Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
And now, some thoughts about "you can always raise blacksmith and artisan making knives and bolts", instead of taking Crafter. Yes, you can indeed. But it´s something that it´s very time and fatigue points consuming. Not sure about how it´s exactly managed, but assuming that it´s a 5% chance in increase for each item build, and supposing that you start building the quite useless bolts, you are going to need 10 hours and 40 fp to increase one point your Blacksmith or Artisan skill. That compares really bad with the time and fatigue expense in raising FP, Melee, Ranged, DX or ST, in a 5:1 ballpark.
I have found that when crafting bolts... Given enough stamina to do it 23 hours per day, you are almost guaranteed to get at least a few points. If you only do it a few hours per night, you often get nothing and sometimes 1 or few points.

Without looking at the code, I'm guessing that it is probably an individual 5-10% chance to get either artisan or blacksmithing skill increase for each bolt (you never get increase in both skills from a single bolt). It also seems to be more difficult to increase skill, the higher your current skill is.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I haven't found her yet but I think I recall reading she has to be the pilot listed on the Mastersphere shuttle. I've been there a few times but not had her listed as the pilot. I started going there ~9AM to see who was listed as pilot but did that only twice and no joy so far.
Just got her on the second try. We went for a drink, as far as I could see that's all there is for now.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Early non-violent, Grimdark dying world, start typically looks like this:

First two weeks
Hunting twice per day: ~80 food
Sell the food for $10-20 each =~$1200 per day.
Train stamina every evening after hunting.
Put Kyle as gardener and build small garden + 3 big gardens for additional 59 food per day and a total investment of ~15k.
You now have a daily income of ~$2k and ~50 stamina.

Next three weeks
Buy May-Lynn if you have access to Crystal Heights.
Keep training stamina.
You now have a daily income of ~$3k and ~90 stamina.

Next few weeks - get rich
Buy a workshop for $35k + 2 x $10k upgrades, for a total of $55k and staff with whatever lazy dimwit numbnuts you can find and put Doyle as foreman, and let them produce rifles to be sold at Hamah bay.
Start training strength or melee.
You now have a passive income of around $5k from gardens and workshop.

Re-invest the income towards further workshop upgrades.
Even with lazy idiot slave labor you will produce a passive income above $10k.
You can optionally improve the workforce to significantly increase that income.

At this point you are strong enough to give Lovisa a fair fight and you can pretty much focus on anything you want, such as for example picking up Ayden, Einar and some other mercenaries to start ruling the outside world.
Try Jack Peasant as your early game Gardener once, he's much better at it than Kyle.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I was just referring to character creation and going from memory. I just checked it out, if you do a normal start you are capped at 90 but if you're playing Enhanced you can raise attributes to 130. You can even get it higher if you utilize a few naughty tricks known by veteran character-creators....

Training just about every day after the third has been part of my strategy in every single run since before Rebecca had her pic profile completed. I was initially intrigued by 'Disciplined' and the Dojo but soon found my training progress went well enough without them and cut them out of my strategy.
I think disciplined may need to be re-evaluated... As far as a I can tell from the code (which I at least sometimes get right), there is no cap on any of the basic training skills... And disciplined looks like it is just added on top of all other chance values, which effectively would mean that you eventually end up with 30 points more from training in each skill.

To me that looks like an extremely big advantage for any combat build.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think disciplined may need to be re-evaluated... As far as a I can tell from the code (which I at least sometimes get right), there is no cap on any of the basic training skills... And disciplined looks like it is just added on top of all other chance values, which effectively would mean that you eventually end up with 30 points more from training in each skill.

To me that looks like an extremely big advantage for any combat build.
I believe it's supposed to give you a nearly guaranteed chance at skill gain up to a cap of 90 but I haven't tested it. The Dojo raises the cap from 110 to 120 and also gives you an increased chance. So to me the Dojo always seemed like it made Disciplined unnecessary. Still a nice early game boost though. If Disciplined removes the caps though then that's a whole different story (and doesn't match the description for what it's supposed to do).

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I believe it's supposed to give you a nearly guaranteed chance at skill gain up to a cap of 90 but I haven't tested it. The Dojo raises the cap from 110 to 120 and also gives you an increased chance. So to me the Dojo always seemed like it made Disciplined unnecessary. Still a nice early game boost though. If Disciplined removes the caps though then that's a whole different story (and doesn't match the description for what it's supposed to do).
It's not that it removes anything. It just looks like the training is based on diminishing returns and the diminishing is now at 30 points higher.

<<if $mctraitdis gte 75>><<set $chance+=30>><</if>>
<<set $chance-=$masterstrength>>
<<if $chance gte 1>>
<<set $masterstrength+=1>>

Basically this: Do dice rolls and lots of adjustments to chance, Add 30 if Disciplined, subtract strength, if end result greater than 0 then increase strenght.

Unless there is a cap somewhere that I'm missing, then it would mean that you can train 30 more points per skill, before it becomes impossible to train further.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Either the wiki or the game are wrong.

From the wiki:

Ironman mode[ | ]
You can now enable an "Ironman" mode either in the Character Creation Process or through the Option > Mods > Ironman setting. Enabling Ironman means that any NPC who reaches -10 Health Points during combat situations is immediately killed and removed from the game.

From the game:

Ironman: NPC are killed if they reach -20 HP

Does anyone know what version it´s accurate?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Either the wiki or the game are wrong.

From the wiki:

Ironman mode[ | ]
You can now enable an "Ironman" mode either in the Character Creation Process or through the Option > Mods > Ironman setting. Enabling Ironman means that any NPC who reaches -10 Health Points during combat situations is immediately killed and removed from the game.

From the game:

Ironman: NPC are killed if they reach -20 HP

Does anyone know what version it´s accurate?
<<if $ironman is 1>><<set _deadhp to -10>><</if>>

Reactions: bolondro2

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
The slave masters of ranaa quest disappeared if you are married to aria in 8.3.2.
If you had freed her men, it will be gone.

Otherwise, if you have not and it still disappeared, it may be because she is no longer a slave. Her status changed. I am not sure if divorcing her will work. This new version she can become a paragon I think the moment she is freed. And paragon is the strongest status classification in this game. It's the status of Ayden and Milou.

Save beforehand and divorce her. Then check if you have the enslave option in the Talk -> Affect and if you can make it work.

I assigned my girl a job but at the end of the day she doesn't bring any income?
Have you checked the Manage Economy option? It's in Economy, under the Assignments tag labeled Vendors I think.

Hello my dear f95zone friends. Ive got a question. I played it only once, and i guess i playaed it in wrong way because during my 3h playthrough i mananaged to find only 3 girls lol. Is it possible to find more without fighting? Is it possible to share girls with our friends? Is it possible to find that scavenger girl who was with her brother in old house, when he gets old enough?
Yes. A lot of the unique girls in this game are not from combat captures. You buy them or you have events where you can acquire them. The wiki has a list:

Talika Pai, a capture from the Haruto Pai bounty, is not yet listed in there though.

Jackjack1

Jun 23, 2017
Right, I didn't wanna make a new post but I spend the last 2 hours searching this forum and came up with a lot of side info but nothing concrete to solve my problem. It used to be you could edit slave stats and such. I used to use twinehacker for chrome, hell it still works to change things like MC stats, cash, influence, ammo so all good. But twinehacker, console commands and the online save editor didn't change anything to my slave adora. Yes even after a screen change, the numbers stayed the same. All of this used to work half a year ago perfectly. So now my question is, how does one change slave stats and traits through twine or console (or a different method) properly in these new versions, what am I missing? Please do try to explain step by step for a non tech adept.

Greatly appreciated and great game, hope to see new updates flow like this on the regular (without breaking fun things like twine mind you).

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Right, I didn't wanna make a new post but I spend the last 2 hours searching this forum and came up with a lot of side info but nothing concrete to solve my problem. It used to be you could edit slave stats and such. I used to use twinehacker for chrome, hell it still works to change things like MC stats, cash, influence, ammo so all good. But twinehacker, console commands and the online save editor didn't change anything to my slave adora. Yes even after a screen change, the numbers stayed the same. All of this used to work half a year ago perfectly. So now my question is, how does one change slave stats and traits through twine or console (or a different method) properly in these new versions, what am I missing? Please do try to explain step by step for a non tech adept.

Greatly appreciated and great game, hope to see new updates flow like this on the regular (without breaking fun things like twine mind you).
In Google Chrome press CTRL + SHIFT + J to open console
Paste this blob:

Code:
cheatgirlname = "juno"
for (const [key, value] of Object.entries(SugarCube.State.active.variables.npc)) {
    if (value.hasOwnProperty("girlname")) {
        if (value.girlname.toLowerCase() == cheatgirlname.toLowerCase()) {
            console.log(value.girlname+' identified as SugarCube.State.active.variables.npc.'+key);
            console.log('Modify like this: SugarCube.State.active.variables.npc.'+key+'.age = 40');
        }
    }
}
Change name on first row to the name of the NPC you want to edit and press enter
It will show you an example of how to change her age to 40 years old.
Copy that line and change .age to whatever you want to modify.
Hint: ...traitsomething = 0 or 100

Link to list of cheats for MC

Last edited:

whyyoujelly

Aug 15, 2016

To change stats go to the interaction screen of the girl you want to edit and then open the console by pressing the f12 key, then go to the console tab on the menu that shows up. My screen shot shows how it looks like and gives a few examples of the different stats you can change.

Edit: Also after you make changes press the little toggle button between defiance and fear. If you don't press that the changes aren't applied.
Edit2: Use this method instead to find the npc you want to edit. https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-3-2-grimdark.100207/post-13694484
chrome_2024-05-09_15-56-38.jpg

Last edited:

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Does anyone know if title effects (such as head maid or skulduggerist, etc) are suspended or remain active if the NPC is added to the player's active party?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
What's the advantage of scavenger Bud? Why is it important to reroll him to get it?
It is so that he gets some use after he is retired from combat duties. And scavenger cannot be learned so having as many of the unique ones as you can is a decent goal. They provide as decent flow of merchandise and you can use your workshop to process those merchandise once they accumulated to get more raw materials.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
To change stats go to the interaction screen of the girl you want to edit and then open the console by pressing the f12 key, then go to the console tab on the menu that shows up. My screen shot shows how it looks like and gives a few examples of the different stats you can change.

Edit: Also after you make changes press the little toggle button between defiance and fear. If you don't press that the changes aren't applied.
View attachment 3619899
That is outdated. See two posts above your post for current method.

Reactions: whyyoujelly
4.50 star(s) 114 Votes