Mod Ren'Py Midnight Paradise - Lain's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod [v0.14] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Ruby event only after complete Isabele story. Missing condition.
Hi,

not sure if can be fixed, but walk-through pop up updates in middle of playing through that scene after first choice is made. this is little problem when you have multiple instructions in walk-through pop up.
Guys, I did not run into these issues, I need more info.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Ruby event only after complete Isabele story. Missing condition.
I noticed I'm getting the same "Finish Ruby's Booty Calls" message from the hint/phone but nothing happens after completing them over and over. I've finished everything else, except for just picking up Isa's story after her kidnapping. Initially, I was having problems advancing Isa's story since the hints kept saying to go to her room in the evening, but after finishing the main story line, her story path finally opened up. Anyway, not sure if Ruby's glitch is a mod or general bug and wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue.

Last edited:

chuma

Oct 3, 2017
Guys, I did not run into these issues, I need more info.
The event with Ruby hangs active and it says what needs to be done - complete a beauty challenge. But it should be written that all events with Isabelle must be completed first. Because only after completing all the events with Isabelle, a new item with suction appears in Ruby's beauty challenge and this entry should appear in the quest, the one that is shown now.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
So I finally finished with my update to Lain's Mod for this, I was also working on modding the Gallery to unlock everything but even when I changed them from if/else to just the normal action buttons they still won't work unless you played that scene originally. Weird as hell as that shouldn't happen. I might figure it out later but for now my brain needs a rest after everything.

My Changes:
  • Updated for 0.15c Elite Content
  • Updated Lain's story_14 file for the 0.15c update fixes
  • Updated previous version with more context in Walkthrough
  • Added Cheat to be able to have both Eliana and Melissa

Link:

Note:
I'll give you guys a few days to play around with this, if everything goes fine then I'll move my mod into the game's main thread like I normally do. It'd help if some of you would start a new game to test out the mod and see how it goes. I didn't run into any issues with using my mod but extra eyes never hurts.

View attachment 1635218 View attachment 1635219 View attachment 1635220 View attachment 1635221 View attachment 1635222 View attachment 1635223 View attachment 1635224 View attachment 1635225 View attachment 1635226 View attachment 1635227 View attachment 1635228 View attachment 1635229 View attachment 1635230
Thanks for the update, i'll be starting a new game using the mod, if i encounter any issue i'll report it here o/

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
So I've had the same issue as the previous guys (Isa's and Ruby's tracking are a bit messed) as well after finishing the final sex scene with Isa if I press on the "Phone" it gives me this exception
Python:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
    return __get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _m1_00action_data__get_field
    raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable lain_complete14 does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/locations/natsukohome/livingroom/controllers.rpyc", line 14, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/isabelroom/controllers.rpyc", line 195, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/isabelroom/controllers.rpyc", line 229, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/apartment/mcroom/controllers.rpyc", line 43, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 441, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 570, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 878, in per_interact
    if self.is_selected():
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 866, in is_selected
    return is_selected(self.action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 398, in is_selected
    return any(is_selected(i) for i in action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 398, in <genexpr>
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 401, in is_selected
    return action.get_selected()

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Midnight Paradise 0.15c
Sat Feb  5 23:15:06 2022
I've attached a savefile if you need to check it out.
Thanks for doing this for us.
View attachment 1-2-LT1.save

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Yeah I ran into the same issue with Ruby's event not showing as complete even after doing all the Booty calls as well. On top of that the walkthrough immediately jumped me to go to Isabella's room in the evening, but didn't state I needed to do all her Booty Calls first before I could trigger the event apparently.

Edit: Going through the Isabella storyline events and the walkthrough seems to be triggering the pop-ups for the steps early, as soon as I entered the room for the first evening it immediately jumped to the next one to go to the streets before I had even finished, and now when I went back to investigate her room it immediately switched again before I could click on all the items and head to the hospital it's giving me instructions to embrace Isabella or not and so on and so forth. Basically the walkthrough seems to be triggering one step early each time right now for her route.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I've had to stop subbing to her because quite honestly with no posts or updates from her in some time on subscribe star, I am just throwing money into a fire for no reason. when and if she comes back I will resub to her if she updates her mods.

Last edited:

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
For those having issues, did you apply my mod to a clean version of 0.15c Elite?

For those having the Ruby/Isa issue, I'll need a save preferably just before and during the issue so I can track that down and again I didn't run into any kind of issue with that so I need some saves to try and figure out what's going on with that.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
So I've had the same issue as the previous guys (Isa's and Ruby's tracking are a bit messed) as well after finishing the final sex scene with Isa if I press on the "Phone" it gives me this exception
Python:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/locations/natsukohome/livingroom/controllers.rpyc", line 14, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/isabelroom/controllers.rpyc", line 195, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/isabelroom/controllers.rpyc", line 229, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/apartment/mcroom/controllers.rpyc", line 43, in script
    self.call("execute")
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 441, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 570, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 878, in per_interact
    if self.is_selected():
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 866, in is_selected
    return is_selected(self.action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 398, in is_selected
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 398, in <genexpr>
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 401, in is_selected
    return action.get_selected()

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Midnight Paradise 0.15c
Sat Feb  5 23:15:06 2022
I've attached a savefile if you need to check it out.
Thanks for doing this for us.
View attachment 1636921
All instances of lain_complete14 were changed to lain_complete15 so I'm gonna have to dig through your save and see what's going on.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Yeah I ran into the same issue with Ruby's event not showing as complete even after doing all the Booty calls as well. On top of that the walkthrough immediately jumped me to go to Isabella's room in the evening, but didn't state I needed to do all her Booty Calls first before I could trigger the event apparently.
I did all the girls' Booty Calls last with no issue no I'm not sure in the game nor in the Walkthrough.
A save just before and during the issue will help, also was my mod installed on a clean version of the 0.15c Elite version of the game?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I did all the girls' Booty Calls last with no issue no I'm not sure in the game nor in the Walkthrough.
A save just before and during the issue will help, also was my mod installed on a clean version of the 0.15c Elite version of the game?
Just did a clean playthrough from the beginning and had no issues until I had to do all of Ruby's booty calls. The final blowjob one wasn't showing up until I advanced Isabel's booty calls. The walkthrough doesn't say to do hers at all, it just says to advance Ruby's.

Also when Isabel is kidnapped if you rollback or load in the middle of it the current "what to do next" thing changes to the next stage and you lose the instructions on what hospital room to go to, what apartment to check, etc, or at least I did. Loading a save before the kidnapping event resets it back to normal it seems.

The final issue I had was once I had completed everything. Clicking on the phone just spits out a shitload of errors and you're forced to quit.

Aside from those 3 things, it's basically working perfectly as far as I can tell. Except it's still called "Lain's walkthrough" instead of "All aboard the crazy train!" with appropriate music. ;)

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Just did a clean playthrough from the beginning and had no issues until I had to do all of Ruby's booty calls. The final blowjob one wasn't showing up until I advanced Isabel's booty calls. The walkthrough doesn't say to do hers at all, it just says to advance Ruby's.

Also when Isabel is kidnapped if you rollback or load in the middle of it the current "what to do next" thing changes to the next stage and you lose the instructions on what hospital room to go to, what apartment to check, etc, or at least I did. Loading a save before the kidnapping event resets it back to normal it seems.

The final issue I had was once I had completed everything. Clicking on the phone just spits out a shitload of errors and you're forced to quit.

Aside from those 3 things, it's basically working perfectly as far as I can tell. Except it's still called "Lain's walkthrough" instead of "All aboard the crazy train!" with appropriate music. ;)
Pretty much all the same issues...basically the hint/phone isn't specific about the order in which you have to do certain paths first. Additionally, there is a glitch during Isa's kidnapping in regards to the hints...I only was able to get through it since I took a screen shot of the hints before I started the event so I kinda figured out what I needed to do.

++Updated++
So I too got a shit ton of errors when I accessed the phone after finishing Isa's current storyline. The morning after going all the way with her, the phone just crashes the game and even if you roll back, it will go back to the previous screen, but will crash again the moment you try to look at the phone. On the plus side, it finally showed Ruby's path as complete when I loaded up a save from right before we go to the Spa with Isabel. So weirdly enough, the Isabel 'error' at least took care of the hints saying to finish Ruby's 'booty calls'. Either way, I'm guessing once we finish Isabel there is no more story either way, I just hope when the next update does come out, it doesn't corrupt my save.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

grogoo

Jul 1, 2020
So I finally finished with my update to Lain's Mod for this, I was also working on modding the Gallery to unlock everything but even when I changed them from if/else to just the normal action buttons they still won't work unless you played that scene originally. Weird as hell as that shouldn't happen. I might figure it out later but for now my brain needs a rest after everything.

My Changes:
  • Updated for 0.15c Elite Content
  • Updated Lain's story_14 file for the 0.15c update fixes
  • Updated previous version with more context in Walkthrough
  • Added Cheat to be able to have both Eliana and Melissa

Link:

Note:
I'll give you guys a few days to play around with this, if everything goes fine then I'll move my mod into the game's main thread like I normally do. It'd help if some of you would start a new game to test out the mod and see how it goes. I didn't run into any issues with using my mod but extra eyes never hurts.

View attachment 1635218 View attachment 1635219 View attachment 1635220 View attachment 1635221 View attachment 1635222 View attachment 1635223 View attachment 1635224 View attachment 1635225 View attachment 1635226 View attachment 1635227 View attachment 1635228 View attachment 1635229 View attachment 1635230
It doesn't work on linux there are issues with the story_14 and lain_overrides files.

Reactions: Punto

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
This is the part that has me scratching my head the most as I did Ruby's Booty Calls before I did Isa's. As a s matter of fact I had both Joyce & Ruby up to doing their Booty Calls in the Walkthrough but didn't bother to do them yet before getting to the Isa kidnapped storyline. But I can easily add a step in Ruby's Walkthrough part to complete Isa's Booty Calls before you can do Ruby's. Though I will dig some more in the code to see if I overlooked anything.

That is on LewdLab and how he coded her event level advancing in the 0.15 section of the game plus him blocking you from accessing the phone if you close it during that section of the game. I had coded in that part of her Walkthrough for it not change during the meet her at the streets events level and the hospital + apartment even level but I should have put a note to not close the Walkthrough window during that part of the game.

The only thing I didn't do was complete all of Ms. Jane's events since there was nothing new for her in this update but had completed everything else without issue but did update all the labels in the Walkthrough to be 15 instead of 14, or so I thought.

Normally I keep plenty of save spots in a game that I am modding but of course the one time I don't is when I needed it the most. If anyone still has a save before you go to the Streets to start the Isa date/kidnapping that would help greatly.

I've also been battling a cold this weekend got me feeling like crap so I'm not getting much done until I feel better but I'll do my best to resolve these issues.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Update:
I did find this:
mpf1.jpg
And added this to fix that:
mpf2.jpg
So yeah I did overlook this and fixed that. I guess I did start Isa's Booty Call first and forgot.
Anyways I did update my mod for this as this is the only thing I've accomplished today, this fucking cold still got be feeling like shit still.

As soon as I start to feel better I'll look more into the 2 other issues but not sure what I can do other than put a warning to not close the window for the Isa kidnaping as that is due to how LewdLab coded that but I'll see what all I can do.

anatarash

Feb 1, 2022
hello guys, It looks like i Just finished all that It could be played. ( booty call and all that stuff) the only things left are the replayable eventus wit the teacher. i sneak for the second time in Logan room, meet the landlady for a last close encounter and then? there s nothing else to do? Is this It?

anscho

Mar 3, 2020
soooo...is this mod "taken over" or taken care of by someone else officially now until lain returns? is it compatible with the latest release of midnight paradise?

and anyone knows what exactly is up with lain? asking out of curiosity

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
soooo...is this mod "taken over" or taken care of by someone else officially now until lain returns? is it compatible with the latest release of midnight paradise?

and anyone knows what exactly is up with lain? asking out of curiosity
I've unofficially taken over the mod and will do so for the foreseeable future, while I try to iron out a few bumps.

My mod was made with 0.15c which is the latest version of the game as of right now. If you had checked my mod's version and the game's current version then you would have seen that and would not have needed to have asked that.

As for Lain, we can only speculate if or when she will return or not and I will not do that.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Fixed another issue:
  • Modded game for Isa's 0.15 content so that the game doesn't cause the mod to jump the Walkthrough
I would have gotten to this sooner but that damn cold had me doing next to nothing until I got better.
So now to see what's causing the mod to crash the game after you complete everything.

momlover3000

May 17, 2021
Code:

While loading <'Image' u'mod/images/modmenu_home.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mod/images/modmenu_home.png'.

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/livingroom/controllers.rpyc", line 65, in script
    ����3,�T>�>�_�Fj��̖Ls����7sq8�\�O)X`&������b����:.�<�S�����3���V�Q.&狍������lj��Ƌ��Tսj��b|�^!:��4�s��T� �7�,$���|>d��B&Ԋ��:�|�ϴ�S��m�{&}:K�4�r%��$��l��(�4W�n4�m�Л+v�}vݨ
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3839, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2565, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 826, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 527, in render
    return render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/dragdrop.py", line 461, in render
    cr = render(child, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 625, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 706, in load
    raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mod/images/modmenu_home.png'.

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Midnight Paradise 0.15c
Mon Feb 14 17:50:05 2022

i cant even open the phone option . if i open the phone option then i am getting this error . i intstalled the compressed version of 0.15c elite . what should i do ??

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes