Mod Ren'Py Milfy City - Lain's Walkthrough Mod + Cheat Mod [v0.71b]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hi, how do I turn off the incest patch in Mac? Seeing him call them "sister" and "mother" really makes me cringe.
Remove the patch.rpy and patch.rpyc files from your Milfy City(version) /game subfolder folder. The only things in this file are the changed default variables for Linda, Sara, Caroline, and Bob, and apparently Auntie. No idea who auntie is, I must not have been paying attention in my playthrough.

Removing the patch file will 'reset' the game to it's modified 'non-incest' state, which it was changed to after people complained on Patreon.

Imagine playing an incest game and then not wanting incest in it... :KEK:
Landladies need love too! Good 'ol Mrs. Turner (DoD)...

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Landladies need love too!
True, still kinda weird to me though.
Playing an incest game without incest is like going to a steakhouse and ordering tofu... :KEK:

I think the aunt is the lesbian with the bi gf? Where you can clean the pool?
I haven't played this in ages.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OhWee

asfasdfqwu292

May 10, 2022
Remove the patch.rpy and patch.rpyc files from your Milfy City(version) /game subfolder folder. The only things in this file are the changed default variables for Linda, Sara, Caroline, and Bob, and apparently Auntie. No idea who auntie is, I must not have been paying attention in my playthrough.

Removing the patch file will 'reset' the game to it's modified 'non-incest' state, which it was changed to after people complained on Patreon.

Thank you very much! What are some hotkeys of this game on Mac?

asfasdfqwu292

May 10, 2022
Why is Sara's relationship level still at lvl 3 even if I finished all of her content with the modded guide?

Also, after finishing Celia's weekend event, she sent me a message to meet her. However, she is nowhere to be found and no content is left for her according to the modded guide. What is that about?

asfasdfqwu292

May 10, 2022

Hi, how do I access the christmas special events?

dkmjdnemun

Nov 29, 2021
why do i get this when i try to openmod in game

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'mod/images/modmenu_home.png'>:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mod/images/modmenu_home.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/home/mc_room/morning/labels_mc_room_morning.rpyc", line 57, in script
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\dragdrop.py", line 460, in render
    cr = render(child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\1\Downloads\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\Milfy_City-0.71b-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mod/images/modmenu_home.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
Milfy City 0.71b
Sun Jul 31 01:15:14 2022

kccapps

Sep 4, 2020
I need help with how to do this. First off I have the main game itself as a folder on my desktop. I then click on the mod folder that is its own thing btw, and I copy it then I go into the main game folder then I paste. After that when I start the game the main games menu does not show up? On the top left it says in red text ( image main menu not found) ? then when I start the game....well yeah that does not work.
EDIT : I gotta know this. When I go to add a mod to a game it askes me to overwrite the stuff in the folder.....is that what is needed for this to work? The reason why I am asking that. Is the fact that when I go to paste the mod stuff into the game folder on the main game it just pastes into it without the prompt saying would you like to overwrite the data. Is that the reason why i'm getting an error ......if so how do I have it overwrite the stuff in the game folder then? It would be nice to look at a video on how someone puts it all together. :) I did some bootleg stuff to make the mod work but the incest patch wont work.....yeah ima need that patch working, so if anyone can help out with this problem I would be very thankful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotocochoro

Dynast

Nov 17, 2019
Can I somehow modify "patch" to changed in games names of characters on my mind?I've tryied to change names in "patch", but nothing changed. I either cringe when saw "brother" or "friend" in some scenes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Can I somehow modify "patch" to changed in games names of characters on my mind?I've tryied to change names in "patch", but nothing changed. I either cringe when saw "brother" or "friend" in some scenes
OK, so looking over various .rpy files, some of the dialogue alternates between two options depending on whether patch.rpy is present in the /game folder or not. So the variables contained in patch.rpy won't change any of these 'either/or' dialogues if the particular dialogue string doesn't contain one of the variables in question.

I did find one instance just now where the word 'brother' or 'friend' was still contained within the string instead of the 'intended after the fact' variable call. This may be what you are running into.

Keep in mind that this whole 'remove the incest' thing came along a number of updates after Milfy City was first released, when Patreon suspended the associated account until changes were made. The developer no doubt tried to modify all instances where 'brother/Mom/sister' was used to reference the variable strings, but due to how many different dialogue related .rpy files are used in the Milfy City game structure (dialogues are scattered across a number of different scripts, as opposed to say a single script), some were no doubt simply missed/not re-coded.

So, short form, if incest bothers you, remove patch.rpy and patch.rpyc from the /game folder, that should 'cover' most of the 'loose ends'. The rest of Lain's patch should work fine without it, as all it changes is the default variables in question. You'll be stuck with 'friend', so if 'friend' bothers you, I don't know what to tell you.

Hope this helps!

Note that the game is now abandoned, and Lain's been MIA since October, so unless some other modder feels the need to step up and try to address the 'loose ends', or if you want to extract the code yourself using unren-master.bat (available elsewhere on this forum) and try to fix it yourself, yeah your options are patch or no patch as far as the 'stray' dialogue lines that weren't modified with the new variables.

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Maybe Lord Ashram?

So far he has repaired and updated many of Lains old mods.

I don't think he would remove the incest though.
Milfy City is an incest game and removing that would make the game even weirder than it already is.

Dynast

Nov 17, 2019
OK, so looking over various .rpy files, some of the dialogue alternates between two options depending on whether patch.rpy is present in the /game folder or not. So the variables contained in patch.rpy won't change any of these 'either/or' dialogues if the particular dialogue string doesn't contain one of the variables in question.

I did find one instance just now where the word 'brother' or 'friend' was still contained within the string instead of the 'intended after the fact' variable call. This may be what you are running into.

Keep in mind that this whole 'remove the incest' thing came along a number of updates after Milfy City was first released, when Patreon suspended the associated account until changes were made. The developer no doubt tried to modify all instances where 'brother/Mom/sister' was used to reference the variable strings, but due to how many different dialogue related .rpy files are used in the Milfy City game structure (dialogues are scattered across a number of different scripts, as opposed to say a single script), some were no doubt simply missed/not re-coded.

So, short form, if incest bothers you, remove patch.rpy and patch.rpyc from the /game folder, that should 'cover' most of the 'loose ends'. The rest of Lain's patch should work fine without it, as all it changes is the default variables in question. You'll be stuck with 'friend', so if 'friend' bothers you, I don't know what to tell you.

Hope this helps!

Note that the game is now abandoned, and Lain's been MIA since October, so unless some other modder feels the need to step up and try to address the 'loose ends', or if you want to extract the code yourself using unren-master.bat (available elsewhere on this forum) and try to fix it yourself, yeah your options are patch or no patch as far as the 'stray' dialogue lines that weren't modified with the new variables.
TY a lot for your affort and time to check it, I was suprpised whed discovered that "patch" affects in way that dialogues changes just only for "patch" being in game folder, while variablities in it means nothing, and it pretty shame, how cool it would be if every player could write anything he wants, but like you notted game files are pretty complicated and various, for me it is like a maze, idk why author did it, maybe becaue game is still in develope.
P.S. I tried unren, already changed some other, not so complicated games, but after the decompilation of rpyc files game crashed with various of mistakes, I tried to fix them, but new one appears, so I decided to ask forum mates about their opinion
Maybe Lord Ashram?

So far he has repaired and updated many of Lains old mods.

I don't think he would remove the incest though.
Milfy City is an incest game and removing that would make the game even weirder than it already is.
It will be cool, and in somesort you are right, but I think that it will be nice thing if everyone can enjoy playing this game without any cringe or things that can spoil expirience in anyway, if some1 will set main hero as adopted, for example, it won't harm his play or anything like that

kccapps

Sep 4, 2020
Ok it took me a couple hours to figure out how to make this file shit work, but! I made it so nvm about the help for the install.

mohair

Oct 5, 2021
I'm stuck on s#18 Celia, after I do the vibrator event I go to Sara's class and Celia isn't there
I did everything again but it didn't work

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes