• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Take that back right now or forfeit all you love ... Donut Islands are real and one day I shall live there with 30 cats.
There is indeed a place known as Donut Island (not plural) in New Zealand, and it's beautiful. It's real name is Whenuakura. But after Donutistan I just don't think that's the one MrDots had in mind haha.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I don't mean to be rude but google can tell you all this.
Plenty of times I have seen the "just Google it" argument instead of posting actual sources. I have seen countless times people who jump to this argument that Google has all the answers, yet they actually misinterpreted whatever they tried to searched. When I see people use this argument instead of posting sources, makes me wonder if they actually know what they are talking about. lol.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Plenty of times I have seen the "just Google it" argument instead of posting actual sources. I have seen countless times people who jump to this argument that Google has all the answers, yet they actually misinterpreted whatever they tried to searched. When I see people use this argument instead of posting sources, makes me wonder if they actually know what they are talking about. lol.
I didn't get it from Google, I got it from my girl, she works security for the court in town. She stands there watching these cases all day for 5 days a week. I can't post her online though but information is pretty easy to find on the web.

She's worked there for 10 years and I make the mistake of asking how her days been and get the stories. After the seventh divorce/break up of the week with the same outcome a pattern starts to form.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hmm, one must wonder how you came up with that number of cats as your ideal number.
Well, if one of them is Cat Benatar, and the next is Cat Stevens, you could name a few after Josse and the Pussycats, Catty (Cat-Dee) Snider, Cindy Laupurr, Alice Coopurr, Blue Oyster Cat, Catdonna, Elvis Catstello, Eric Catton (Clapton), George Catton (Clinton), Kitty Rogers, Kitty Loggins, Linda Roncat, Olivia Catton-John, Katty Smith, Steppencat, Alains Morriscat, Cats Domino, Furry White, Katti Page, George Mycat, Paul Ankat, Aretha Frankat, Feline Mac, Furank Zappa, Fogcat, and Dave (Seville).

...That was harder than I thought. :winkytongue:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hmm, one must wonder how you came up with that number of cats as your ideal number.
I watched a show about a woman that shares her home with 1100 cats.

They look so adorable but I think 1100 is stepping into crazy cat lady territory so I think 30 is a nice respectable number where I won't look completely nuts and people will still talk to me. It would give me enough to wake up every morning to a pile'o'cats on the bed to snuggle with.

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018

They look so adorable but I think 1100 is stepping into crazy cat lady territory so I think 30 is a nice respectable number where I won't look completely nuts and people will still talk to me. It would give me enough to wake up every morning to a pile'o'cats on the bed to snuggle with.
Okeey Dokeey. Moving back slowly so as to not startle anyone. Make my excuses and head for the door...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Okay, 30 was hard enough, I will leave it to the rest of you for the other 1070 names. :winkytongue:

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I didn't get it from Google, I got it from my girl, she works security for the court in town. She stands there watching these cases all day for 5 days a week. I can't post her online though but information is pretty easy to find on the web.

She's worked there for 10 years and I make the mistake of asking how her days been and get the stories. After the seventh divorce/break up of the week with the same outcome a pattern starts to form.
I'm supposed to just take your word? That's just more hearsay. Let's say I do take your word, one thing you're forgetting, common-law marriage may be recognized where you live, but it isn't recognized everywhere.

Also including "...but information is pretty easy to find on the web." Is just a different way of saying "Just Google it." Which was my point of instead of listing actual sources you deflect and point to the web instead.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
I don't care if you do or don't, I stated what I know now it's up to you what you do with it.
His point is your knowledge of the issue is not universal or reliable. It's not even first hand knowledge, but "I was told by somebody who knows something" style hearsay. It may well apply where you live, but it's only one small possibility of the many different real laws the game can draw inspiration from. Your knowledge is not as all inclusive or as exhaustive as you act like it is.

Sure, people could find the answers on Google. Problem is Google will both back you up and contradict you completely. It's all about the context of the situation in that exact jurisdiction, and the results can vary even in the same set of laws.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
The two words are synonyms. Both are correct to use.
I'd think selfless would be more in line with being altruistic whereas being unselfish would just be more about being less concerned about your own interests. It's somewhat nuanced, and it wouldn't personally bother me if they were used interchangeably.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes