Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Based on my experiment, keeping his discipline at 40+ does lower the trait value. Give him $25+ allowance to prevent stat drops. Addiction will always put the discipline back to 40. Making him a guard with a capable captain ensures you keep trying to raise his discipline.
I think that you must have messed up the experiment.

Simplified high level version of the code looks like this:
Code:
if addicted then
   if less than $25 allowance then
      small risk of stat decrease
      addiction-1
   end if
   if discipline > 40 then
      discipline = 40
   end if
end if
Game world logic would be that addicts can't have more than 40 discipline.
If addicted npcs can afford to buy drugs then they will remain addicted forever. Otherwise they will slowly decrease the addiction and suffer from withdrawal, while doing so.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I think that you must have messed up the experiment.

Simplified high level version of the code looks like this:
Code:
if addicted then
   if less than $25 allowance then
      small risk of stat decrease
      addiction-1
   end if
   if discipline > 40 then
      discipline = 40
   end if
end if
Game world logic would be that addicts can't have more than 40 discipline.
If addicted npcs can afford to buy drugs then they will remain addicted forever. Otherwise they will slowly decrease the addiction and suffer from withdrawal, while doing so.
To be honest, my html days are so far back that I forgot most of it. I could be reading the code wrong. But the experiment I conducted did see a lowered addiction trait value (reserved5?). I wonder if I did something wrong. The initial cheat, maybe? I got him $30 allowance, cheated his affection to not be despising so I can assign him as guard under Ayden, gave him the max discipline I can give through console (which is always lowered 40) as a one time boost since he started at 10 discipline, and I just kept clicking conclude day for 15 days.

Mar 5, 2024
I think I did not get the second cipher. I did find the right spot just by zooming in on browser and clicking. Took me around 20 minutes of looking. Hovering over it does say that it was the three masters statue. So now I am wondering if I sequence break'd it and if I should reload my save and do it the intended way.

Here's my only cipher:
The code in v8.31b for the three masters poi is:
<<if $owntext2 is 2 and $stokkeen2 is undefined>>
<div class="cyberc scale70">
<<hovertip "The three masters">>
[img[$imgpath + "Maps/opacimg.png"][MScaving][$mscaving to 30, $adpos to 0]]
<</hovertip>>
</div>
<</if>>

Meaning that you will not find the location, if there is still the Cultist Monk left on the map. Also you do get the second (or first¹) encrypted text from the poi of a divine juices rumor, where you just look around a cellar and find a text on a dead body.

¹) Depending on the viewpoint/perspective.

Reactions: Clemency

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
To be honest, my html days are so far back that I forgot most of it. I could be reading the code wrong. But the experiment I conducted did see a lowered addiction trait value (reserved5?). I wonder if I did something wrong. The initial cheat, maybe? I got him $30 allowance, cheated his affection to not be despising so I can assign him as guard under Ayden, gave him the max discipline I can give through console (which is always lowered 40) as a one time boost since he started at 10 discipline, and I just kept clicking conclude day for 15 days.
I found the bug...
<<if _npc.allow lte 24 or _npc.salary lte 24>>

Slaves will always have 0 salary... So, they will always suffer from withdrawal regardless of what allowance they have.

GD-studios I belive the correct code would be AND instead of OR.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
The code in v8.31b for the three masters poi is:
<<if $owntext2 is 2 and $stokkeen2 is undefined>>
<div class="cyberc scale70">
<<hovertip "The three masters">>
[img[$imgpath + "Maps/opacimg.png"][MScaving][$mscaving to 30, $adpos to 0]]
<</hovertip>>
</div>
<</if>>

Meaning that you will not find the location, if there is still the Cultist Monk left on the map. Also you do get the second (or first¹) encrypted text from the poi of a divine juices rumor, where you just look around a cellar and find a text on a dead body.

¹) Depending on the viewpoint/perspective.
Oh. I already captured the Cultist Monk way before I started this quest and I have done the first two Divine Juices rumors long ago. I did not get a guide to where to search but it seems I have done the other things. I even checked my owntext2 sugarcube variable. It says 2.

I found the bug...

Slaves will always have 0 salary... So, they will always suffer from withdrawal regardless of what allowance they have.
Ah. Here I thought I was clever thinking that Addiction might work like Sweet Tooth and discipline helps decrease it. :FacePalm:

In my defense, it seemed like a logical path.

Reactions: Porrvald

HammieSammie

Sep 21, 2022
Will she bump up one extra point if I keep looking at her page? S'been weeks. I swear they only increase their stats if you stick them in page 8 and never ever check stats. :LOL:
1714230104836.png

• Haha
Reactions: sonhot

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
How do you get income or rewards from Fort Sera?
I think Fort Sera already offers a bit of income if you complete the entire Fort Sera questline and become its owner. Over time, from donating captives to the fort (especially generic captives with ID between 5-15 because other captives cannot boost the fort power beyond 100) and Fort Sera being given money by the Republic in exchange for troops during random conclude day events, etc, Fort Sera's resources grows and your daily income from them should grow too. I am earning $400+ per day from them now. Not as much or as efficient as other investments though but the Fort's primary purpose is probably boosting your house's faction power, perhaps for future content.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024
I found the bug...

GD-studios I belive the correct code would be AND instead of OR.
Really? AND instead of OR (how boring)?
How about << if (_npc.allow + _npc.salary) lte 24>>
or how about << if not (_npc.allow lte 24 or _npc.salary lte 24)>>
or <<if not ((_npc.allow + _npc.salary) gt 25)>>
or <<if (_npc.allow + _npc.salary - 25) lt 0>>
or <<if (_npc.allow gt _npc.salary and _npc.allow lte 24) or (_npc.salary gte _npc.allow and _npc.salary lte 24)>>
or <<if (_npc.allow + _npc.salary) lte 49>> (if we want another bound on daily cash at hand of the npc)
or how about (my personal favorit):
<<if not (((_npc.status is 9 or _npc.status is 10) and $credit gt 10000) or _npc.warfame gte 600 or (_npc.allow + _npc.salary) lte 25)>>
after all wives and familiy of a very influential mc/pc should be able to get drugs (even if they cannot pay for it with their own money) and also famous npcs should be able to get drugs (if they are not able to pay for them with money) - eventhough I guess that highly corrupted and beautiful npcs (with some certain skills) should also be able to pay for drugs with something else then money (at least if they are not currently strung up on a rack or loiter around in a holding cell with closed cell door for more than 24 h - here for once it should not matter, if the npc has been given a day off, eventhough it might be easier for a npc, with a day off, to pay for drugs in some other way). But then I guess, at least Ansel should also be able to appropiate cash in some other way (if he somehow gets addicted to a drug), at least if the mc/pc has enough cash to begin with.

Reactions: GD-studios

ibell420

May 8, 2021
I released Caitlin when she was Amiable and do not see here in the West. I talked to here about her background and she said she would open up an opportunity and if there were enough help she would come back. can someone tell me where the clinic is supposed to be. Or do you have to do something else. Bug maybe?

1714243295408.png

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think Fort Sera already offers a bit of income if you complete the entire Fort Sera questline and become its owner. Over time, from donating captives to the fort (especially generic captives with ID between 5-15 because other captives cannot boost the fort power beyond 100) and Fort Sera being given money by the Republic in exchange for troops during random conclude day events, etc, Fort Sera's resources grows and your daily income from them should grow too. I am earning $400+ per day from them now. Not as much or as efficient as other investments though but the Fort's primary purpose is probably boosting your house's faction power, perhaps for future content.
There's also an indirect way that Fort Sera gives you a boost via a random event that only starts to trigger once you donate enough slaves to Fort Sera to reach the minimum threshold for manpower to trigger the event. I forget the threshold but it's something like 150-200 if I remember right. So even if donating slaves to them is not boosting standing with them anymore, it's still worth donating to them. Also once you hit the standing cap with them you can still continue to boost their power via donations which increases their income.

Once you hit that threshold you will start randomly seeing a "Company Ready" event where the Republic draws recruits from Fort Sera (depleting it's manpower somewhat), and in exchange you gain standing with the Republic. Republic Standing has a very strong effect on income once you have enough investments for it's magnifying effect to really make a difference. Unlike most factions, standing for the Republic works more like the Accountant bonus which magnifies whatever income you're already producing.

Directly boosting standing with the Republic via donations is VERY difficult, so that Company Ready event is the best way to boost it generally even if it's purely random.

What I tend to do is start off donating most of my male slaves to the Vikings to boost their standing and then once I have enough money to finish the questline for Fort Sera ($150k for that final donation), I switch and start donating all of my male slaves to Fort Sera. The vikings accept rifles as donations as well so once I switch my slave donations to Fort Sera, the Vikings get Rifles from then on, although they have to compete with House Carossa for them for awhile.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I released Caitlin when she was friendly and do not see here in the West. I talked to here about her background and she said she would open up an opportunity and if there were enough help she would come back. can someone tell me where the clinic is supposed to be. Or do you have to do something else. Bug maybe?

View attachment 3580292
The clinic it´s in the West Side. Above the Armor Store

Have you finished the Blid Hunt Quest? And have rised her to the Servant status?

ibell420

May 8, 2021
The clinic it´s in the West Side. Above the Armor Store

Have you finished the Blid Hunt Quest? And have rised her to the Servant status?
I don't have a Blind hunt in my quest book. Never saw it. How does it get triggered? What does rised her to a servant status mean?

4.50 star(s) 113 Votes