• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
Is there any reason to give more money to Fort Sera once you are the leader?
Yep.

Just go to the fort, and click on "Faction Overview." It opens a menu where you can donate money, arms, or conscripts.

Now for my question: Does anyone know what the new trigger(s) are for the dinner quest with Roo and Walton? Do I need to have dinner alone with them, with certain characters, etc? Keep trying different combos, but nothing's working.

Alternatively, what's the console command I need to fire this quest up?

Edit: Saw you were looking for a *reason*, not a means.

I think there's still a reason. I've gotten random events about them getting into fights, and I think that giving them more resources is tied to increasing their power, and gives them a better chance in fights.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is there any reason to give more money to Fort Sera once you are the leader?
There's not much reason to keep giving them money but there is a good reason to keep giving them slaves. The income they give you increases with their standing until you hit the cap of 150. After that you can't increase standing anymore (you can briefly push it to 151 but it will immediately drop back to 150). You can continue to increase their power infinitely though and that will also increase the income they give you.

The main reason to keep giving them slaves though is that once they reach 200 manpower there is a random "Company Ready" event you can get where the republic will take 10 soldiers from Fort Sera as recruits and you will gain standing with the Republic. Republic standing is very hard to get otherwise and very powerful, although it's not obvious until you have significant investments. Republic standing works like the accountant bonus and magnifies all of your investment income.

The vikings will give you more income for slaves than Fort Sera will so you might want to just keep Fort Sera supplied with enough manpower that they're always above 200 after that Company Ready event and give the rest to the vikings. Alternatively you can keep Fort Sera above 200 and sell the rest. Slaves can sell for a lot, and you can just as well keep the vikings happy donating rifles and swords.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I recently experimented with different crafter starts.

Adept business man with Crafting trait makes it possible to craft combat armors as soon as you read the Ingots book and build a smithery.

Combat armors are very profitable. They only cost a few hundred in material and sell for 1600 each.

But with barely enough crafting skills you need to spend lots of time crafting each armor and you end up needing lots of stamina to effectively do it.

And to upgrade your crafting to duraplates (which are very profitable at ~3-4k each)... you need 85 black smithing + 40 science. And long before you are able to reach those levels, you can already afford a workshop.

If you instead go all in on expert business man and add a bit of academic on top, then you can relatively easily go straight to Duraplate production. But you still need to train lots of stamina, since you couldn't affords spending points on that during creation... So, it becomes a very heavy creation point investment for a not so quick income afterall.

It also becomes very annoying on Grimdark dying world that Niko is the only place you can buy textiles needed for combat armors and duraplate armors and that you need to fight bandits to be able to visit his store after day 1.

And once you actually do get effecient, a workshop quickly becomes affordable and then begging the question, what are you going to do for the rest of the game, with a guy very specialiced in something which is effectively obsolete soon after building a workshop.

Hunting (optionally as an expert scholar) --> Invest profit in Gardens --> Sell food --> Invest in Workship is typically just as effective... Not to mention arena fighting. And hunting path actually gives you some increase in stealth skill, which is useful for other things later in the game.
I've tried focusing on something other than combat in the early game but I have never found anything as effective so far at building both influence and money. This is especially true if you can do it with low salaries, at least until you start seeing plasma drops. A tier 6 bounty as an example can drop up to 2 plasma guns plus you can capture an injured hulk which always sells for over $4000. So that ranges from about $6k per bounty if no plasmas ever drop up to about $15k per fight if 2 plasmas drop.

I haven't gotten as far as tier 7 bounties in this game yet. In previous versions I found them less profitable than tier 6 due to the cost of stims, doctor's kits, and armor repairs but you can get hulk parts.

Even just random bandits around town though sell for anywhere from about $500 at a bare minimum up to $2-3k fairly commonly.

The main issue with a combat start is merc salaries if you take the top tiers and the cost of outfitting everyone with armor. I find that once you get to tier 6 bounties nothing less than duraplate will do, so might as well get it early and save on stims later. I tried to cut corners this game and wait til I had both the Walton's investment and Roos before I bought my 2nd suit of duraplate. Didn't quite make it. Got Waltons but not Roos before the tier 6 started showing up and almost lost Cassius as a result.

Workshops are definitely a huge money maker eventually, although if you have bad luck on people with workaholic you might end up with an average discipline of like 40 which lowers production. I found 10 randoms with workaholic very early but most of them are still in the 45-50 discipline range. Mae is my only unique to roll workaholic who wasn't guaranteed to have it. Also got an unusually bad roll on Int with Stormchild as my foreman. She'll have 120 eventually but for now she only has 81.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I recently experimented with different crafter starts.

Adept business man with Crafting trait makes it possible to craft combat armors as soon as you read the Ingots book and build a smithery.

Combat armors are very profitable. They only cost a few hundred in material and sell for 1600 each.

But with barely enough crafting skills you need to spend lots of time crafting each armor and you end up needing lots of stamina to effectively do it.

And to upgrade your crafting to duraplates (which are very profitable at ~3-4k each)... you need 85 black smithing + 40 science. And long before you are able to reach those levels, you can already afford a workshop.

If you instead go all in on expert business man and add a bit of academic on top, then you can relatively easily go straight to Duraplate production. But you still need to train lots of stamina, since you couldn't affords spending points on that during creation... So, it becomes a very heavy creation point investment for a not so quick income afterall.

It also becomes very annoying on Grimdark dying world that Niko is the only place you can buy textiles needed for combat armors and duraplate armors and that you need to fight bandits to be able to visit his store after day 1.

And once you actually do get effecient, a workshop quickly becomes affordable and then begging the question, what are you going to do for the rest of the game, with a guy very specialiced in something which is effectively obsolete soon after building a workshop.

Hunting (optionally as an expert scholar) --> Invest profit in Gardens --> Sell food --> Invest in Workship is typically just as effective... Not to mention arena fighting. And hunting path actually gives you some increase in stealth skill, which is useful for other things later in the game.
The way I look at it is you created a craftsman who works out of his own shop making handcrafted items to sell. Like the artisans did historically. Or you go the way of the capitalist, who builds the means of production and exploits his workers to steal the value of their effort to enrich himself. I think you just need to pick one role play route. Now if you want to role play that the artisan decides to become a capitalist you just accept that you have skills that you no longer use and move on.

As an aside, what determines what items you can build in the workshop? Is it based on you're own crafting/artisan levels, i.e. your workshop can't manufacture duraplate unless the MC has the ability to craft it?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I've tried focusing on something other than combat in the early game but I have never found anything as effective so far at building both influence and money. This is especially true if you can do it with low salaries, at least until you start seeing plasma drops. A tier 6 bounty as an example can drop up to 2 plasma guns plus you can capture an injured hulk which always sells for over $4000. So that ranges from about $6k per bounty if no plasmas ever drop up to about $15k per fight if 2 plasmas drop.

I haven't gotten as far as tier 7 bounties in this game yet. In previous versions I found them less profitable than tier 6 due to the cost of stims, doctor's kits, and armor repairs but you can get hulk parts.

Even just random bandits around town though sell for anywhere from about $500 at a bare minimum up to $2-3k fairly commonly.

The main issue with a combat start is merc salaries if you take the top tiers and the cost of outfitting everyone with armor. I find that once you get to tier 6 bounties nothing less than duraplate will do, so might as well get it early and save on stims later. I tried to cut corners this game and wait til I had both the Walton's investment and Roos before I bought my 2nd suit of duraplate. Didn't quite make it. Got Waltons but not Roos before the tier 6 started showing up and almost lost Cassius as a result.

Workshops are definitely a huge money maker eventually, although if you have bad luck on people with workaholic you might end up with an average discipline of like 40 which lowers production. I found 10 randoms with workaholic very early but most of them are still in the 45-50 discipline range. Mae is my only unique to roll workaholic who wasn't guaranteed to have it. Also got an unusually bad roll on Int with Stormchild as my foreman. She'll have 120 eventually but for now she only has 81.
Early non-violent, Grimdark dying world, start typically looks like this:

First two weeks
Hunting twice per day: ~80 food
Sell the food for $10-20 each =~$1200 per day.
Train stamina every evening after hunting.
Put Kyle as gardener and build small garden + 3 big gardens for additional 59 food per day and a total investment of ~15k.
You now have a daily income of ~$2k and ~50 stamina.

Next three weeks
Buy May-Lynn if you have access to Crystal Heights.
Keep training stamina.
You now have a daily income of ~$3k and ~90 stamina.

Next few weeks - get rich
Buy a workshop for $35k + 2 x $10k upgrades, for a total of $55k and staff with whatever lazy dimwit numbnuts you can find and put Doyle as foreman, and let them produce rifles to be sold at Hamah bay.
Start training strength or melee.
You now have a passive income of around $5k from gardens and workshop.

Re-invest the income towards further workshop upgrades.
Even with lazy idiot slave labor you will produce a passive income above $10k.
You can optionally improve the workforce to significantly increase that income.

At this point you are strong enough to give Lovisa a fair fight and you can pretty much focus on anything you want, such as for example picking up Ayden, Einar and some other mercenaries to start ruling the outside world.

Last edited:

弗罗多

Jun 7, 2020
Patch notes are out on the wiki for the upcoming version:

Re: Traits

My tierlist:
  • S Tier: Manhunter, Debt, Brainy, Deadly Strike, Unlucky
  • A Tier: Party Animal, Tough, Wildborn (conditional)
  • Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It: Teen Subduer, Attractive, Crackshot,
I should explain Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It. Here, I list the traits that provide bonuses you can never get otherwise, traits that should flat out add value to your rolls independent of your trainable stats but I also do not see them as being too valuable or sometimes not even useful currently. Teen subduer, for example, is an always present bonus to your rolls if the description is to be believed. As long as the girl is 19 years old or less, it always applies. Especially helpful with an early Rebecca for Skullduggerist. But there's only so much points to go around.
i agree with you,Rebecca is very important,but luckie(name from Wiki) also import 。 {CBCFE1F2-3D6E-47ba-A520-89A70EB0DB93}.png

弗罗多

Jun 7, 2020
As recently discussed. Manhunter increases capture chance from 81% to 96% when MC is using staff and no change when MC is using whip or when other party members try to capture someone...
It also increases sell price...But that is kind of meh...

Is that really something you consider red?
i really mean that ,i play the game than 1500 game days.Selling grain always Profitable。only urban {1C169439-D24B-4117-929E-6F200100BF89}.png titan was a really trouble。

弗罗多

Jun 7, 2020
Patch notes are out on the wiki for the upcoming version:

Re: Traits

My tierlist:
  • S Tier: Manhunter, Debt, Brainy, Deadly Strike, Unlucky
  • A Tier: Party Animal, Tough, Wildborn (conditional)
  • Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It: Teen Subduer, Attractive, Crackshot,
I should explain Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It. Here, I list the traits that provide bonuses you can never get otherwise, traits that should flat out add value to your rolls independent of your trainable stats but I also do not see them as being too valuable or sometimes not even useful currently. Teen subduer, for example, is an always present bonus to your rolls if the description is to be believed. As long as the girl is 19 years old or less, it always applies. Especially helpful with an early Rebecca for Skullduggerist. But there's only so much points to go around.
oh, i know brainy is important 。but furry collge can improve academics till 80,science till 60. and in the academy 130+ academics is enough,they wont pay your more wages,even you academics 160+. but i know not everyone has patience. so

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
oh, i know brainy is important 。but furry collge can improve academics till 80,science till 60. and in the academy 130+ academics is enough,they wont pay your more wages,even you academics 160+. but i know not everyone has patience. so
The problem with starting very low on Acemical and science skill, with the plan to use Furrys educational system, is that it takes about a year of socializing before you reach those max values.

And in the meantime you can't do academy courses, which prevents you from getting slaves / quests from the academy.

Or you have to accept that you will not get maxed out academic and science skill.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Can I assign Nicole as news broadcaster in upcoming public release? It was not there in 8.3.1
You always were able to assign her. That has never stopped. In 0.8.3b onwards, you have to build her a news office first in the basement level of your house. To have that option, you had to have asked her for her hopes and dreams which requires her to be at low corruption and decent willpower.

Jun 10, 2022
You always were able to assign her. That has never stopped. In 0.8.3b onwards, you have to build her a news office first in the basement level of your house. To have that option, you had to have asked her for her hopes and dreams which requires her to be at low corruption and decent willpower.
And make sure she has no title and no job assigned.

Reactions: GD-studios and tsap

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Version 0.8.3.2 has been released!

Another big MoR update is now available for all Tiers.

0.8.3.2's highlights include:
- Go off-world and visit The Mastersphere (aka USS Seneca). Purchase new stuff/implants or stay overnight and enjoy USS Seneca's many luxury commodities. The Mastersphere will get another expansion in 0833, which also introduces Aria's big takeover quest-event chain.
- New Story NPC: Lt. Skye. Features a fully rendered wardrobe and a standard sex scene set.
- New titles, incl. Nurse which auto-heals wear and Health.
- A noticeable combat overhaul with action stimpacks, new weapons for NPCs and a streamlined Special Attack section.
- New Arena and bathing renders for many story NPCs. Made by @paladin0611.
- Master traits (MC).
- Ironman mode. NPCs are instantly killed if their Health reaches -10 in combat situations (Turn on/off at startup or Options > Mods > Ironman).
- Overhauled Health system. NPCs' and the MC's Health values are now based on (STR+STAMINA+Body type value)/2 instead of the old separate systems. You can also increase an NPC's Health with implants from The Doctor's Hall in Crystal Heights.
- Overhauled Household buttons (Options > Mods > Linemod).
- Dozens of new renders, a long list of bugfixes, content addons and many smaller tweaks.

Full .

Onedge

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2020
Why HTML tho, it looks good from the sub-menus and all (by good I mean work has been put into it seemingly at least) but why not use Unity or even UE. I don't mean UE for the graphics, but for even games like this (top-down style), it can work. At least better than HTML.

Well judging on the images, the protag is male, so most likely this is a villain protag, male protag, harem style game, but alas the protag looks too handsome, as is standard for this kind of games.

He11sound

Dec 8, 2017
Why HTML tho, it looks good from the sub-menus and all (by good I mean work has been put into it seemingly at least) but why not use Unity or even UE. I don't mean UE for the graphics, but for even games like this (top-down style), it can work. At least better than HTML.

Well judging on the images, the protag is male, so most likely this is a villain protag, male protag, harem style game, but alas the protag looks too handsome, as is standard for this kind of games.
Maybe because it’s paid?)))) And in html it’s fine

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes