4.40 star(s) 16 Votes

plasticman

Aug 14, 2018
is this the kagura version? if so does anyone have the fan translation instead of the kagura translation?

herbstpoet

Apr 18, 2018
is this the kagura version? if so does anyone have the fan translation instead of the kagura translation?
Seriously? How could this be the Kagura version? The OP was updated on May 5th 2022 and the Kagura version was released less than 24 hours ago.

TheMasterBatCat

Jan 28, 2023
I wish when Kagura Games released these I had a way to just update my existing Japanese copy with the new sprites, but alas...
I recommend buying the game through either GoG (my purferred choice =^-^=) or directly from Kagura Games.
GoG has a free DLC to unlock the naughty bits, but it's not available for all regions, EN link gog.com/en/game/milky_quest_ii
You can also buy it from Kagura Games, Linkage kaguragames.com/product/milky-quest-ii/
If the naughty DLC isn't available for you on GoG, just download the patch from Kagura site, it works fine.
Game is also 10% off, and only $12 USD if anyone is interested in supporting the dev!

So people don't have to go through fishie links I already did a catch, got a paw for this. I patched the game but included non-naughty files in a backup folder under data zippyshare.com/v/wJURams2/file.html (pass: MasterBatTheCat)

Quick note about my short time with it so far, the "SFW" no kitty bits version is kinda buggy and... weirdly written. Even with the patch the dialogue is changed quite a bit from the original too, like removing some 'age' related stuffs! Under the hood Kagura looks to have re-built the game and uses all English names for the files and even cleaned things up, removing lots of unnecessary files! Gameplay also runs slightly sped up I think, they switched to a newer wolf version with proper 60fps support, but some animations run much quicker as a result. X-X

Also first posties here, hope I did a good >-<

Last edited:

Grayrabbit

Feb 11, 2021
Instead of game it self, I could use some save file with all the girls here.
It really saddens me that I can't use my save file from JP version...

rulefire

Mar 11, 2018
Here is a full save for those that want the gallery unlocked, you need to also use savedata99.

Aside from the translation, the Kagura Games release is a bit sloppy, candle girl graphic has a mistake that needs to be edited to be fully uncensored (third capture) and they couldn't be bothered to take two seconds to edit the 'SystemGraphic' - imprisoned boy graphics. You can edit these with the uncensored graphics in this thread and DXExtract.

Future Retro

Apr 18, 2022
Gameplay also runs slightly sped up I think, they switched to a newer wolf version with proper 60fps support, but some animations run much quicker as a result. X-X
Aside from the translation, the Kagura Games release is a bit sloppy, candle girl graphic has a mistake that needs to be edited to be fully uncensored (third capture) and they couldn't be bothered to take two seconds to edit the 'SystemGraphic' - imprisoned boy graphics. You can edit these with the uncensored graphics in this thread and DXExtract.
Does the Kagura version still have the increased speed on animations that TheMasterBatCat mentioned and the graphic error that Rulefire noticed, or have they been patched out yet?

The game is on sale currently on GOG but I want to know what I'm getting into before purchasing.

Does Kagura have a history of leaving bugs in their releases or do they have a good track record for patching them out?

TheMasterBatCat

Jan 28, 2023
Does the Kagura version still have the increased speed on animations that TheMasterBatCat mentioned and the graphic error that Rulefire noticed, or have they been patched out yet?

The game is on sale currently on GOG but I want to know what I'm getting into before purchasing.

Does Kagura have a history of leaving bugs in their releases or do they have a good track record for patching them out?
Yesh, new version released apparently but I had to install it through GoG Galaxy for it to show up (really hope my felines can't see what game I'm playing =X-X=). On the website it downloaded v2, but on the Database thingies it shows v3 (EN 1.03, CN 1.01) released on 2023-01-29 gogdb.org/product/1268842583#builds which is newer than my previous version. I don't know what's different, but I can confirm the censored image for the candle girl is still in the files (I hadn't skittered that far into the game yet, didn't even know that was a thing =X-X=). Initially playing it I don't notice anything different, so probably not an important update.

Overall the game is pretty much the same as the original Japanese version unless you want to play the SFW version, but with official uncensored art and some writing changes. They did seem to remove a couple of annoyances I remember about the original, just small dialogue stuff that would stop you more constantly.

Been chatting with a fellow feline about the game and he'll probably be able to check what's up and fix stuffs, he's playing with it since he modded the original, personally hoping he removes the stupid kagura games intro thingsies =v-v=.

Reactions: Future Retro

EmptyNull

Apr 21, 2018
I think 1.03 fixes the catching the pink haired flower fairy.

With 1.02 I just can't catch her after trying around 25 times. (and yes I reduced her hp to just 1)

Reactions: Future Retro

TheMasterBatCat

Jan 28, 2023
My friend sent me a mod to fix the textures, he also made a mod to remove game overs to test things out. I don't know if he's released it or not, but he's going too later today so here's some linksies. =^-^= drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tns1oRYWhgrr43XirGO8ykfkGZ0JTm0q?usp=share_link
(Not sure what links are allowed here so hopefully this is ok =X-X=)

We found a few other censored images and stuff in the files but he doesn't know if they show up in-game or anything so he left them alone. I asked about the kagura logo thingsies but he said the game's code is still in Japanese, so he doesn't know if he can remove it safely or not since he can't read the actual code. Deleting the logo outright just crashes the game... =Q-Q=

(just realized I can link files directly, so I'm trying to do that too lol)

WookieNinja87

Oct 13, 2017
Was your HP low? Also which monsters were you trying to catch? I know the tree ladies and the elf can't be caught until later into the game. Otherwise there should be no problem in catching them.
I went and caught a fairy first. Then every literal enemy after that even the fairies just managed to shake me off after 1 try. I'm sorry but Pokemon is the same way now where they equate impossible catch rates as "difficulty" I'm not interested in a catch and collect type game that makes it nigh impossible to actually catch and collect until you are at the end of the game. It should be balanced and fair all the way through. Major turn off for me. I'd get hard to play and then literally soft because of the frustration of not being able to catch literally anything even the very first one that I did catch.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Sounds like you have a bug. The capture rate isn't that low, like maybe 70% as long as you reduce their health? Capture rate goes up the closer you bring them down to 33% health. Boss-like enemies have extremely low capture rates until you get the third tier pills. Second tier can supposedly get them but I wouldn't bother.

TheMasterBatCat

Jan 28, 2023
A mod to skip the kaguro intro thingies exists! =^-^= linksies drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-9rkCP8ouTRHi9oC6r7F6vpebetCynSU

Reactions: kingra

EmptyNull

Apr 21, 2018
Ok. I got the game from a public tracker. V1.02 I couldn't catch the pink haired flower fairy in it.
With the V1.02 linked in the op post I could.

Make of that what you will.

4.40 star(s) 16 Votes