VN - Others - Completed - Midnight Ride [v1.3.1.0+DLC] [Horny NPC Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ドッヒ

Looking at the more or less recent trend in charage/moege/nukige with short to medium length titles and a single character focus, Midnight Ride fits like a glove and provides everything as advertised, and then some. It gets right to the juicy, sensual meat without beating around the (non-existing) bush. Every choice and its results are obvious and with more than 6 different endings you'll definitely have some nice variety which is commendable for such a short title.

I've read through it in <2h, but your mileage may vary, depending on if you use every H-scene to fap to completion, or not. You might end up revisiting it every day for a week or just enjoy Serena's titillating and gorgeous original model without touching your own. Maybe you'll even come back from time to time, it's that good and probably one of my evergreens going forward.

The devs struck gold with this one. Can't wait for Galactic Detour and possibly sound getting added to the original!! In the age of 3D VNs with walls of text between every scene this one makes for a nice change of pace.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Notretsam

This VN has everything you would want and it doesn't try an extend itself, it is what it is and ends when it ends.

There is so many VN's that am convinced the dev had no ending planned before release, this is not one of them. Each arc has an ending and they make sense, I very much approve of realistic story-telling, to the point the very last path is not something am a fan off, but it's realistic as a worst-case scenario for a woman in this situation.

There really no excuse for really bad graphics when using 3d IMO, this VN's graphics are strong and I know the devs, so can confirm they are very particular and go that extra mile with graphics, something I think shows in the fantastic renders.

Is it a bit short? Compared to most VN's it is but it's what it needed to be, it's really nice to see something completed but has some potential for more, these devs had a plan mapped out from start to complete, brilliant.

Also, I went and bought this on steam because it was that good.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Alfius

Nice but not perfect game :)

I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Was a bit on the short side, but I guess that was always the intention.

Model of the MC is gorgeous.
    The personality of the MC less so.

Her personality varied between being a total bitch and a somewhat nice character. Her sexual preference varied between a bit of a cautious
    prude to being a total slut. For me, she was not very consistent.

A couple of examples
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It does not really detract from the story, but I found that Although I could sympathize with her situation, I did not feel a lot of sympathy for her character.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

libertypics

It's a decent game but not sure I see it as a 4 much less a 5, I'm taking some of these reviews with a grain of salt.
    The engine alone is a clunky choice. It's like someone took Ren'Py and said how could we make this worse in every way, then further specifically applied it here to slow even that down.
    The renders are okay to good and there's diversity in what you can see content wise, definitely the two strong points of the game.
    That said the interface gets in the way in a manner that shouldn't have survived the beta process.
    The gallery option is decent.
    Not the worst offender for grind, although going back to the above, just using this terrible engine and slow interface is grind to an extent.
    It's... okay. It's got some areas that are good but when you subtract the subpar game engine and clunky interface, the end result is average to below average.
    I'd say 2.5 but since that's not an option I'll be generous and round up to a 3.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1514239

Fantastic VN (can't really call it a game, but it is what it is)

Pros:
    - MC is amazing.
    - Choices are straight-forward
    - The completed version really gives you a little bit of most everything (absent scat, golden showers and torture - but not really my thing)
    - You can get "good" endings that are h-scenes. But you can also get "bad" endings that are hardcore h-scenes.
    - I LIKE the engine.
    - If you explore the settings, it provides a tremendous amount of power to the user. You can auto-advance at 1-5 different rates (freeing your hands for, oh, I don't know, use your imagination) - almost like watching a movie with subtitles.
    - You can also set it on Skip to run up to the different decisions points.
    - You can save at any point in the game.
    - The "extras" has a roadmap so you can see what you have completed and not completed, along with a robust gallery.
    - After completing a "path" hitting continue allows you to go back to your previous decision point.
    - Honestly, this is BETTER than Renpy (and far superior to RPGM) for VNs.
    - No grinding whatsoever.

Cons:
    I only wish there were more content . . . but at least the dev didn't create long, boring pathways that lead to nothing. The only positions missing would be more "extreme" and that can be found in numerous other games.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

jojo0o

Can't help it, must give it 5 stars.
    Very nice looking game.
    My only complaint is that the game is very short, but on the other hand you see dozens of abandoned games that dreamt big and ended up as a short buggy demo.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Manifold

Damn are these short, tight, "vicious" little games the best...

Excellent renders, completed game, brilliantly simple story line, no bullshit idiotic plots, no walkthroughs, no search function on F95, no cursing at the computer screen, no blue ball rage, and absolutely no disappointment whatsoever.

And I love redheads. Five star rating, no question about it.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Cazzo_duro

Amazing game with very high-quality, detailed and realistic renderings and a nice plot with different branches and endings.
    The female models (in particular the MC) are very hot and sexy.
    The areas to be improved are the engine and the lack of animations, but for the rest the game is perfect.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Htyur

This is a nice, short visual novel that is very cheap and has nice amount of content for nearly every taste. The quality of the pictures is very good and main protagonist is very hot. The story is okay. There is not much to complain about other than wishing to be longer and I wish there could have been some animations. I do however hope that the makers of the game to make a DLC to add possibly more to it in the future.

All that being said this game, with its very low price point, gets a 5 out 5 from me.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

dabuzzkiller1

Great game. The quality of the CG is excellent and the main character is amazing. I prefer the hardcore content so it's definitely not for everyone. I hope the developer keeps in the direction he's been going as it's difficult to find the more hard-core oriented content.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Xpl0it

I love this game. Its exactly what i like.
    Cute little girl on her way home has to go through harassment and rape, just perfect!
    I dont share the opinion that the story lacks. It doesnt always have to be a 10 hour grind to eventually see someone nacked. The story as is, is perfectly fine and serves its purpose.
    Its a bit short (~30 min) but its still in early development(v.2.3.1) so thats no problem for me.
    Renders are amongst the best i have ever seen, especially regarding hardcore sex.
    Enjoyed every single bit of this game and wasnt disappointed.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

laliandra

beware spoilers below:

the story needs work. the first scene is the worst tbh, super cliché and unrealistic they both look like assholes although it seems the creator wants us to be on the side of the guy. it was super obvious she was going to get kicked, no tension whatsoever in that scene. the problem with a bad first scene is that we don't generate any kind of bond with the MC, it's hard to really care for her. after playing it fully i gotta say the game does get better. the renders are really good quality, mc and the other chick that appear are both gorgeous. if the mc was given a personality the game would be much more impactful, whereas as of now she's just there to get fucked/raped.
    i think in the sex scenes we're missing a bit of mc's thoughts and feelings and the male characters dialogue could be improved a bit as they get a bit repetitive and dull ("you were looking for this", etc) but overall they are good.
    from what i've got there's 3 routes, 2 consensual (one by getting a sort of aphrodisiac i suppose) and a rape one. i dislike non-consensual sex from the start in a game, but i gotta say that beyond that the scene seems super unrealistic. seems to me that you either go all the way and make the scene more violent or you simply make it so mc agrees to get gangbanged.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

gralthan

To start off, we have the best part of the game - renders. And these are really well done. The two girls that you have in this game are so pretty, especially the MC, which might actually be detrimental, considering the topic of the game.

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of the story setting up MC to be a bitch, especially with how cute and innocent she looks, but that's just my opinion. Otherwise the story is pretty straightforward. It's neither bad nor good, it serves its purpose as a background for the game.
    The dialogue is... alright, there's nothing really wrong with it, but it's nothing to write home about.
    It's very much a virtual novel to the bone, outside of some choices that affect the sex scenes you see, there's not much "game" in here.

And to the main reason you're here - the rape tag. First of all, I "like" the fact that the only unavoidable rape content is committed by the good looking dudes. Other than this, there's another rape scene with the mullet guy, but you can opt out of this one. In both cases, however, the MC doesn't really act like she's being raped. So if you're here for the rape content only, you'll probably be disappointed.

Overall, the renders are what holds the game together, and makes otherwise an average work, worth playing.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

samajst

Pro's:
    The main char and the other chick are hot.

Con's:
    To short for now, gameplay is 7 minutes.
    Wayyyy to farfetched, like I can't even pretend to consider believing anything any of them said

So make an actual effort in the lines/plot, or keep it like it is now (interesting to skip trough for a few min and some pic's)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game (Final) is:

Pros:
    -Great Game
    -Love the Dialog
    -Different Type of Story
    -Great Graphics
    -Many Different Scenes
    -Fantastic Closeups.
    -Different Paths

Cons:
    -Nothing

Total Ratings is:

This Game is Great,many different scenes and Taste...
    Each Path is completed,no open ending..
    Wish there where more stuff like this...
    Great Sex Scenes and Close ups...
    Renders are fantastic, even the shades & shadows are Perfect....
    Great Lesbian and Fisting Scenes
    100% worth the Download......
    Looking for More Stuff like this....
  16. 5.00 star(s)

VoidSite

Played wip1.1 full HD version.

Pro:
    - The game so far has 2 very beautiful girls.
    - No oversize unnatural boobs, perfect sizes in my own taste. Unlike almost every other game where the boobs exploding out of the clothes..
    - German translation was very good.
    - No catsuiting (Clothes look like actual clothes. Not like tailored around the breasts)
    - One of the two girls is wearing a bra.. LIKE A REAL WOMAN, unbelievable!
    - The render quality in the HD version is so over level that it looks like a Triple A product.

Con:
    - Very less content so far.
    - The "action" comes to early. You dont need 3 min of playtime to see everyone naked. So a bit teasing would be nice.

Seems like the game is going to be a quicky, even when finished. But has the potential to be one of the best games here, if it would offer lots of playtime and lots of different branches. I hope they plan to make it a long game with lots of descisions and maybe sandbox elements.

5 of 5 Stars from here.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

OneCanadianBacon

Beautiful renders and a great story and setting. Unfortunately as of this review the game is very linear since most pathways are not implemented yet. Short playtime but replayable. The game doesn't beat around the bush and gets to the action quickly. Overall it is worth your time, but is held back from a 4/5 by the lack of pathways.