• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Crafting plasma rifles might be wasteful unless you want to give all your girls a plasma rifle for roleplay reasons. You can loot them from bounties. By the time your workshop is set up to craft it, you would have a decent number of plasma rifles already. Crafting their energy cells for your own use can work though. I have not checked whether it is cheaper to just buy it or craft it yourself however.
Yes, it is just much cheaper to build them than it is to buy them. Looting them is of course cheaper yet.

Also, plasma rifles doesn't have any recoil so any npc can use them, which may be useful if you just want to kill one badie without hiring a gang of mercenaries to do it, or to protect your group during anarchy, when passing thru Kaseys park.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Crafting plasma rifles might be wasteful unless you want to give all your girls a plasma rifle for roleplay reasons. You can loot them from bounties. By the time your workshop is set up to craft it, you would have a decent number of plasma rifles already. Crafting their energy cells for your own use can work though. I have not checked whether it is cheaper to just buy it or craft it yourself however.
Well plasma guns used to be the most profitable thing to make with workshops. I haven't done the math recently so maybe they're not anymore. They do require a lot of components, with the durasteel being particularly expensive. Prosperity and/or supply might also affect it. I end up making a ton of rifles and swords to donate anyway since the vikings and house carossa want a massive number of those.

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
Short version:Tech points are only usefull for creating doctors kits and one time to produce 10 plasma rifles, if you want plasma rifles.
And... tendstims. I can't be the only one who had their workshop make 500 Injectors and now wants to fill them?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What skills do I need that are the hardest to level? I was thinking I could cheap out on combat stats and grab diligent and train them myself, hunting also could be supplemented with wildborn. Intelligence seems hard to level but I also dont know what it does.
Intelligence is really the only stat/skill that is hard to raise. If you're going to boost something at the start, that would be the one to boost. 90 is required for the Master Tactician trait but you get intelligence from some of the books and classes so you don't necessarily need to start with it that high. I think the minimum I would want to start with if I intended to get Master Tactician in a reasonable time would be about 70. I think you can get at least 20 points from books and classes.

For a normal start I would grab all the traits I want first and if there are points left over I would use those to boost intelligence. For a Rise start I just get the traits and all of my stats including intelligence start off terrible.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Need help with two funny problems.
1. How I can move saves to another computer? Where that saves layout?
2. I cant find Hamilton jail location when make brother's quest. Is it bug or sumthing..
Thanks.
I don't know if this is your problem, but remember for the latter you have to go to the old Clubhouse and break in to trigger the letter arriving. Only then will Hamilton Jail show up on the map.

Reactions: wawgarny

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Wiki is incorrect.

Whip start at 100% incapacitation chance. So for that weapon it makes no difference.
Staff start at 81%. Manhunter brings it up to 96%.

If you don't care which specific enemy you capture, then Manhunter is a good trait because you will incapacitate random enemies with normal weapons, more frequently.

But, if you want to capture a specific enemy, then in some scenarios, it has the opposite effect, where you may end up incapacitating, wrong target.

If that happens, then manhunter in combination with the limitation that you may only capture one enemy of each sex, has suddenly made it impossible instead of easier to capture the intended target.

So, in practice, it forces you to play in a certain way, because you no longer have the option to kill off everyone else first, and then gang whip the target into submission.

Instead you need to incapacitate the intended target first... And because all his friends are still trying to kill you, it needs to be done quickly... And because of that you need to use the staff or other weapons that may accidentally kill the intended target.

For me personally, that makes manhunter a very negative trait.
Every weapon has a chance to capture, including guns even without the manhunter trait. The real reason to pick it in my opinion (and why I give it a high priority), is that it increases your chance to capture with something other than a whip. This means during tough battles I am more likely to get a capture on that injured hulk in a tier 6 or tier 7 bounty without spending a whole round whiffing away at it with whips. If I happen to not get lucky and get a capture then I'll save an alternate target to use the whip on.

If you're determined to capture a very specific target then just go after that one first and use a whip on it. Capture guaranteed. It helps if at least 1, and preferably all of your people start in close position and you want at least 1 person other than MC using a whip if you want to capture a specific target in the first round. I like to give a whip to whoever is my last person to act and greatswords to everyone else. That way I can have that last person either use a plasma/super coil for damage or a whip to capture. Everyone else gets a greatsword. MC can obviously switch to whatever is best at the time. Another good option if everyone has an ammo pack is to just give everyone a plasma and a whip. Then every round you can either go for damage or guarantee a capture.

Usually in the toughest fights my first target is someone I'd be fine with capturing so I just go all out damage on him. If I kill him that's fine. If I capture him that's also fine. My second target is usually the uncapturable Boss so I'm still going all out damage. My 3rd target I will usually guarantee a capture if I don't have one already. So I never accidently capture someone I didn't want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fauno36

Onedge

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2020
Wasn't the recent unity drama related to the developer having to pay some cents even for free installations? Maybe I misremeber or they backtracked after the shitstorm it casued...
Yeah, probably? I dunno, it's currently free though!

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Guys how do you start the new quest to obtain the new paragon? I can travel to the sphere and I have aria and done her quest, i have over 50k influence. Yet the pilot never interacts with me when I land on the sphere.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
View attachment 3622820
I did some math a few weeks ago. Depending on supply and market location: knives, rifles, shotguns, and plasma rifles shuffle in and out of being most profitable investment. When knife supply is at lowest level, they win out overall.
The reason that knives becomes better is because you have reached lowest possible steel price at Dakota's sisters store.

And while that may seem like a good thing... It actually is a very bad thing for the long term sustainability of the production.

Why? Because a single efficient workshop, with 9000 production points, will consume 1800 steel per day and only 140 steel per day will replenish on a dying world (and I'm guessing 700 on non-dying world).

So, when producing 900 knives per day you will reduce the available steel market supply by 1100-1660 units per day.

If instead producing 100 rifles, you will only consume 600 steel per day, which will then never run out on normal difficulty and last several years longer on a dying world.

It is of course possible to avoid this by producing plasma rifles, but then the problem shifts towards lack of dura steel instead.

Which probably means that the best compromize is auto rifles.

If you wanted to visualize this dimension, then you could simply add a production points per day value, somewhere in the sheet, and then add columns for steel and durasteel consumption per day, based on that value.

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, probably? I dunno, it's currently free though!
But for how long?

After reading up a little, it looks like they tried to increase income by retroactively adding cost per installation and presumably adding spywhere to monitor it. When that failed, they fired 25% of their staff.

I would expect that they will try something same "but different" as soon as they realize that revenue is still not meeting expectation.

roadesst

Jun 23, 2020
Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the different buttons, like when you are in the house. If not, is there a way to mod or hack in keyboard shortcuts into a html game?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It's not that it removes anything. It just looks like the training is based on diminishing returns and the diminishing is now at 30 points higher.

<<if $mctraitdis gte 75>><<set $chance+=30>><</if>>
<<set $chance-=$masterstrength>>
<<if $chance gte 1>>
<<set $masterstrength+=1>>

Basically this: Do dice rolls and lots of adjustments to chance, Add 30 if Disciplined, subtract strength, if end result greater than 0 then increase strenght.

Unless there is a cap somewhere that I'm missing, then it would mean that you can train 30 more points per skill, before it becomes impossible to train further.
Was curious about this so I actually just tested it. Disciplined has no effect on the stat caps, it just makes it easier to hit the existing caps. Without the dojo the cap is 120. With the dojo the cap is 130. You can hit 130 with or without Disciplined, but with disciplined you can do it fairly easily. Once you get to 130 there's a massive penalty of more than 100 that makes every attempt an automatic failure even with disciplined.

You can build more than 1 dojo for some reason but they don't do anything past the first one other than cost you money.

Melee and ranged can both go to 150 via combat but you can only train them to 130 in the dojo.

I didn't test the caps for followers. In previous versions the follower's frame determined their caps so for instance Ayden had higher caps than Bud. Not sure if that's still true.

It's possible to start with almost 200 strength using an enhanced start if you cheese it to the max when creating your character but I'm not sure it's really worth spending so many points when you can get to 130 for free via training.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I didn't test the caps for followers. In previous versions the follower's frame determined their caps so for instance Ayden had higher caps than Bud. Not sure if that's still true.
I think they have the same caps but more muscular bodies have a better time raising their strength but are penalized in rolls when raising their dexterity past around 90 dex. More lithe bodies are penalized in their strength training rolls starting at around 90 strength. So while they have the same caps, one guy is going to struggle very very hard to get there while another gets there easier.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes