• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mesh Grabber for Daz. A MUST HAVE tool

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
daz has improved very little in the past 8-10 years, if not at all.. it is still a complete disaster for new users.. all the core problems (with smart content, installing and "finding" content, categorizing and so on..) are still there.. you still need tutorials on how to make stuff amde for G3 to work on G8, which is nothing short of retarded. it's also a true shame how daz could not utilize any of Python's capabilities for so long, which is an extremely intuitive programming/language (used in creating daz). daz appears to be a dead app, cashing only on 3d parties' sales, waiting to be replaced by just anyone..
Daz studio has a lot of (real) problems but none of these are imo.

Reactions: lancelotdulak

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
Daz studio has a lot of (real) problems but none of these are imo.
How are they not? "Lost and found"? Really? I work on Python an you can teach it to recognize unbelievably complicated segments and objects, actions and behaviors, and to even predict and guess intuitively far into the future, and you're gonna tell me it still can't know a skin in Daz if it's not recognized, even that it has identical shape with the rest of the skins? G3 to G8 is not Blender to Daz, and yet Daz is clueless wtf is that object.... while both G3 and G8 were developed by Daz? come on.. Regardless if we can learn to babysit it 90% of the time we should not be bothering with such crap at all. And yes, this is just the surface.. You go deeper - you're done...

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
How are they not? "Lost and found"? Really? I work on Python an you can teach it to recognize unbelievably complicated segments and objects, actions and behaviors, and to even predict and guess intuitively far into the future, and you're gonna tell me it still can't know a skin in Daz if it's not recognized, even that it has identical shape with the rest of the skins? G3 to G8 is not Blender to Daz, and yet Daz is clueless wtf is that object.... while both G3 and G8 were developed by Daz? come on.. Regardless if we can learn to babysit it 90% of the time we should not be bothering with such crap at all. And yes, this is just the surface.. You go deeper - you're done...
You can make and manage your own categories without using "smart content" (never used). It's as fast & reliable. Or directly use your content library.

DAZStudio_HjnrS3cZC3.png

Reactions: TheDevian

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
You can make and manage your own categories without using "smart content" (never used). It's as fast & reliable. Or directly use your content library.

View attachment 543322
I get what you're saying, what I meant was after over a decade later since I first used Daz (for like a week, not like a pro) I expected to see to auto-categorize absolutely any asset and content - it is not hard at all - and Python makes it happen.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
daz has improved very little in the past 8-10 years, if not at all.. it is still a complete disaster for new users.. all the core problems (with smart content, installing and "finding" content, categorizing and so on..) are still there.. you still need tutorials on how to make stuff amde for G3 to work on G8, which is nothing short of retarded. it's also a true shame how daz could not utilize any of Python's capabilities for so long, which is an extremely intuitive programming/language (used in creating daz). daz appears to be a dead app, cashing only on 3d parties' sales, waiting to be replaced by just anyone..
While daz is far from perfect i radically disagree with you on most of this. Sure there should be autoconversion built into daz between characters. but most of your criticisms are simply wrong. Daz Constantly updates.. if youre claiming it hasnt changed you havent been actually using it. Dforce anybody? As for smart content and the organisation system.. their database system is.. well just bad. But im pretty sure it's that way on purpose to get people to stay connected to daz (for tedious reasons). But most of the problem with content organisation imho is how creators organise their products. It's deeply annoying to me to have to click a creator name, sub asset, etc etc just to see whats there. Content should be far better organised

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Quick tidbit. You first have to left click on the geometry, then right click on the sphere to get the menu with the reset portion.
If you do not, it will just come up with a menu to choose how you want to select point. That very well could be what it means by "with the tool active". In my peon of a brain, it just read "click on mesh grabber in Tools>Mesh Grabber" to activate it.

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
While daz is far from perfect i radically disagree with you on most of this. Sure there should be autoconversion built into daz between characters. but most of your criticisms are simply wrong. Daz Constantly updates.. if youre claiming it hasnt changed you havent been actually using it. Dforce anybody? As for smart content and the organisation system.. their database system is.. well just bad. But im pretty sure it's that way on purpose to get people to stay connected to daz (for tedious reasons). But most of the problem with content organisation imho is how creators organise their products. It's deeply annoying to me to have to click a creator name, sub asset, etc etc just to see whats there. Content should be far better organised
And how what you're saying is different than what I'm saying? :)))

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I'd have to disagree with you on the new user aspect. I was able to jump right into it because it was quite easy to use, and I've never used any sort of previous 3D software. As for Organization. I found it much easier to just create my own libraries and sub-directories so that I could have a perfect organization system, and Daz3D handled my organization fine.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
no comment
Heretic! :KEK:
Tbh most of the progress they made where done in between 4.11 and 4.12, with dforce, strand based hair, IK chains, and the new animation stuff.
Before that it was mostly bug fixes, getting the most out of iray and very few additions to the functionality. But it was about time, they HAD to push their developement if they wanted to stay relevant, and they still have to...