VN Ren'Py MIND [Development Thread]

Nov 9, 2020
MIND BANNER 1.png

Welcome to the development thread for my first game 'MIND'.

I have actually been working at it for about a year now. There was a lot to learn since I was starting with absolutely no experience in anything other than playing these games :sneaky:. In the beginning, I was creating pinup renders while learning to use daz, so most of my , , and are mostly filled with renders that have nothing to do with the game for now.

PLOT:

'MIND' is part one of a trilogy (people love those), and is a simple story about a young man trying to regain some semblance of his old life back after tragedy. Through the course of the game he will change as a person in relation to the events he will live through. With multiple locations for the story to unfold throughout the town, the M.C. will find himself in many situations he hasn't had to navigate through before. There will be a handful of main characters, as well as a couple side characters and whomever else I add in along the journey. For now, this will be a straight forward visual novel, but I plan to add other game elements as I progress. By the end, the M.C. , still a young man, will have his sense of self, his morals, his wants, his mind develop into something new. For better or worse. . .

Gameplay:

For now, MIND is set to be a straightforward Visual Novel. There will choices to make, but I'm mainly trying to tell a story. Aside from the main story sequences, there will be instances between the M.C. and the rest of the cast. There will also be scenes that unfold unbeknownst to the M.C. and the lucky player will get to see it all.

Planned Content:

This game is planned to feature:

-Most kinks (except for the illegal and violent ones)
-Repeatable scenes
-Stage progression
-A relationship system
-Animation
-Multiple locations (not too many)
-And more

Make sure to visit my for more info, as well as the pinups I've been rendering since I first downloaded Daz Studio. Some of the characters you see there and on my may be featured in future instalments.

For now, here is one of the characters that will be Featured in 'MIND' :

Introducing, Alex Morris.
In her street clothes: Alex Morris.png In her nighttime wear: Alex Morris 4.png

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020
Alex Is a hip-hop dancer. She's on a successful local squad. In her younger days she was shy and timid, much to the annoyance of her older sister Chrissy. During a sleepover at her best friend Merci's house, Alex had eventually became comfortable enough to let her guard down and dance to her favorite song as it aired late night on M.T.V. Merci saw that Alex had a natural rhythm to her and suggested she accompany Merci to her dance lessons. Now, about a decade later, Alex has a solid friend circle, confidence in her abilities, and she's no longer that shy little girl she once was. . . on the outside.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Wow, those girls are sure are... aiming for unconventional standards of beauty o_O

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Does that mean they are ugly? Could you give me an unfiltered critique? And thanks for showing interest.
Being blunt, I think they have quite ugly faces and not at all to my taste. But that's like, just my opinion, man.

If these are your own creation I don't want to discourage you - the standards of beauty are arbitrary.

But if you want to read them, here are some words to describe what I think I see:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nov 9, 2020
Being blunt, I think they have quite ugly faces and not at all to my taste. But that's like, just my opinion, man.

If these are your own creation I don't want to discourage you - the standards of beauty are arbitrary.

But if you want to read them, here are some words to describe what I think I see:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lol thanks for the honesty. I'm used to making chubby ethnic characters (puffy cheeks, wide nose bases, wide set almond shaped eyes, etc.), but I've been working on expanding my roster. It seems certain characteristics are clashing. I'll see if I can tone some things down a bit. The jaws are similar shapes but smaller with the tweaking I've done. I had trouble smoothing out the chins for some reason. The natural scowl is a feature of just the mother and her daughters. I didn't mean to make it look unnatural though. I'll finish up the other characters and loop back for some final touches. Hopefully, I can get some more feed back, which is wildly different between the sites I post to. Also, now that I've learned about fetal alcohol syndrome, I'm positive I know a few people who have it.

reeeeee2323

Jan 15, 2019
Cheyenne's eyes scare me, but not in a sexy way, more like a primal way like she's going to turn me inside out.

Respectfully of course. Alex is really nice though, i like her thigh ratio, and she's cute!

Reactions: TheNihilProphet
Nov 9, 2020
Cheyenne's eyes scare me, but not in a sexy way, more like a primal way like she's going to turn me inside out.

Respectfully of course. Alex is really nice though, i like her thigh ratio, and she's cute!
Thank you for your interest. Yeah, I somehow didn't notice until the moment I stated posting on my patreon that she looked like a super villain lol. I've already been toning down her scowl.

There will be a character in the sequels who is like that though. This could be a good precursor for her.