4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

carter111

Jul 26, 2017
quote from walk-through

>Leave it (Melody +3) (If you select “Check her phone”, you’ll see a bikini pic of Sophia, and Melody will send you some special pics during Week 5 but you won’t win any points)

well i tried it but did not receive any pics during week 5, is it another bug just like when you could not decline having lunch with amy or what?

Calibass

Apr 29, 2018
Fantastic game so far. Very enjoyable. Hats off to the dev team!

The improvements in the overall story, caracther arcs and their motivations compared to MrDots firts game is palpable. It also goes without saying that the models looks much much better.

The game has some serious potential going forward and Melody is so far the best game I've come across on this site. Hopefully it runs for a long time.

teeee

Oct 15, 2017
I've been working on recreating Melody and collecting all of the assets used by her (doing the other characters Soon™) so far in the novel. I pretty much identified everything for her, aside from some swimwear and minuscule accessories/decals.

I'd like to thank, @Andarilho, for originally identifying Melody's base figures and providing their rough WIP Daz user file of her; it helped serve as a great foundation and motivation booster. ;)

Some amateur renders I made afterwards:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I only started with Daz a few days ago, but I think these came out alright. She's nowhere near done yet; still have a lot of shaping to adjust with her base figures as some defining features feel quite a bit off to me. I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
black shiny leggings white top would be a wow with her figure

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
it’ll be the same release schedule. 2 month’s Melody, one month DMD. i don’t see that changing unless DMD’s story progression goes even faster but we’ll see on sunday when v0.19 comes out.

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
At this point I'd just hoped that he either ditches DMD or wraps it up real quick so we can get more of Melody. DMD was the platform that he learned from and Melody is an obvious improvement over his games, and DMD has just been stretched out for faaaaaaar too long it's kind of ridiculous. ALTHOUGH I will still play it just 'cause, but overall I'd prefer more Melody.

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
At this point I'd just hoped that he either ditches DMD or wraps it up real quick so we can get more of Melody. DMD was the platform that he learned from and Melody is an obvious improvement over his games, and DMD has just been stretched out for faaaaaaar too long it's kind of ridiculous. ALTHOUGH I will still play it just 'cause, but overall I'd prefer more Melody.
I dare you to post this in DmD thread lol xD
You'll get your head chewed off alive hahaa. Even though I personally like Melody waaay better than DmD, I think he should keep going because of all the initial pledgers who backed him during the course of DmD. I think he feels that they deserve a complete game.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Fantastic game so far. Very enjoyable. Hats off to the dev team!

The improvements in the overall story, caracther arcs and their motivations compared to MrDots firts game is palpable. It also goes without saying that the models looks much much better.

The game has some serious potential going forward and Melody is so far the best game I've come across on this site. Hopefully it runs for a long time.
Thanks for the tip of the hat.

DMD started as a MDots alone project and gained staff as it went along. Melody started off with staff mapping out (at least for Melody and MC) character flaws, strengths, background and a three act plot arc. I think that made a big difference.

Think about the MC in DMD, he is rather amorphous. You really don’t even know what his ex-company actually does. DMD’s greatest starting qualities imo are the wonderful D rendering and the underlying theme, threat, and obstacle of incest and society. Later on all the extra threads became developed and further developed.

Melody MC, on the other hand, was developed with a defined career, defined relationship issues and flaws, as well as a particular skill set.

One concept we discussed for the Melody opener was to juxtapose MC’s career and dying relationship with scenes from Melody’s mother’s declining health and death. I had suggested a lot of super closeups with thoughts and dialogue without showing character faces. While we didn’t do the opener exactly that way, these two character threads will inform Melody throughout.

Meanwhile, the secondary characters are getting some nice stories with progressing story arcs.

So the difference between the two imo stem from pre-release plot work and character design, and from the experiences on DMD by staff.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
@jeffsteele Thanks for the insights from one of the crew - I felt a simple 'Like' wasn't enough.

Very interesting reading into the background of the two games' development. Now that you mentioned it it's obvious.

However - please continue w/ both games if at all possible. Both do have their merits in their own way. I know I am looking fwd to both games' updates ;)

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Which act is the plot in now? Has it advanced to the second act, or is it still in the first?
Imo, not yet. (Bear in mind, this is creation by committee so what I say is affected by Hearsz and MDots). We still need a fire to start. See the quote below for reference.

“I took a master class with Billy Wilder once and he said that the first act of a story you put your character up in a tree and in the second act you set the tree on fire and then in the third act you get him down.” Gary Kurtz (film producer)

With what has already been set up with Melody and MC, this fire should be organic to the characters’ pasts and their flaws.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Imo, not yet. (Bear in mind, this is creation by committee so what I say is affected by Hearsz and MDots). We still need a fire to start. See the quote below for reference.

“I took a master class with Billy Wilder once and he said that the first act of a story you put your character up in a tree and in the second act you set the tree on fire and then in the third act you get him down.” Gary Kurtz (film producer)

With what has already been set up with Melody and MC, this fire should be organic to the characters’ pasts and their flaws.
Thank you for your response. I agree that the tree hasn't been set on fire yet. The question remains (which I don't expect you to answer), is where that fire will come from. Which spark will ignite it?

One obvious possible point of conflict is Bethany. She may show up to throw a wrench into the MC's idyllic situation. I hope I have lessened that threat by not throwing her vase at the beginning of the game. :)

Another is Arnold. Who knows - he may turn into even more of a butthead than he's been so far.

Steve is certainly a strong option, he's probably really pissed already about the situation that Melody placed him in, and will likely attempt to extract revenge.

Then there is always the rivalries among the MC's girlfriends.

Those are only a few of the possible points of conflict that could be inserted into this game. One thing... I am glad that there will be a lot more to enjoy here. The fun has only just begun! :heartcoveredeyes:

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Thank you for your response. I agree that the tree hasn't been set on fire yet. The question remains (which I don't expect you to answer), is where that fire will come from. Which spark will ignite it?

One obvious possible point of conflict is Bethany. She may show up to throw a wrench into the MC's idyllic situation. I hope I have lessened that threat by not throwing her vase at the beginning of the game. :)

Another is Arnold. Who knows - he may turn into even more of a butthead than he's been so far.

Steve is certainly a strong option, he's probably really pissed already about the situation that Melody placed him in, and will likely attempt to extract revenge.

Then there is always the rivalries among the MC's girlfriends.

Those are only a few of the possible points of conflict that could be inserted into this game. One thing... I am glad that there will be a lot more to enjoy here. The fun has only just begun! :heartcoveredeyes:
The bigger embers stem from her mother’s death and her still not having dealt with that.

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
With the latest update of Dating my Daughter (0.19) it looks like we've gotten a little peak as to what happens in the near future of Melody. She's doing gigs now at a bar in Doughnutistan. Either it's the same bar as the one the MC was at during the start of the game or the same bartender/waitress works here now. We can also see Aunt Amy and a man who is probably Arnold. So whenever during the game we see Melody play a gig at a bar, we'll know the father and daughter of DmD will be/has been there too. :closedeyesmile:

I wonder if they'll ever officially meet? Or at least be in the presence of each other?

screenshot0589.png

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes