Míster R

Jan 30, 2021
you were saying? :sneaky:

Although it is probably a moot point anyway, I think they might be working on another comic. :confused:
He is working on another comic, in his patreon post he says so, and he doesn't work fast enough to make a new VN update in a month, clearly he is working on another comic.

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
I would prefer if he continues as a game. Not every game needs to have branching choices.
but then what makes it different from his comics? the only difference would be one is accessed through an .exe and the other a .pdf or collection of images. Which I think is the point serge is making in that post, that's there no discernible difference between the two and if that's the case why take longer making it into a "game", because I assume it takes slightly longer to implement a single render into the game than as a picture, but that time will add up. I could be totally wrong on that though as i'm just making an assumption.

Last edited:

Míster R

Jan 30, 2021
View attachment 3644332
surprised nobody mentioned this yet, I think he should ditch the "game" because it's basically already a comic and the choices don't really have any affect on the story anyways.
I would prefer it to continue being a game, since it feels more interactive than a comic that is just reading and turning the page and I say how do you want the game to have options that affect the story if the story has practically not advanced at all since the first version

• Thinking Face
Reactions: claralover

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
I would prefer it to continue being a game, since it feels more interactive than a comic that is just reading and turning the page and I say how do you want the game to have options that affect the story if the story has practically not advanced at all since the first version
how is the current state of the game different from just turning pages then? its a slideshow.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
but then what makes it different from his comics? the only difference would be one is accessed through an .exe and the other a .pdf or collection of images. Which I think is the point serge is making in that post, that's there no discernible difference between the two and if that's the case why take longer making it into a "game", because I assume it takes slightly longer to implement a single render into the game than as a picture, but that time will add up. I could be totally wrong on that though as i'm just making an assumption.
I think that is a very big difference. A PDF file is a clumsy medium to delivery a story told using renderized images when compared to Ren'py engine. For starters he would have to reduce a lot the number of dialogue lines and narrative ones to avoid filling the pages too much, which isn't a issue when having a dialogue box in game format.
Also the height and width usually becomes a issue with PDF format. And the roll bar is clumsy too.

In the end PDF is a bad format for comics, something like .CBZ or .CBR are much better (more fluid and confortable) but they offer less protection for anyone wanting to copyright their work.

Last edited:
Reactions: cariadult

Myopical

May 22, 2021
although in the game he says that choices could give points for different endings, then there would be a reason for him to keep it as a game

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Different images for one. Different text for another. Not everyone wants the same thing everytime.

etarg

Oct 11, 2017
Serge was toying with animations, I guess they could still do a comic with animated portions like that one locker room one. Also dynamic sex scenes would be the only other thing we would miss (being able to control which position comes next, either or stuff).

4.00 star(s) 33 Votes