Mega download speed

Maxstyler

Aug 18, 2016
Hello guys , im wondering what is the download speed you guys are getting at MEGA for me it never goes above 50 kbps and i easily get 2 mbps on torrent ... is everyone getting this problem or is it just me?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Hello guys , im wondering what is the download speed you guys are getting at MEGA for me it never goes above 50 kbps and i easily get 2 mbps on torrent ... is everyone getting this problem or is it just me?
Download the mega extension and try again :) Also make sure that mega is allowed to download big files

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I

I use mega app on android for downloading ...
Android... nevermind, not hopping on this train :D Thought you were on pc, if you're not then I cant give you any tips :(

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I am getting 70kbps downloading lwt 2 , seriously im starting to hate MEGA
If you are using a known brand then go to their website and to the support page and explain this problem with them. I know some samsung users have done this and the support has actually helped them.

Ankosh

Aug 15, 2016
I get great download speeds unless I'm downloading from a folder. Then I get like 40 kbps.
Same as i got Low speed if its from a folder with many sup folders and files
but if its 1 file zip/rar i got full speed

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Same as i got Low speed if its from a folder with many sup folders and files
but if its 1 file zip/rar i got full speed
If it's a folder it does go a lot slower indeed for me aswell. a compressed file however is lightning fast. Above 90Mbit

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
You're not forget to log in right ? cuz "lurker" (non log in) is limited. But after log in, all goes normal. But if after that still persist, then idk.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Usually i get between 1 to 5Mb/s, more if i bother connection my Ethernet cable rather than WIFI.
Upload speed is about 1 to 2 Mb/s with WIFI. With torrents I can go up to 10Mb/s with WIFI and nearly 20Mb/s with Ethernet cable plugged. Upload is about 8mb/s max with Ethernet cable.

It really depends on the day and if i bother plugging my Ethernet cable or just use this cheap WiFI router.

mingebag

Aug 9, 2016
I use the Mega App on Firefox (Win 10 64-bit pro). Never really get above 300 kb/s :(

For comparison I can get 25+ mb/s on steam downloads...

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I use the Mega App on Firefox (Win 10 64-bit pro). Never really get above 300 kb/s :(

For comparison I can get 25+ mb/s on steam downloads...
Those are different :) Also anyone with a slow connection on mega how many gb of ram do you have free? And what type is it?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
That might be something to think about. I never have less than 4 gigs of RAM in a computer that downloads or plays anything. I've never used mega add ons with Chrome and I've never had any download size or speed issues with Mega.
The only thing I run into is that when I'm using incognito mode, it won't let me download more than 500 MB because "it can't be reliably handled in memory".
Interesting tidbit.. if your browser is using a lot of memory, sometimes Mega will show a "can't find the file" error after a download is finished.

lonewolf0678

Jul 20, 2017
How can i Download Files over 1Gb i tried to install the firefox plugin but still not work.
i need to register for that or should work without?

Thx lone

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
You can download files over 1GB just fine from Chrome without add-ons. For FireFox you'll need their plug-in that they link when you try to download a file over 1GB.