• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

sinsokira

Dec 13, 2018
anyone have any news on part 3, i been away for a while and it seems like there has not been much in the way of news

Nugnug96

Nov 24, 2020
anyone have any news on part 3, i been away for a while and it seems like there has not been much in the way of news
Pretty sure they came out and said a few weeks ago they admitted they’ve barely worked on it because they make just as much with shitty image sets

Reactions: hunt005

iliketestes

Mar 17, 2019
they released a preview for bloodlust part 3 recently, said it was like 70% done. Its on the 8muses forum

solidsnakeps3

Apr 4, 2020
Well that's promising news, the tease at the end got me really excited for part 3 since the first 2 are so good. It always hurts when a form of media teases another part then we never get it. Looking at you Eidos with Deus Ex... :cry:

Reactions: Hardcoreguy734

Meso

Aug 26, 2017
tbh i was surprised they even made progress. thot they were milking patrons with image sets instead
I mean, my understanding is that Miro basically admitted to that. Maybe someone else can remember the details better than me but there was a thing a while back where he posted on Patreon (and immediately seemed to regret it) and admission that he himself wasn't actually working Bloodlust and that the Patreon was only being used to pay for the imagesets he was now cranking out in Daz. I think this cost him a bunch of subscribers. Not a ton, since he still seems to have plenty left. Honestly, Miro strikes me as someone who struck gold once doing something for a laugh and now doesn't want to do it any more but he can't make money doing anything else.

DS3DX

Oct 19, 2018
No. It was the other way around, Miro was working on Bloodlust and was producing imagesets like Cypunk but those cut into bloodlust dev time so he brought on ppl like devglo and a couple others who were just using DAZ and training them in Miros Production pipeline was difficult because of Money and time Maya + Redshift renderer are really expensive, so to try and still produce content miro asked KVento to begin work on making cerene and the other girls DAZ Assets this cut dont the production time of sets but also removed Miros Siginiture quality feel. Eg look at Cypunk vs Seed of Rebirth if you can’t tell a difference eyesight is wasted on you.

People noticed the difference immediately some who were fine with it and a larger part myself included who were alittle erk’d by the quality drop because stuff stopped looking premium and just starts look run of the mill daz iray rubbish

*Edited* Corrected

Last edited:

Yustu

May 22, 2018
Glormpy I was under impression that Miro is using Maya, well I know it's using maya as tech previews are from Maya. Renderer can be redshift as it's more GPU optimized.

Also AFAIK Miro is using mocap now. This should cut some animation time but still due to the nature of content produced those don't help much.

Just my 2 cents.

DS3DX

Oct 19, 2018
Glormpy I was under impression that Miro is using Maya, well I know it's using maya as tech previews are from Maya. Renderer can be redshift as it's more GPU optimized.

Also AFAIK Miro is using mocap now. This should cut some animation time but still due to the nature of content produced those don't help much.

Just my 2 cents.
the renderer is redshift I get mixed up between and Max and Maya. Doesn't change or alter my point. both still expensive.

Bloodlusts Idles and walkingTalking will be mocap but the sex scenes are hand animated.

it's just that the guys bought on to do the imagesets were hard to train on Maya as is expensive and time consuming it's hard to make quality when people don't have the time and money to buy a £500 renderer per year because the free trial slaps REDSHIFT watermarking all over it.

Yustu

May 22, 2018
the renderer is redshift I get mixed up between and Max and Maya. Doesn't change or alter my point. both still expensive.

Bloodlusts Idles and walkingTalking will be mocap but the sex scenes are hand animated.

it's just that the guys bought on to do the imagesets were hard to train on Maya as is expensive and time consuming it's hard to make quality when people don't have the time and money to buy a £500 renderer per year because the free trial slaps REDSHIFT watermarking all over it.
Well from my POV I don't like Maya.
It's industry standard, but it's specific in use and Ui interface is awkward, for me at least (i.e. in 3DSMax there is concept of stack and modifier, same in blender, in Maya AFAIKT it's not the case so simple task like mirror geometry needs to be done by script ;/)

Funny thing is that You would think that using standard (Maya) will steer You away from issues, but it turns out that it's root of the problems.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong but the story | problem is:

a) money - Maya artist charge "industry" standard per hour so that was primary issue with hiring competent people
b) money - hiring Daz people and Maya license issue - AFAIKT Miro actually pays taxes etc.
c) move to Daz for imagesets proposed - porting models from Maya to Genesis 3 | 8
d) Daz render lacked quality

Is that what happened ?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes