could I ask if you might be able to expose more functionalities along what I had in mind, particularly monster/slave base stat reconfiguration?

From my post in the main thread:
Complex Breeding (+ For Dummies) is an incredible setup with great features but I've always felt it needed better balance. Can anyone help me with modding or creating the following?

- Reconfiguring slave/monster base stats
- Disabling the max depravity stat buffs that Complex Breeding for Dummies brings back
- Restoring the harsher upkeep/soft pop cap penalties of older Complex Breeding and having some control over how to configure that rate/ratio
- Reconfiguring the monster quotas and continuing them infinitely, so you keep having to pay monster quotas in higher numbers forever rather than beating the game
- Increasing slave/monster value based on how many essences you've bred into them (Goblin with 10 demonic essence = more value than Goblin with 1 demonic essence)

I know how to edit some of these things for the base game but not how to edit it with Complex Breeding (+ For Dummies) installed.