3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
Number 1 rule of F95 which should be pinned in the homepage = Don't get attached to any game promoted here - they can disappear as fast as they appeared at any moment.

Most devs here are unreliable. Only a handful are trustworthy. Learning to move on here is a must to avoid disappointment.
I don't even try new games anymore, just "watch" the ones that look decent enough and have tags that interest me, and wait until they get the completed tag, that means that I'll play 2 games a year, but at least I won't be disappointed when good stories that I got attached to get abandoned...

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I don't even try new games anymore, just "watch" the ones that look decent enough and have tags that interest me, and wait until they get the completed tag, that means that I'll play 2 games a year, but at least I won't be disappointed when good stories that I got attached to get abandoned...
I would think it's more than 2 a year. There are a ton of games on here, and I don't struggle to find completed games with tags I like. That's me, though.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
I would think it's more than 2 a year. There are a ton of games on here, and I don't struggle to find completed games with tags I like. That's me, though.
Yeah, I was exagerating the numbers, but there are not really that many games that get the completed tag, sadly, most games get abandoned, or updates get very slow, most of the completed games, are uploaded with the "completed" tag from day 1, mostly japanese games for what I've encountered at least, for me at least, didn't really see pop a "completed" tag on my watched list, maybe 1 or 2 in the past 2 months, but hey, as long as they're good, don't really mind waiting for them.

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, I was exagerating the numbers, but there are not really that many games that get the completed tag, sadly, most games get abandoned, or updates get very slow, most of the completed games, are uploaded with the "completed" tag from day 1, mostly japanese games for what I've encountered at least, for me at least, didn't really see pop a "completed" tag on my watched list, maybe 1 or 2 in the past 2 months, but hey, as long as they're good, don't really mind waiting for them.
That's right friend, the vast majority of games remain in "perpetual development" spending years without seeing the end, but milking patreons, then there are the abandoned ones or in "onhold" and finally the finished ones... which are not finished because they are still They receive updates from time to time (fetish locator, for example).

It's a shame but that's how this world is.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
That's right friend, the vast majority of games remain in "perpetual development" spending years without seeing the end, but milking patreons, then there are the abandoned ones or in "onhold" and finally the finished ones... which are not finished because they are still They receive updates from time to time (fetish locator, for example).

It's a shame but that's how this world is.
Yes the world is like this, I add, incomprehensibly, because devs with remarkable skills in creating 3D art and animations do not rely on a skilled story writer (I think he is not difficult to hire) to create something that could certainly achieve unimaginable financial success, as has already happened for some dev.

Reactions: loikl

Bugbear32

Jun 3, 2020
I do the same. Every few months I will pop on, check my watch list, and download everything that is listed as Completed. I will also read the last page of comments on anything marked Abandoned - if it's not truly abandoned, it stays on the list.

Reactions: Husmi
3.00 star(s) 7 Votes