RPGM - Mind and Magic [v0.09] [Axl/SleepDeprivedAxolotl]

1. 5.00 star(s)

olanker31

this game scratches so many itches that other hypnosis games don't quite land on. the game focuses on mindlessness, which is the niche i very specifically like, and the use of gadgets is a cool concept. I do wonder where the story is going as updates continue - the story hasn't completely sold me yet, but all of the girls as of right now are really solid, and I trust that this game won't go down the route of having "fluff" (many girls and actions with the same exact animations). Updates are slow but this developer KNOWS what people wanting mind control based games want. This is currently my favorite game on the website, and I really hope the content continues to be high quality and well thought out.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

PDP19

I'll just drop my two cents here. The game is still being developed so obviously my review would change from time to time, but we'll have to see if I can even bring myself to come back.

Okay, here's a short summary of the story without much spoilers. You are generic common man type no. 5; without any parents, without any income, but have a cute childhood friend who is also without any parents yet never seem to suffer from income. One day you get dragged by said childhood friend to a hole, you drop into it, meet some crystal and you now have magic powers. What powers, you ask? Well, wouldnt you know it, the power of mind control, because of course it is. So you proceed through the story basically honing your powers and take sexual advantage on the girls you meet. So far, thats the story. It does threaten to get more complex than this but really, this basically is the main point of the game: Control lady's mind and get knotted.

Gameplay consists of going round completing quests, but if I have to be honest there's really not much to it. You complete some fetch quests, but more or less 90% of the time you're just mind controlling some poor wench into giving out sexual favors, because that's exactly how to progress through the story. Have to say, not really impressed with this 'gameplay' because youre literally just spamming moves, with little to no drawback, consequence, or indeed any form of complexity at all. Ive more or less got Alice to her knees in the space of 30 minutes, just staying in her house like some fag and getting her to cum until she eventually submits to more actions. There's an option to talk, but really its just a placeholder because Ive never gotten the impression that it ever matters. Would be better if there were more into it - like you need to discover some secret shes hiding that would snap her mind in place, or you need to actually get her to like you enough in real life etc. Funny how the game makes a meal out of how poor brute forcing your way into another's mind is and that's exactly what we're doing, from a gameplay perspective.

H gameplay is just selecting what you want the lady to do and she'll do it. No strings attached. And no animations too, no VA, all you get are some text screens and a nice ahegao pic.

Speaking of pic. The art is decent but not really good, or at very least you can certainly see that its amateur. Sometimes that's not necessarily a deal breaker, but I have to say, its not getting my dick up. Just about every girl here is an avalanche of breasts, sometimes the proportions arent right, but whatever, Im not rating this down for the artwork because at the end of the day Ive seen way worse than this.

One last thing. The dialogue can be commended because at very least I dont get the impression I need to skip it. So at very least this game is well paced and doesnt drown you in anecdotes and poor jokes.

I guess to conclude, this is a decent effort at a game, but its clearly not fleshed out. The H is too easily gotten and essentially to even get it is tremendously shallow. There's barely any character building, or in fact characters at all. Most of the time your only investment here is to get the girls to do your bidding. They're not interesting because the game doesnt require them to be. Something to think about I suppose.

Can I recommend it? Well, Im on the fence, mostly because its still under development. I cant help but compare this (unfavorably) with book of lust, which is also still under development, with average artwork, but with far better and complex gameplay. At least in that game, I dont feel compelled to grind out each girl like there's some sort of cumsock quota.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

NanoRein

Review Version: 0.05

TLDR: Decent game with good art and a promising story. Has a few too many TO-DOs and QoL issues. Could easily be a 5 star once completed, would say check it out.

Gameplay Aspects
    • The map feels a bit empty, I know some games have an issue of having too many useless NPCs but this game could use a few here and there.
    • There's also a lot of unnecessary walking in the game. The rooms you need to pass to go to the library are completely useless except like 3 times and just become a chore to walk through every time. The city lacking a place to sleep, you not being able to skip time/check girls' status anywhere other than your PC also contributes to this.
    • Similarly to the first point, unlike other grindy games, you progress way too quickly in this game.
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    • The questlog usage is actually nice, you don't need to use a walkthrough or walk mindlessly for hours unlike some other RPGM games.
    • Minigames are a bit boring. I understand why the dev put them, as some quest items would be too easy to reach otherwise but they need some work at least. Don't know how though.
    Story Aspects
    • The story is quite interesting. It's a bit lacking as the game is v0.05 but it still made me read all of the text instead of skipping. It's a bit linear though, not that it's a bad thing but the few choices you make doesn't seem to do much. I personally prefer more interactive stories.
    • The main character is not clinically retarded and the girls' characters seem to have a bit depth to them other than being mindless pleasure dolls. It would be more fun if we could delve more in to the girls though.
    • You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Adult Content
    • The more basic western 2dcg style art might not be everyone's cup of tea but I quite like it. It feels more like the artist's style is like this, rather than the artist being inexperienced.
    • It's nice to not have to grind for hours just to see the corner of a nipple but just like I said earlier you get the content too easily in this case. Varying it between the girls and having more events in between could be nice.
    I would say that if you are a person who can re-visit a game, play it now. If not wait, as this game seems like it can be quite a banger when it completes.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

JustARandomGuy:D

Really good game,, try it if you have some time.
    The story is alright, it's good enough to not get annoyed or anything (maybe even like it), the characters look good as the art in general (not professional but hot).
    The gameplay is as any other RPG Maker, some bugs here and there but what you can do with the girls is pretty good and from what the dev has said it looks promising.
    As a mind control game, this one goes in a good way, the writting for the inductions are well done and the art complements it a lot. There isn't a THAT much of content in 0.03 (around 40 or 60 minutes), but all the implemented features and story events are pretty good.
    I really want to see how this one goes, and I'm waiting for next updates.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Dvpyro

This is a solid, if unpolished, mind control game. It's still early days for the game, I played v0.02b, but it's a solid foundation and I'm very interested to see where it goes. I did encounter a few minor annoyances, had to replay half the game because it just stopped accepting input during the scene where you meet Liz being the biggest one (though partly my fault for having not saved). Overall I do recommend it if you're into hypno/mind control, but just know that as of now it's very content light.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DarkDank

Good mind control game. If it's a girl in the game, you will probably be able to control her. Gives me a Soushinjutsu vibe if you've ever been able to play that series. Art isn't killer or anything, but it gets across the mindlessness of mind control, and you can project enough onto the designs to make the situations very erotic.
    Still early, but looks very promising.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Z49

the art style is so cute and the history looks promising. Would be nice to explain the controls in the menu, I think now is just click an walk but the weapons and armor section implies a combat sistem
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Syrett

a fine start, a fine demonstration.
    i've waited a long time for many things, and based on the first blog, the development cadence seems pretty good.
    not too much to say just yet, as there is only event of any significance.
    but based upon that event, it will be a fine game.
    also, the developer is brainstorming with people in discussions. which is neat. and from the sounds of the development path, it will be very accommodating game. not singular. this is pleasing.
    best of luck in development!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

destroyergd

for a 0.01 it's great, a great demo. It shows the overall vibe, the writing style, possibilities of story.
    There's 2 questions not answered so early in the development: will the game have actual choices to be made (choices that truly change the game/the story)?
    And what mechanics will the game have? So far, just talking, walking and "deepen" control. Will it have any management, combat, grinding? (I wish it don't, or at least, to have very little).
    The art is... questionable. It's beautiful, and cute, but not so sexual? It's different and I like it.
    One last wish: Fetishes. Put a lot of it :)
  10. 3.00 star(s)

LewdCatt

There is still few things that need to be added in the future update. Considering the game are still freshly new.

Pros
    - Nice Art

Cons:
    - Interface are too small, it's like playing in a 1920x1080 for a RPGM are quite off for me imo (I prefer like normal/big size interface like any others RPGM games)
    - Need Quest Log in the future, because i had no idea what i am supposed to do at the moment because i lost my track after going to the abandoned library. (Unless that's the end of the update)

Overall. i'll be playing this game until it reach to a proper gameplay with more contents to it. As for now, i'll put this into my watchlist.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

ShadowEri

Already commented, Is good, i will wait impatiently for more and cause I need to stretch this out so that I can rate it art is good too and the writing is better than a lot of other games as well. My only complaints are that I cliped out of bounds through Alice's shower and that it was short.
    I also didn't know when I had hit the end of the current content