VN Ren'Py Minigames (Need your opinions)

L

letravisual

Hello guys!

I have always wanted to create a game, to share my work with someone, but I didn't have any experience making games. Time has passed. I tried a lot of engines (learning just the basics) and I've been focusing on my drawing style. Finally, the time has come but... I need some help from you guys first.

1. I want to make a visual novel focusing on dates with girls and some incest content with mom, aunts, sisters and maybe some cousins (well, that would be the main work) but I want to start with short stories with simple mechanics: "choose your path" and maybe "grabbing some objects" (like VDateGames). Would Ren'Py be a nice choice? or maybe there's another (better) engine?

2. Plain text adventures are great, but I want to add some stimulation to the eyes. I like drawing so that won't be a problem, but I want to know if you feel comfortable with my skills. Drawing shadows and making more details would take too much time for me. So, knowing that... Would you, honestly, FAP with this material? Should I start my adventure or do you think I should keep practicing?

Oh, and... sorry if my writing is kinda messed up. English is not my first language, I'll definitely correct any grammar mistakes in the visual novel (or maybe asking someone for help), so don't worry. Thank you for reading!

Reactions: Wokeash and setter6

captainJugs

Jun 7, 2017
I think your artwork looks good!
However, I know this will take a bit of time but I do feel you need to draw the backgrounds as well. Or have the backgrounds in a similar drawn style, just not photos.

Best of luck with it all.

Reactions: letravisual
L

letravisual

To be fair, people fap to Summertime Saga, so yours is just fine.
Yeah, that's one inspiration actually. I think it's one of the best games here.

Oh and thanks for the support & likes, guys :)
I'll upload some more drawings on these days.

L

letravisual

Ok, this is it. This is gonna be the final interface.
I'll probably change the hero (I'm very inclined to create a straight-shota hero but I'm not sure), but the character design and backgrounds are gonna stay like that.
I hope to finish my first "child" in less than two months (considering it's a minigame). Wish me luck and thanks for the advice!

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
A bit late, but I hope you don't mind.

The artwork is good enough, but what bothers me about it are the faces. In the first one where we have the full front, it's really unsymetrical - I mean it's not that much, but enough to go into the uncanny valley territory - her right cheek is just a slightly bit larger than the left one and it looks just weird.

The last random scene, again, weird face on the girl - the guy is fine, but something is bothering me about her eyes and the shape of her head.

Faces are hard, so good job anyway, but there's always space to improve :)