ChampionXD

Jun 27, 2017
You think so? Could you elaborate the reason for that? I could make the rule for including male students optional but I had plans that would for example include "serving" male people. would that fall in the same area for you?
I think its mostly because the only male involved should be our character I don't like sharing haha i think you could make it an option but i wouldn't want it forced.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
I think its mostly because the only male involved should be our character I don't like sharing haha i think you could make it an option but i wouldn't want it forced.
Hmm I understand. The thing is, I want to create a school, where free love is the main agenda. Where everyone is able to do it with everyone else. That is one of the few main things I definitely want to have in the game.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
"I'm not getting rich off Patreon yet, let me try adding gay content to a game that initially didn't seem like it was going to include gay content at all"

...good luck with that plan

ChampionXD

Jun 27, 2017
Hmm I understand. The thing is, I want to create a school, where free love is the main agenda. Where everyone is able to do it with everyone else. That is one of the few main things I definitely want to have in the game.
I see I suppose for that sort of game you would have to have our character take a step back and let the male students have relationships but i cant say that's something i would be interested in especially if i like one of the female students and i walk in on her with some other dude :ROFLMAO:

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
"I'm not getting rich off Patreon yet, let me try adding gay content to a game that initially didn't seem like it was going to include gay content at all"

...good luck with that plan
the only gay content will be female with female. even though it runs on the concept of free love, I can't really work with male with male. So content will be only male with female and female with female.

Reactions: GreenOwl and Alex_L

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
I see I suppose for that sort of game you would have to have our character take a step back and let the male students have relationships but i cant say that's something i would be interested in especially if i like one of the female students and i walk in on her with some other dude :ROFLMAO:
yeah sry about that, but that's probably what will happen :D

ChampionXD

Jun 27, 2017
yeah sry about that, but that's probably what will happen :D
How much content is available currently? I just got the point where it says I've reached max stats for this update but i haven't unlocked any buildings and the only rule I could unlock was the one about students dating each other have i reached the end nothing is happening now?

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
How much content is available currently? I just got the point where it says I've reached max stats for this update but i haven't unlocked any buildings and the only rule I could unlock was the one about students dating each other have i reached the end nothing is happening now?
there should be the cafeteria with additional events. When you got all events there should be another message telling you, you got all events. For how to unlock the cafeteria, look here

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
the only gay content will be female with female. even though it runs on the concept of free love, I can't really work with male with male. So content will be only male with female and female with female.
Ok then I misunderstood. A few of your comments made it sound like you wanted to make it so the MC also messes around with the newly planned male students. For example:

(*emphasis added)

If you are just having male students bang female students, I would strongly suggest you build it in a way that this is optional, or you will never hear the end of it from the staunchly 'anti-NTR and all things NTR-esque' crowd.

AllenDeez

Dec 9, 2023
Can i get some help i am having trouble progressing the story and getting scenes is there an order to things should i be mean to students or be nice to them during the random events

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
If this is your view on the game, so be it, but you will have your target audience reduced significantly by doing so, be aware of that

If you can fit male students being optional, then i think you should do it (and it should be easy to do remove males for the player), since that would make your target audience bigger again

What you are attempting to do is one of those things that is very divisive and is an instant no-go for a lot of us

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Ok then I misunderstood. A few of your comments made it sound like you wanted to make it so the MC also messes around with the newly planned male students. For example:

(*emphasis added)

If you are just having male students bang female students, I would strongly suggest you build it in a way that this is optional, or you will never hear the end of it from the staunchly 'anti-NTR and all things NTR-esque' crowd.
If this is your view on the game, so be it, but you will have your target audience reduced significantly by doing so, be aware of that

If you can fit male students being optional, then i think you should do it (and it should be easy to do remove males for the player), since that would make your target audience bigger again

What you are attempting to do is one of those things that is very divisive and is an instant no-go for a lot of us
yeah I'll look into it if I can make it more acceptable for the anti-NTR crowd, but if I loose part of my audience because of that, then so be it. It will always be hard to please everyone, but if I loose potential players because they don't like my vision, then I can live with that. No offense. I still try to make it as widely enjoyable as possible but my core idea stays.

popcron

Sep 15, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/values.rpy", line 21, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/helper.rpy", line 948, in clear_log_file
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: 'cus_log.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/values.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "/private/var/folders/s2/7436kw9j2qx7r72wxzb8bcch0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/41A94035-38B6-4425-894F-1C8C4A57D4E8/d/MindTheSchool.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/private/var/folders/s2/7436kw9j2qx7r72wxzb8bcch0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/41A94035-38B6-4425-894F-1C8C4A57D4E8/d/MindTheSchool.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/values.rpy", line 21, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/helper.rpy", line 948, in clear_log_file
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: 'cus_log.txt'

macOS-14.1-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Mind the School 0.1.3A
Thu Apr 18 16:59:11 2024
Cant launch game

Reactions: More_Rice

Sera Zero

Jul 5, 2021
for some weird reason it tries to connect to github on launch or you get an error. online-only renpy game is a new one for me. :D

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes