RPGM - Completed - Milf Town [Milftoon]

1. 2.00 star(s)

rampagedwayne

STORY
    You play a "horny teenager" in a typical fantasy world full of hot women. The protagonist is guided by his dick every step of the way, and as you play the game you find yourself getting in dangerous situations in order to get him laid, which frequently involves lies, coercion, and altered states.
    The game's story can be roughly divided into two halves. In the first the protagonist looks for ways to find the women from his home island, with his own mother being the main goal. In the second half the player ventures to new lands where other women exist just waiting for him to plow his way through them.
    In this genre of game it is depressingly common to see stories that involve characters who are over low moral character, and this game is no exception. Of course to a certain extent this is not only expected but not desired by the primary audience for this game, that being people who enjoy the comics produced by Milftoon. I still found how often the main character is a total monster to women offputting, though at least Milf Town has a sense of humor about it and knows how horrible he is.

GAMEPLAY
    The game engine is RPG Maker, and the gameplay is very strandard RPG Maker fare. There's lots of walking around towns, clicking on objects to inspect or loot them, some dialogue with characters, and even some puzzles. That's all well and good, but it's the blasted combat that tanks Milf Town. The game does nothing to distinguish its combat from what you see in any RPG Maker game. The actions are stock, the enemy sprites are stock, and aside from the use of some sexual terms there's nothing sexy about the combat. This game is also stuff with way, way, waaaaay too much combat for how basic and boring it is. I spent roughly one third of my play time just banging my head against the wall on grinding until I finally gave in and used hacks to gain more money than ever required, which can be spent not only on items but directly on level ups. Later on there were some extensive sections where you fight the same easy mobs over and over again that I also hacked to remove encounters from since you have to travel these spots way more than you would ever like. This game feels like a chore.

PRESENTATION
    Almost all of the assets seem to be stock RPG Maker material. There are only a few sprites that are clearly new or modified, and this even goes for the character portraits. This leads to a somewhat amusing situation where most of the important characters have stock designs, which makes the drawings and sex scenes of them rule 34 or RPG Maker in a sense.
    The actual sex scenes are well rendered, though they aren't presented particularly well. They take the form of 3:4 comic pages, but the dialogue is still handled through the RPG Maker text window, which obscured the bottom fifth or so of the pages. I couldn't find a way to hide these, which is annoying. There is an optional area later on that allows you to revisit these pages without the text, but it seems like a rather humdrum solution to the problem.

CONCLUSION
    According to this thread Milf Town released in 2012. By this point quite a few RPG Maker games had been released that really broke the mold and showed that you could do impressive stuff with it. This game is unfortunately not one of them. The horrible grind and prevalence of stock assets makes the whole experience dull. The original artwork is good, but it's not presented very well. Though the writing's humor keeps things going where other games would sink, the unabashedly monstrous main character will annoy most. I can only recommend this one to people who really like RPG Maker games and the fetishistic subject matter you would expect from Milftoon, and even then I recommend having a guide and cheat software handy.