• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah that stamina would hurt bad initially, but 2 training sessions per day gets that up past the standard (and still painful) 40 in only 8 days. It's also only 100 influence so no bath house for awhile. Gotta treck all the way to Watery Eyes for massages. It would certainly take a lot longer to fix those stats.

Intelligence and Charm are the only stats there that aren't completely pathetic, but Deadly Strike is really the only significant trait I'd be missing. Wildborn would be nice but that's more of a bonus. Attractive, Teen Subduer, and Party Animal would all combine to make progress with the girls pretty easy even with crappy initial stats too.

Combat stats are so low that MC would be pretty useless there until you get the aim implant or do a LOT of training, but you could round up some stronger mercs and let them carry you through combat.
As long as you can take out the bandit groups that take Stokke Hills and the ones who show up with low control if you play 'A Dying World' these days you can train yourself up fast enough with combat, especially if you rely mostly on melee. The only top tier I go for sometimes is Ayden. A bounty a day and clearing the board of all but the toughest nuts and later two Arena combats a day is enough for me to make regular progress even starting with pathetic combat stats. Kate, Rebecca, even Bud or Ansel are good enough backup as long as I have Ayden. Nowadays being able to capture two melee gods as soon as you can take them ought to make starting with the bare minimum combat skills viable and inexpensive.

Reactions: khumak

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Would somebody be down to split the cost for Tier4?

Price per person: 5€
Start: Before the months ends

I've already got a group of people, which whom I'm splitting the cost since December, but sometimes members want to take a break, hence the reason for this second recruitment wave. We are looking for 2-3 new people, who are interested to remain subscribed. It's no problem if somebody wants to skip a month, but the plan is to keep the sub going for almost the full year. If you are interested, please send me a DM and I'll provide you more infos. :)
How would anyone know if you only split it with 4 others or if you sell it to endless number of people while laughing all the way to the bank?

T_Abraxas

Jun 26, 2020
Hey just checking in after a long time away: is the OTK spanking punishment implemented for public yet? Basically just waiting on that to dive back in.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
As long as you can take out the bandit groups that take Stokke Hills and the ones who show up with low control if you play 'A Dying World' these days you can train yourself up fast enough with combat, especially if you rely mostly on melee. The only top tier I go for sometimes is Ayden. A bounty a day and clearing the board of all but the toughest nuts and later two Arena combats a day is enough for me to make regular progress even starting with pathetic combat stats. Kate, Rebecca, even Bud or Ansel are good enough backup as long as I have Ayden. Nowadays being able to capture two melee gods as soon as you can take them ought to make starting with the bare minimum combat skills viable and inexpensive.
Well you could actually run with no salaries at all for awhile now if you wanted. Go capture a few solo bandits by yourself and use them for damage sponges. Buy Rebecca first to help out if your combat stats are terrible. Use them to go capture Kate and then Truls. Then go pick up the ex arena champ across the ferry. Last up is Cassius but you'd probably need to gear up a bit for him. He's tough to capture. But once you do you now have 4 melee monsters with no salary.

Truls and Cassius can use a greatsword right from the get go. The ex arena champ is either already there or might require a little strength and melee training first. Kate has almost enough melee but probably requires a bunch of strength training. So those 2 probably get katanas initially. All 4 of them are guaranteed brawler. 3 of them are also guaranteed warrior and you can train that up on Kate too. All 4 of them can have malevolent but that requires luck or save scumming.

So now you've got the damage output of a top tier squad with no salaries. Could really put a dent in that early game money situation that way. You could still pick up as many other slaves as you want to do whatever jobs you might have and run with zero salaries for an extended period of time.

I usually pick Ayden up right away as well though. He just makes the early game SO much smoother.

The other problem with running with a slave only early game is that some of the mercs can randomly get some traits that you will probably not get unless you save scum them. If you don't do that the very first time you encounter them you can't do it ever. So no workaholic techie Ayden, no workaholic nympho Enya, no workaholic Felix, no scavenger Bud, etc. I suppose you might be able to save scum the perks on them and then dismiss them to pick up again later. I think they all go back to whatever their designated hangout spot is to be hireable later but I haven't tried that.

In Ayden's case you could still guarantee his perks later but only if you never enter the bath house until you're ready to do it, which would be a shame for a low stamina build. You could get Bud later as well if you never enter the weapon shop but that means you can't use guns at all until you unlock Crystal Hills so you can buy ammo there. There are some others that can get nice perks that you could get later if you just avoid the area they're in til later like Doyle, Space Marine, Loren, Armand, etc. Felix and Enya are the main mercs you wouldn't be able to do anything about. You're going to have to go through Kasey park and Crystal Hills relatively early.

Last edited:

Redeye

Jul 19, 2017
How would anyone know if you only split it with 4 others or if you sell it to endless number of people while laughing all the way to the bank?
I obviously can't give a guarantee for that, just my promise. Theres also a DC, so everyone can see each other. I ofc could make multiple ones, but that would be quite the hassle wouldn't it? It's also quite the task to manage 5 people already (the base price is 29,16€ btw, because of tax), I really couldn't be bothered doing this for some coffee change to be honest, excluding the fact that this would be immensely immoral

I mainly do this, because most use the free version anyway and via this method Grim gets at the very least some money + obviously its quite nice to have Alpha access.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Out of curiosity I just checked to verify that you can hire mercs, save scum their traits if you want, dismiss them, and then go pick them up again later and they'll keep those traits you save scummed. You can also take their stuff. So Felix and Space Marine both get you combat armor for cheaper than actually buying combat armor and Connor gets you duraplate for a LOT cheaper than actually buying duraplate. Enya gets you a power katana. You don't really get anything for Ayden so you're basically paying $4000 up front to lock in his traits for when you hire him back again later. You could certainly go pick up Felix and/or Ayden and use them to capture those melee monster slaves before dismissing them. They would do that a lot more effectively than some random scrubs you captured on day 1.

I think rather than insisting on zero salary I would pick up the top tiers to take their stuff and lock in their perks, use them to pick up the melee monster slaves, and dismiss them but hire all of the other mercs and keep them. Several of them have the actual scavenger perk, Dexter has enough science to be a good quartermaster, Aiko makes a great head maid or nurse, Armand obviously more than pays for himself as an accountant once you have a few investments, etc. The top tiers make up something like 90% of the total salary cost you'd pay if you hired every merc so if you just skip all of the top tiers for the first several months of the game you get most of the benefits of all the mercs for very little salary.

Almost forgot, you can very easily capture an abomination on day 1 from the place you pick up Laika and Loden. Those guys start with 400+ health and strength/stamina way beyond the caps as well as high melee skill. I wouldn't want to use one in combat long term since they can't use weapons and they cause influence loss with every individual fight they're in, but they CAN wear armor. So they could be an interesting day 1 option for someone who for some reason did not want to ever hire any mercs. Once you take out the space hulk group you might also find it amusing to create a full party of abominations and go clear the town with your zombie army instead slaves or mercs.

Just tried the above option in my latest game, hiring all the top tiers so I can easily round up the combat slaves. It's day 6 now and I have Cassius, Truls, Kate, and the ex Arena champ as my combat party now plus all of the mercs except the top tiers, Dexter, Loren, and Doyle for a total salary cost of $159 a day. So I'm already passively profitable with just the few slaves I have working random jobs. Connor and Felix donated their armor to the cause so I have some free Duraplate and Combat armor for Cassius and Truls and will be getting a stealth suit for the ex arena champ by sometime during day 7. Cassius and Truls both have Greatswords, as does MC (had to buy those). Kate and the ex arena champ have katans (both free). I'll pick up Loren and Doyle soon, just hadn't gotten to it. Not sure about Dexter since Averil rolled Techie so she works as a quartermaster.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Well you could actually run with no salaries at all for awhile now if you wanted. Go capture a few solo bandits by yourself and use them for damage sponges. Buy Rebecca first to help out if your combat stats are terrible. Use them to go capture Kate and then Truls. Then go pick up the ex arena champ across the ferry. Last up is Cassius but you'd probably need to gear up a bit for him. He's tough to capture. But once you do you now have 4 melee monsters with no salary.

Truls and Cassius can use a greatsword right from the get go. The ex arena champ is either already there or might require a little strength and melee training first. Kate has almost enough melee but probably requires a bunch of strength training. So those 2 probably get katanas initially. All 4 of them are guaranteed brawler. 3 of them are also guaranteed warrior and you can train that up on Kate too. All 4 of them can have malevolent but that requires luck or save scumming.

So now you've got the damage output of a top tier squad with no salaries. Could really put a dent in that early game money situation that way. You could still pick up as many other slaves as you want to do whatever jobs you might have and run with zero salaries for an extended period of time.

I usually pick Ayden up right away as well though. He just makes the early game SO much smoother.

The other problem with running with a slave only early game is that some of the mercs can randomly get some traits that you will probably not get unless you save scum them. If you don't do that the very first time you encounter them you can't do it ever. So no workaholic techie Ayden, no workaholic nympho Enya, no workaholic Felix, no scavenger Bud, etc. I suppose you might be able to save scum the perks on them and then dismiss them to pick up again later. I think they all go back to whatever their designated hangout spot is to be hireable later but I haven't tried that.

In Ayden's case you could still guarantee his perks later but only if you never enter the bath house until you're ready to do it, which would be a shame for a low stamina build. You could get Bud later as well if you never enter the weapon shop but that means you can't use guns at all until you unlock Crystal Hills so you can buy ammo there. There are some others that can get nice perks that you could get later if you just avoid the area they're in til later like Doyle, Space Marine, Loren, Armand, etc. Felix and Enya are the main mercs you wouldn't be able to do anything about. You're going to have to go through Kasey park and Crystal Hills relatively early.
I've not save-scummed my mercs, I just take what I get. I don't really save-scum the girls much either, though I do try to ensure I don't get duplicates. Usually that's by selling the less impressive one, but sometimes I savescum them. I often do try to get the 'right' Rebecca or Lovisa, one that matches or builds upon the ones I've gotten in the past.

Hrm, looking at this last RftA run I can see the advantages to save-scumming the mercs for traits. I wondered why my Ayden in that game doesn't qualify to be a top Quartermaster, he doesn't have Techie like I remember him getting most of the time.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Any of you guys know the command to get the black scorpion to respawn? I tried the $raien1 thing but couldn't get it to work. cheers

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've not save-scummed my mercs, I just take what I get. I don't really save-scum the girls much either, though I do try to ensure I don't get duplicates. Usually that's by selling the less impressive one, but sometimes I savescum them. I often do try to get the 'right' Rebecca or Lovisa, one that matches or builds upon the ones I've gotten in the past.

Hrm, looking at this last RftA run I can see the advantages to save-scumming the mercs for traits. I wondered why my Ayden in that game doesn't qualify to be a top Quartermaster, he doesn't have Techie like I remember him getting most of the time.
Yeah I never bother to save scum traits on randoms. I used to save scum workaholic on the unique slave girls but now that you can add random males to your house I find that I don't need to do that anymore. I capture so many slaves that some of them are guaranteed to randomly have workaholic. So I save those for eventually workshop labor. Don't care if they're girls or not. I can grind out workaholic on my uniques eventually if I want to but between the mercs who are guaranteed to have it and whatever randoms I find with it I can get 10 workaholics without needing to save scum.

Some of the mercs I find it annoying if they don't get any of the goodies I know they can have. Like Bud not being a scavenger. Come on, what else am I going to do with him?

Workaholic is trainable but not on mercs. Maybe when you can enslave mercs you could grind it out if you want to. The traits I really wish there was a way to train are Scavenger, Brawler, and Malevolent. Warrior and Bloodthirsty are already trainable.

I usually do save scum malevolent on the ex arena champ just because I find the slave arena tedious if the girl I put there doesn't have at least 3 of the traits relevant to the arena. As long as I can guarantee malevolent on her I can train up all the others on her. It used to be possible to train a girl up to where she could beat Raven 100% of the time without F5. I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. I know that bloodthirsty/malevolent/warrior/brawler is not enough to do it. Maybe if they also worship Aesir and also have 120+ strength and melee? Not sure. You can still get a girl to be profitable fighting Raven without F5 but I find it annoying if she ever loses, and I'd rather not have to F5 it.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I want to reset the mission The Prowler in the Depths 2. What should I do?
So Leia Winton?

Save to disk before trying this. If you have more than one of her too, you might risk bricking something.

Control + Shift + J to open console command and enter these lines individually:

SugarCube.State.active.variables.oldone3 = undefined

SugarCube.State.active.variables.oldone2 = 9

SugarCube.State.active.variables.wintontalk = false

SugarCube.State.active.variables.quest_winton = 4

SugarCube.State.active.variables.wintonsex = 1

Any of you guys know the command to get the black scorpion to respawn? I tried the $raien1 thing but couldn't get it to work. cheers
It is this, no?

SugarCube.State.active.variables.raien1 = 1

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Workaholic is trainable but not on mercs.
Wait, why? Can you not assign them as Janitors? If they have 60+ discipline, I think they can gain Workaholic as Janitors, 16.67% chance according to the wiki. Wiki does not list that they need positive happiness and affection so I think it is not needed. What I do is I remove them from followers before midnight calculations roll around, on the paranoid chance that keeping them as followers when midnight hits means they are not treated as janitors.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Wait, why? Can you not assign them as Janitors? If they have 60+ discipline, I think they can gain Workaholic as Janitors, 16.67% chance according to the wiki. Wiki does not list that they need positive happiness and affection so I think it is not needed. What I do is I remove them from followers before midnight calculations roll around, on the paranoid chance that keeping them as followers when midnight hits means they are not treated as janitors.
Oh janitors can become workaholics now? Nice. It used to only be maids. In that case Bud is the only merc I'll feel compelled to save scum since Scavenger is not trainable as far as I know.

Sep 17, 2017
I'm getting back into the game after a bit over a year away, and trying to figure something out. When I had played previously, the Academy job had a "you must teach so many days per month or lose influence/standing" counter which I can't seem to find anymore. Was this counter moved somewhere else in the UI, or was that requirement altered/removed? I am trying a full academic expert start, so didn't get any message that might have explained it from taking the job directly if there is one, and didn't find anything mentioning a change when I skimmed through the patch notes on the wiki.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
what does not going to the bathhouse/gun store have to do with ayden? is it some hidden quest? I know there is the option when you first meet him to say something like "big fan" I guess which may make him like you more?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
what does not going to the bathhouse/gun store have to do with ayden? is it some hidden quest? I know there is the option when you first meet him to say something like "big fan" I guess which may make him like you more?
Was talking about locking in their traits which are determined the first time you enter the same area they're in, whether you talk to them or not. So if you walk into the bathhouse, Ayden's traits are set even if you ignore him. But now that I know you can train up workaholic by setting people as janitors I'm not really concerned with any of the mercs except Bud. Bud can get scavenger but it's not guaranteed. So I won't step into the weapon shop until I'm ready to hire him and guarantee that he has the scavenger trait. Techie is nice to have but it's not really needed. You can duplicate the effect by just training science skill on someone. It's just nice not to have to.

Reactions: DrLizardman

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Oh janitors can become workaholics now? Nice. It used to only be maids. In that case Bud is the only merc I'll feel compelled to save scum since Scavenger is not trainable as far as I know.
If Bud don´t get scavenger, it´s quite useless, yes.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes