Others Middle Manager [Alpha 1] [LittleButton]

DSWLord

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2018
Hello,

After playing your game, I noticed a significant screen scaling issue. Whenever I minimized or adjusted the window, a considerable portion of the UI elements (such as buttons and labels) became distorted. Even upon maximizing the window, some UI elements overflowed. Given that your game heavily relies on the UI, I suggest addressing it sooner rather than later, as delaying the fix might make it more challenging.

I recommend looking into tutorials on how UI works in Godot, such as "Godot UI Basics" by Godotneers.

Despite the limited content, your game has a cool concept. Best of luck with your development efforts!

Reactions: Erostudios

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
He literally says "AI art is temporary". I don't get what's so wrong with that. Also there is this one guy bets that I'm his mother. What did I win from this bet? I literally have never talked with the developer yet. I just wished him a good luck. I don't think he deserved your critisize this much. Where does this hatred come from? Let him cook people, just let him cook.
Bullshit, because if they want to just slap in temporary placeholder art they don't need to use AI. There are multiple options for people who cannot draw or afford to hire actual artists; the site is filled with 3D CG and repurposed game assets (e.g. Honey Select, Koihatsu Party, etc.). But no, they have AI front and center at the top of the OP to draw attention. Fuck everyone else who had their original work stolen by Silicon Valley Tech-Bro's and Venture Capital Ghouls, so long as they get theirs...

Let them cook? This shit is indeed raw. Hell, they still have the ingredients sitting in the panty. Maybe they should have actually cooked something before waving around their tip-jar?

They're just getting a crash course on the meaning of the phrase 'You never get to make a second first impression'.

Marduke

Jun 12, 2019
There's undercooked, there's raw and there's this game that has no real finished art but the author already set up a subscribestar...

LittleButton

Game Developer
May 2, 2024
I apologize for the terrible release, I had though the game was better and it was not, so I am reworking things now to make it better currently I am-

Adding better UI and background art to support the UI, hopefully wont be as bland

Reworking combat so it a little slower since Gadot it calculating it quickly and so it feels less like a battle and more like a button press, I also plan to add variety by giving enemies charged attack or special attacks and maybe even add some life the the grunts by getting busts for them and or by adding more characters like the execs in the intro, also better if I get some busts for them. I am also adding a improved map, because I had plans for a better map but I didn't get around to it

Management system, which I am going to do better with by adding more content to it by, adding the prison and hopefully use it when I get some art for character corruptions, improve the daily tasks so that they feel a little more alive than just a list, adding actual consequence to the days left ending, make the minion disobedient and preventing you from conquest your enemies.
I will also make the upgrade tree better so it isn't a static click to move on, I also want to add a bit more to make the life of a middle manager, slightly more frustrating to deal with.

I currently do not have scenes in the game because I am still trying to get the art (everything is so expensive). Once I get those I will implement them immediately.

I am probably keep with engagement but the next release will be a bit later since I have a long list of things to do. So once again I apologize, I am new to all this but I am not saying that so you cant scrutinize me. I am saying that I can ask you to be a bit more patient with an idiot like me.

LittleButton

Game Developer
May 2, 2024
Btw I had used my own art skills then used AI using a touch up feature, only my drawing if you prefer looked like this, I tend to dislike my own work, so I had been practicing but not at the pace I need it to go, So I went looking for a artists

LittleButton

Game Developer
May 2, 2024
Hello,

After playing your game, I noticed a significant screen scaling issue. Whenever I minimized or adjusted the window, a considerable portion of the UI elements (such as buttons and labels) became distorted. Even upon maximizing the window, some UI elements overflowed. Given that your game heavily relies on the UI, I suggest addressing it sooner rather than later, as delaying the fix might make it more challenging.

I recommend looking into tutorials on how UI works in Godot, such as "Godot UI Basics" by Godotneers.

Despite the limited content, your game has a cool concept. Best of luck with your development efforts!
Thanks for letting me know, I had planned to put that in before releasing but I had forgotten to do so, I will put that on my list

Reactions: DSWLord

LittleButton

Game Developer
May 2, 2024
There's undercooked, there's raw and there's this game that has no real finished art but the author already set up a subscribestar...
For the Subscribestar I can just remove it if it bothers people, so give me a sec to figure out how to update the page and Ill remove it until I have something better, to be honest I had put it in just for the sake of have it, I do not expect people to flock to or care.

LittleButton

Game Developer
May 2, 2024
Bullshit, because if they want to just slap in temporary placeholder art they don't need to use AI. There are multiple options for people who cannot draw or afford to hire actual artists; the site is filled with 3D CG and repurposed game assets (e.g. Honey Select, Koihatsu Party, etc.). But no, they have AI front and center at the top of the OP to draw attention. Fuck everyone else who had their original work stolen by Silicon Valley Tech-Bro's and Venture Capital Ghouls, so long as they get theirs...

Let them cook? This shit is indeed raw. Hell, they still have the ingredients sitting in the panty. Maybe they should have actually cooked something before waving around their tip-jar?

They're just getting a crash course on the meaning of the phrase 'You never get to make a second first impression'.
There is no second impression nor is there a fundamental understanding of a finished project or how things need to be before released. And with no sarcasm I fucked up, I had though I had something better and community backlash is a good way to understand that you do not and I understand you will never give it a thought again and I am sorry for wasting your time with a early alpha build with has nothing more than the core mechanics mixed into gameplay, I will repent by keeping working on it so that those who stay can have something good, so if you do not then you do not have to stay