HTML - Masters of Raana [v0.8.3.2] [GrimDark]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Volkmardon

Masters of Raana is a great game that I've very much enjoyed playing for the past two months. I've probably logged over 40 hours so far and still feel there's lots of content left to explore.

The freedom, the highly detailed skill system, an awesome combat engine, for a HTML game, and the BEAUTIFUL girls create a perfect blend for an old Skyrim modder and FreeCities player as myself.

Grimdark recently added procedurally generated slaves which has taken this game to a completely new level. This delightful addition has unfortunately uncovered the game's greatest, and only real, flaw: there is not enough room to house them all. While 20 slots might seem a lot, the detailed stories of each slave you can capture or buy makes you want to keep them. Praise the gods Grim is adding more housing units in the next big update. (y)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

varldsomvalvande

Immerse yourself in an evolving open world! This game flawlessly intertwines captivating storytelling, RPG mechanics, and an unparalleled sense of freedom. Explore a dynamic, living world where every interaction is meaningful and every decision shapes your fate. The attention to detail is extraordinary; from the diverse landscapes to the intricate character development, it's a masterpiece of immersion. The RPG elements are finely crafted, allowing you to craft a unique journey with consequences that echo throughout the game. In this expansive universe, you're not just a player; you're a hero, crafting your epic saga. Get ready to lose yourself in the ultimate open-world adventure!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

lurkathon

This is already one of my favourite games of all time, and I've been gaming since the days of arcade Space Invaders.
    A complex RPG and management/strategy that satisfies my 'nerdy' tendencies as well as my 'pervy' ones. It does require some imagination as it isn't a 3D open world animated game that shows everything you do, however I feel the quality of writing, the renders, the various storylines and complexity of the game more than makes up for this.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

leo_grouch

This game is just boring, the whole design of it feels like some computer camp project by someone just learning game design. Has that 90's basic computer game feeling.
    The overall master/slave story isn't to bad, but the design of overall is just so poor and grindy it just becomes irritating.

Other than walking around the map, or fighting in a battle there are no other animations in the whole game, what fun is that. The interactions with slaves has no animations and what is supposed to be sex is just one or two static pictures.

Scrap this junk and start out with a much better overall modern animated design if the dev is capable of doing so.

OMG this game is just so boring.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Canes

[As of v0.8.2.1]

First the bad:
    I'll start off by saying that everything in the game is reliant on RNG (some pseudo form of it anyway), and it really doesn't need to be.

It doesn't need to be because all outcomes are pre-set binary. If you have the right number of attribute points assigned to the skill (around 70), it will end up as "success" 100% of the time. Likewise, if you're a few points short, it will end up as failure, period. You can save-scum until you are blue in the face and nothing will change.

And here in lies the whole problem with the game and why everyone says it's so grindy.

Because of this system, and since in the beginning you start with almost no skills, every single thing you do (outside of the simple combat) will end up as failure - always. You need to grind for days (in-game) before your attributes are high enough. If that wasn't enough, a second layer of difficulty delays your growth: intelligence.
    If your intelligence is not at least 70 (which at the start it's not), you only get a minimum amounts of growth points. The less points you get, the longer it will take to reach high enough in other areas.
    Ergo, from the start your path is already set: Intelligence. Don't even bother with anything else.

And now the good and I'll keep it simple:
    I don't think I ever had as much fun or was invested as much in an adult game as I am with this one. It's seriously addicting. Everything from the lore and bits of story to the handling of mature subjects. The power play and BDSM is exceptionally good and is actually taken seriously this time around.

It's still early in development (even though it has a great deal of content) so I only have high hopes for this one.
    The dev only needs to balance that RNG, remove intelligence stat (just remove it) and most of the grinding will be dealt with.

I'm giving this one 5 stars despite the bad above. Plenty adult content with awesome handling of it, good renders with girls that have believable proportions, the writing is proper English and I just had a ton of fun playing it.
    In a weird way the game reminds me of The Gorean Saga books.

Keep up the good work dev.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

MC27

Superb gameplay design, immersive world building, and top notch writing. Been enjoying the game so far, and I like how the female characters are realistically proportioned (rather than the crazy body shapes like most other games here).
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Kempo

one of the best erotic HTML games. With character creation and a degree of freedom, the whole game is very ambitious in creating some kind of society that could be shaped by the player in the future.
    Updates are released periodically every month; sometimes they are big updates, sometimes small changes.

Some miscellaneous game issues:
    -You have to grind way too much sometimes.
    -Negative attributes of slave girls will often make you regret buying them...and if possible to remove them, you will have to vomit blood to remove them...
  8. 5.00 star(s)

PRONtick

I really enjoy the sex minigame, you have to whip em, and slap em, but make sure they don't pass out, pet em and pat em so they like you better
    and of course the story.. the combat is a bit simplyfied, get the best gun, and shoot, it's turn based
  9. 5.00 star(s)

akenedy

An interesting and fairly ambitious game that actually manages to deliver a solid and enjoyable experience.

The UI and navigation menus are intuitive and easy to use although take some time to explore, it's design is pretty intricate. The visuals are good, and while the render count may not be huge each scene is well portrayed and accompanied by well-written text and dialogue with interactive choices. And the game world itself is interesting with expanding lore and various activities such as quests, business and party management, combat encounters, and many more including of course slave trade and training with extended options, all of which are pretty well implemented and executed.

Overall this is a very well-made slave trainer open-world sim game with a solid gameplay foundation and visual presentation. The biggest downside to this game at the moment though is that it's still in the middle of development and the content and game mechanics are slowly getting implemented and improved so it's going to take a while for this to be in a near finished state.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Donkeyddd

Easily the best Html game ever. It is like a cross between a jrpg, trainer type game and economy management simulator. And I must say it is phenomenal. Just read the description in the spoiler tab of the OP. If you aren't sold on that idea then idk what to tell ya brother

You are this dude in a sci fi world. You pick your character sheet, stats charisma all of that we are talking fallout level stuff here hells yes. although I made a melee build, max strength melee buff etc etc. BUT melee is completely useless. The best melee weapon the sword can deal 13 dmaage while a weapon (you get many) is able to deal 30+ from very early on. Melee is broken, dont pick it. Focus on range. But who cares about combat really?

Todays subject: Slavery. The sex elements of the game come from you enslaving women. You can find them while exploring, or buy them. And all the slaves you find will have their own backgrounds, willpower etc. submissive or dominant? Sadistic or masochistic? All of these are options for your slaves. BRILLIANT. Then you can decide what to do with them, send them to work at a library, send them for prostituting or just have them be a nanny or maid. Incredible stuff here.

Problems though. Again melee is useless. there is no respeccing so im screwed and will have to redo my build. A shame.

You get to choose your build, stocky big penis? Sounds great, problem is that there is no real benefit to a big penis. Women hate it, it is painful and arousal goes down. The women get sad after it. In my head im thinking mindbreak type stuff but that doesnt happen sadly. Instead you slowly grind away at the girls willpower by being nice or really mean.

Sadly though, you cant go full on abuse level mean with your slaves. THEYRE SLAVES. Helloooo why cant I abuse my slaves isnt that the whole point? so this 18 yo, 40 kg girl says: "no daddy im not feeling it today" And my 7ft 100kg muscle dude just has to accept this because oh no the girl has 21 willpower. Doesnt make sense. You need to be able to go full on abuse mode on the slaves, just saying.

Another issue: the renders. The male actor doesnt correspond to your character. Also in some renders the male is bald old guy then all of a sudden he has hair. It is a bit unfortunate. The sex scenes visually are quite weak. Hopefully improved some time in the future. But thankfully, the trainer aspect and the RPG aspect of breaking slaves works great what the game lacks in visuals, it makes up for in the interactivity of the world.

Also some people might be put off by the fact that this is a sandbox but personally as a CRPG enjoyer this wasnt a problem. Though one issue ive had is that I havent found the mission journal, so I cant see the quests im supposed to do. Anyways despite all that it is a great game. Not just in terms of the sex content but in general it is really good.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

DonOps

This is the best HTML game I've ever played.

The game begins with character creation, similar to games like Skyrim. There is a main story to follow, or you can simply enjoy the game with various activities (sandbox style). You can either be a good or bad person and gradually build your family. Your family will be your companions and slaves.

This game's writing and story are above average. It's so good that the entire game comes to life.

The atmosphere is, in my opinion, one of the game's strongest points. It feels good to fight with your pals, follow the story, engage in activities to earn money and items, or expand your home. The battle feature is very well done by the way.

Some may be disappointed if they play this game solely for the sexy content because it contains average-quality renders but with good angles. On the other hand, the game doesn't require high-quality renders or animations because it has a very well-written story that will keep you interested until the end.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Lurker452

First, this is a great game already and the coming developments look like they will continue to improve it.

A few issues:
    1. Very very grindy. While some things (like breaking a slave) feel about right others (like upping your stats) have a low success chance and a slow rate even when they do succeed.
    2. The art is minimal, missing for a few characters entirely, and has a lot of errors (I put a ring gag on my slave and it disappears when I go to deepthroat her - what do you think I put the gag on FOR?!).
    3. Absent the wiki or trying a huge number of random things (most of which do very little) you'll NEVER find all the quests, and there's no log I can see of what quests you've completed in a given run through.

That said the gameplay is generally good and a true sandbox. You can explore numerous different aspects of the world and there is no single path to success. The development of the girls is fun and the control you have during sex heavily compensates for the minimal artwork.

Four stars, and could become five as things go on.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

taler

You can tell that this dev is a video game developer and not a writer. The writing here feels like a video game, not up to par with most of the visual novels on this site. The sex is boring and rote, and even though there are many characters your interactions with them are all very similar. The dialogue is expository, you get the sense that it just wants to show the quest story, and you don't get to know each character as an individual. So in the end doing each quest is just "doing this slave quest" instead of helping someone you care about.

Most of the stuff you're spending your time doing in the game is very repetitive and formulaic and doesn't feel creative nor strike any special interest. The lore is also weak compared to most of the other VNs on the site.

That being said it's a good and competently developed framework for what could be a fun RPG/management experience if only the actual content of the game could match. There's a sincere variety to the mechanics and systems in the game, and with a few misses most of them work together well. You can tell that a huge amount of dev energy was spent on creating these systems and if that's what you're looking for and you're okay with bare-bones character writing then this game is for you.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Alterism

So let's get the bullet points out of the way:

• Pretty good life sim for a variety of reasons. Your character and your focus to wealth is completely in your hands
    • Tons of girls with various traits to their personalities, quests, and things to do
    • A world in which a bunch of things happen with and without you
    • Realistic passage of time
    • The type of slave master you want to be is based completely on you
    • No time limits
    So this game is... Unbelievably interesting to me. I've played a good amount of management text-based games and always gave this one a "i'll play this later". Past me was an idiot. This is a phenomenal sim. The game has a level of slow burn through the day by day activities that make you legitimately want to maximize progress while also taking it easy.

The sex scenes are pretty hot to me. A combination of renders, text, and filling in the blanks that exist via your headspace really helps shape the eroticism of what's being depicted. As do the variations in responses in each scene based on how you approach the girl.

I'd say the only complaints I have is that the world itself currently doesn't fluctuate enough (which I know now is something being added to the game). The game also needs a sort of in game glossary. Currently the wiki helps with all holes you need to solve and realistically it's not a bad wiki. The early game could also be a bit more gentle in introducing the character into the world. The quest selection could also use some tweaking. Maybe more layered elaborate 'hideouts' to raid.

All in all? Phenomenal product. Look forward to any and all updates.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

kanekiogava

So this is super not enough, the game positions itself as something long-lasting and similar to the fallout universe, that is, you think so when you start playing, and as a result, from 2021, instead of new cities and quests with pumping, you get a limited platform with slaves, although quests and survival in a sick world are of greater interest, but there is no emphasis not on poses in sex with animations, also with quests, although there should be more of the second, because the renderers are the same, only the girls change, then where does the emphasis of development go if quests are easier to do than everything else? I am disappointed, because in renpai games, where there is more rendering and development time, there are more quests than in a browser game with fewer pictures and no animations, I hope you will fix the lack of quests in the future and figure out how to continue the plot. I hope you take the criticism seriously without offense, because I don't think I'm the only one who thinks so, there are so few quests in the game - and they are pumped up with quests for money. 25 quests of which 30 percent get, go and give for beginners, and then what to do in the game when the guests are over?

NOW ABOUT THE GOOD:

From the good I will highlight that this is in any case the best promising project I have ever played. But to my regret, without development experience, but with the experience of observing other projects that were built without sponsorship by one person, it has long been possible to do a bunch of quests, balance stats and pump up content. But in any case, the author has a huge respect for the idea, it's been a long time since I've sat so long at the game. The game is so perfectly polished in all that there is nothing to find fault with, you get used to it and play not for the sake of hentai content, but just for the sake of rpg. But what to do with yourself in a game without quests? Train slaves? I can do the same in Jack o nine Tails, I'm sure the system is taken from there or part of it. Again, criticism, but the author is really well done, if this was a passing project, I would not be crucified here in the comments. good luck with the development.

5/5
  16. 4.00 star(s)

tarzan999

Great game with 1 flaw.

The pros are that the slaves are great and that the gameplay can be easily bypassed by save editing. Just add money stats and top tier equipment right after you start a new game.

The con is that due to the many slaves that you have access to(over 10 and more are on the way) the sex content is not as fleshed out as I would like it to be. If you are nice you can complete a quest and eventually marry some of them, but if you are a bad guy you only get appropriate differences in the dialogue of old scenes.

Overall a must play game if you like slave trainers.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

bigtopia

One of the best games on this site, and yes it is an actual game. There are story lines, strategy, and recently a lot of replayability. You can play the game with one playstyle and then have a whole new experience in another playstyle. The renders aren't bad, the adult content contributes to the game rather than being an afterthought. The world is fantastic, but still holds an element of belivability. I think people would want to play this game even if it did not have adult content, which is more than I can say for a lot of the posts here. Already have hours and hours of playtime and looking forward to more.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

needhelpplease

Amazing game with hours of engaging content, but it is still in the early stages (probably over two years away from getting finished at this rate). I recommend cheating with a save editor or editing the HTML file to reduce at least some of the grinding. My main concern is that the developer seems almost overly ambitious since new features keep getting added before older features are fully fleshed out.

Imagine if Skyrim's story was stuck at the point after you just killed your first dragon, and the developers started prioritizing building out the rest of the world while leaving the main quest and numerous side quests unfinished. That's roughly where this game is currently at.

If this keeps up, the game may end up getting abandoned or rushed when the developer understandably wants to move on to work on something else. All in all, this is a great game, but I am a little worried about its future.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

FSDL

Grimdark has created an otherworld fantasy featuring a variety of pathways to multiple endings. The player faces the opportunity costs of these choices, which will influence his/her character ongoing development as they progress in the game.

The story itself is thus far interesting, and seems to have a cohesive internal logic. I've not seen my character being eaten by a magical dragon appearing out of nowhere, nor has my character sudden;y developed superpowers. I do recommend saving often if one is easily frustrated by setbacks.

The game mechanics seem to work with very few issues. Grimdark seems quick to respond to those few issues/bugs that I've seen people bringing to light in the game discussion forum.

The story is original, and for me, engaging. I look forward to seeing Grimdark continuing to flesh out his/her/their story.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

3ceratop5

One of my favorite games. Love the game and the freedom in it only issue is massive amount of grinding but its playable over and over again. the girls are great and there are many different ones and every new update has awesome new features