bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I'm getting back into the game after a bit over a year away, and trying to figure something out. When I had played previously, the Academy job had a "you must teach so many days per month or lose influence/standing" counter which I can't seem to find anymore. Was this counter moved somewhere else in the UI, or was that requirement altered/removed? I am trying a full academic expert start, so didn't get any message that might have explained it from taking the job directly if there is one, and didn't find anything mentioning a change when I skimmed through the patch notes on the wiki.
It was removed some builds ago. Something that I don´t like, BTW...

Reactions: High_Imperceptor
Sep 29, 2019
What do Linemod?Under option on the second page you can now turn on Linemod.But there is no explanation on what that thing will do.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What do Linemod?Under option on the second page you can now turn on Linemod.But there is no explanation on what that thing will do.
It changes the interface inside your house. It changes a lot of the nested stuff to a flatter layout with more of the stuff on the main interface. It'll be pretty obvious when you turn it on.

Reactions: GladiusVictorius

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Was talking about locking in their traits which are determined the first time you enter the same area they're in, whether you talk to them or not. So if you walk into the bathhouse, Ayden's traits are set even if you ignore him. But now that I know you can train up workaholic by setting people as janitors I'm not really concerned with any of the mercs except Bud. Bud can get scavenger but it's not guaranteed. So I won't step into the weapon shop until I'm ready to hire him and guarantee that he has the scavenger trait. Techie is nice to have but it's not really needed. You can duplicate the effect by just training science skill on someone. It's just nice not to have to.
Why do you have to wait to hire Bud? It's not like he cost much and after you get him with the guaranteed trait you want you can just release him again if you don't want him in the house right away. He'll still be in the weapon store afterwards. Or did something change about hiring and firing mercs?

Reactions: Gunner Rey
Mar 5, 2024
What I do is I remove them from followers before midnight calculations roll around, on the paranoid chance that keeping them as followers when midnight hits means they are not treated as janitors.
Hmm, at least here you are not paranoid. As it is the normal jobs all use the dayblock variable and follower set the dayblock variable to 999. This means that for nearly any and all jobs (but not titles) you do need to remove the follower from its slot before the midnight calculations happen - with the sole exception being Nicole working in a newsroom (which she will do, even if she is following the mc/pc around all day and even at midnight).

Be aware though that Grimdark (GD-Studios) does in at least one case confuse dayblock 20 (Tavern whore) and dayblock 25 (Gladiatrix) - when the slot of a tavern whore (dayblock=20) is cleared (passage ClearSlot is called) then the variable $arenanpcs is increased by 1 (meaning that it is theoretically possible to have more than 6 female npcs signed up in the arena).

Please also note, that the usage of "giving a day off" and having a npc in bondage during midnight calculation is not handled consistently (in v8.31 and before).

Ie. a few stat increases (like working in Nika's clothing store) might happen, even if the npc is given a day-off (eventhough you might not earn any money) and npcs on scavenging duty, will happily perform their job, even if tied up (either on the rack or even in a prison cell) or given a day-off, also Slave Master/Mistress will happily perform their job, if they are currently lavishing in a prison cell (or if they have been given a day-off), a guard captain (even if given a day-off or in bondage) will happily train its guards (eventhough at least the guards should not be bound during the midnight calculations, but they can be trained, if they have been given a day-off), also factory workers will happily work in a workshop (even if strung up on the rack, given a day-off or if they are only able to work in a prison cell and not in the actual workshop). The Janitor will happily increase the workaholic trait (if given a day-off), but will not do so, if he is in bondage during midnight calculations (please note, that during each midnight calculations - at least in the current public version - either all janitors will increase their workaholic trait, if the other conditions are meet, or none will - as the variable $lossroll is used and not _lossroll). Also note, that you will gain money from npcs doing academical work, even if they have been given a day-off (or they are in bondage during midnight calculations), but you will not gain money from npcs working at a vendor or from Gold walkers, if they have been given a day-off¹. This is info for v8.31 (and not for the current alpha version - eventhough I doubt that this has so far been changed for the current alpha and I doubt that it will get changed, unless somehow Grimdark becomes aware of these inconsistencies and considering the chances done from v8.3 to v8.31 I doubt that he will get aware of these inconsistencies by me having posted this info in this thread).

ps. The list is not complete.

¹) Why did I explicitly write, that they are not earning money, if given a day-off, but did neglate to mention what is the case, if they are currently in bondage (ie. have been in a prison cell for a few days or are enjoying a nice bondage session on the rack at midnight)?

弗罗多

Jun 7, 2020
{2A98B982-6A9C-4cf9-B4FF-E4CD582FE3F9}.png this is my graduation works of furry trvern collge.red mean first,blue mean good if you have ample points.
of course if you star the game with huntmaster wildborn may also be red

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
View attachment 3614761 this is my graduation works of furry trvern collge.red mean first,blue mean good if you have ample points.
of course if you star the game with huntmaster wildborn may also be red
As recently discussed. Manhunter increases capture chance from 81% to 96% when MC is using staff and no change when MC is using whip or when other party members try to capture someone...
It also increases sell price...But that is kind of meh...

Is that really something you consider red?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Patch notes are out on the wiki for the upcoming version:

Re: Traits

My tierlist:
  • S Tier: Manhunter, Debt, Brainy, Deadly Strike, Unlucky
  • A Tier: Party Animal, Tough, Wildborn (conditional)
  • Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It: Teen Subduer, Attractive, Crackshot,
I should explain Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It. Here, I list the traits that provide bonuses you can never get otherwise, traits that should flat out add value to your rolls independent of your trainable stats but I also do not see them as being too valuable or sometimes not even useful currently. Teen subduer, for example, is an always present bonus to your rolls if the description is to be believed. As long as the girl is 19 years old or less, it always applies. Especially helpful with an early Rebecca for Skullduggerist. But there's only so much points to go around.

Reactions: sonhot and Fauno36

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

My tierlist:
I should explain Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It. Here, I list the traits that provide bonuses you can never get otherwise, traits that should flat out add value to your rolls independent of your trainable stats but I also do not see them as being too valuable or sometimes not even useful currently. Teen subduer, for example, is an always present bonus to your rolls if the description is to be believed. As long as the girl is 19 years old or less, it always applies. Especially helpful with an early Rebecca for Skullduggerist. But there's only so much points to go around.
I mostly agree although the list can change depending on what start you're using. For instance you can't get all of those in a Rise start unless you take a debilitating number of disadvantages. You CAN get all of these though so I would reluctantly drop Deadly Strike and Wildborn in a Rise play through.

I don't consider Huge Penis or Massive Load to be high priority but the other traits leave 5 points left over so there's really nothing else to get unless you want to just spend them on stats. Deadly Strike + Wildborn would cost an extra 120 since you'd have to get 2 levels of soldier to qualify for them. That's equal to your entire starting pool for a Rise start.

Also I think getting both Deadly Strike and Crackshot is a luxury that is not worth it unless you're doing an enhanced start and have so many points you can just get everything. Normally you want 1 or the other.

rise.jpg

Last edited:

BS2001

Jul 11, 2020
Hi In some of the quests Professor Wolf offers to buy items. Is it ok to sell them or should I hang on to them? Thanks

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

My tierlist:
I think Crafter belongs on the 'S' tier, that saves you a lot of grinding combat knives if nothing else and is dirt cheap.

Manhunter I can take or leave, I'd rather have Party Animal for 15. Brainy isn't required in my view, I've done a lot of runs starting with 25 INT and as long as you keep at it your INT will raise anyway, but I do consider the characters I build with it to be superior in the long run at least.

Teen Subduer is one I often take but I'm kinda on the same page as you are. It doesn't seem to help the dialogue charm attempts like I thought it would.

Attractive is worth it I think, for one thing it means that odds are I can strip most strumpets in three days or so with that bonus and you can use to it ask for sex and often that's the point you can change a girls whole demeanor towards you and being a slavegirl in general. It's the gateway drug to affection and corruption.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think Crafter belongs on the 'S' tier, that saves you a lot of grinding combat knives if nothing else and is dirt cheap.

Manhunter I can take or leave, I'd rather have Party Animal for 15. Brainy isn't required in my view, I've done a lot of runs starting with 25 INT and as long as you keep at it your INT will raise anyway, but I do consider the characters I build with it to be superior in the long run at least.

Teen Subduer is one I often take but I'm kinda on the same page as you are. It doesn't seem to help the dialogue charm attempts like I thought it would.

Attractive is worth it I think, for one thing it means that odds are I can strip most strumpets in three days or so with that bonus and you can use to it ask for sex and often that's the point you can change a girls whole demeanor towards you and being a slavegirl in generally. It's the gateway drug to affection and corruption.
I've tried crafter before but every time I do it, it doesn't seem worth it. It's not required because of the workshops until you get to the point where you're trying to make/repair hulk armor or something that the workshop can't do. It does require an annoying amount of grind if you want to get it to a usable level but you could skip that for 6 months, or a year, or ...forever.

To me for a Rise build it really comes down to whether you want your build to start off actually being good at 1 thing and suck at everything else, or if you want to pick up as many of the nice traits as you can that can't be duplicated via stat grinding later. For me that means basically a combat build vs a traits build. The combat build is clearly superior at combat and actually has some skill in melee/ranged as well. The trait build has basically no skill at anything but most of the good traits, and requires more stat grinding to actually be good at anything.

Getting more stats and/or traits for either case requires taking some much more unpleasant disadvantages than just debt/unlucky. Now if you were doing a pacifist build you could actually be good at something and still have most of the traits but a combat focus would be pointless since you'd be forever incapable of personally attacking anyone. One extra disadvantage can get you crafter as well though if you want it.

combat.jpg traits.jpg crafter.jpg

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020

Attractive is worth it I think, for one thing it means that odds are I can strip most strumpets in three days or so with that bonus and you can use to it ask for sex and often that's the point you can change a girls whole demeanor towards you and being a slavegirl in generally. It's the gateway drug to affection and corruption.
This turned out to be the best long term build, that I could think of:
1715199512111.png

He is a wildborn, manipulative, genius, adapt slaver, with almost all non-combat bonus traits.

He can basically fuck any girl, wherever and however he wants on day 1.

He will reach well beyond 100+ intelligence and manipulation skill from books and courses.

He can relatively easy train himself to become very good in any profession (with professor at Furrys tavern being the slowest).

Early game he has the option to pick up Loren or Kyle to hunt for cash.

I did consider also giving him Crafting but figured, meh, he can just craft some extra bolts later, if he really wants to become a crafter and then I just put those last points on copulation, in lack of something better to spend them on.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I've tried crafter before but every time I do it, it doesn't seem worth it. It's not required because of the workshops until you get to the point where you're trying to make/repair hulk armor or something that the workshop can't do. It does require an annoying amount of grind if you want to get it to a usable level but you could skip that for 6 months, or a year, or ...forever.
Crafting bolts only takes 30 minutes each, and gives you chance to improve skill each time.

If you have lots of stamina and spend most of the day doing that, you will get very high artisan and blacksmithing stats already within a month or two. But it is still a drag, and also very anticlimactic when you realize that you need high science skill on top of that to craft the good stuff.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Crafting bolts only takes 30 minutes each, and gives you chance to improve skill each time.

If you have lots of stamina and spend most of the day doing that, you will get very high artisan and blacksmithing stats already within a month or two. But it is still a drag, and also very anticlimactic when you realize that you need high science skill on top of that to craft the good stuff.
Maybe Crafter isn't that mandatory, but it is kinda nice to be able to make pistols right away and not have to grind yourself out of the hole of starting with a '10' where it seems to take forever to get to where you can craft Duraplate and the really interesting ones.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Maybe Crafter isn't that mandatory, but it is kinda nice to be able to make pistols right away and not have to grind yourself out of the hole of starting with a '10' where it seems to take forever to get to where you can craft Duraplate and the really interesting ones.
There was a version awhile ago where 10 blacksmith/artisan wasn't enough to even make combat knives. You could make whips, but you couldn't make the components for it which means you couldn't make anything. So literally the only way to gain skill if you started at 10 was to read the books. I'm glad Grim tweaked that.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I recently experimented with different crafter starts.

Adept business man with Crafting trait makes it possible to craft combat armors as soon as you read the Ingots book and build a smithery.

Combat armors are very profitable. They only cost a few hundred in material and sell for 1600 each.

But with barely enough crafting skills you need to spend lots of time crafting each armor and you end up needing lots of stamina to effectively do it.

And to upgrade your crafting to duraplates (which are very profitable at ~3-4k each)... you need 85 black smithing + 40 science. And long before you are able to reach those levels, you can already afford a workshop.

If you instead go all in on expert business man and add a bit of academic on top, then you can relatively easily go straight to Duraplate production. But you still need to train lots of stamina, since you couldn't affords spending points on that during creation... So, it becomes a very heavy creation point investment for a not so quick income afterall.

It also becomes very annoying on Grimdark dying world that Niko is the only place you can buy textiles needed for combat armors and duraplate armors and that you need to fight bandits to be able to visit his store after day 1.

And once you actually do get effecient, a workshop quickly becomes affordable and then begging the question, what are you going to do for the rest of the game, with a guy very specialiced in something which is effectively obsolete soon after building a workshop.

Hunting (optionally as an expert scholar) --> Invest profit in Gardens --> Sell food --> Invest in Workship is typically just as effective... Not to mention arena fighting. And hunting path actually gives you some increase in stealth skill, which is useful for other things later in the game.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes